ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #6091
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!
 
ryanwilliamcantrell's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
I took it to work 2 times and with about 20 miles of 75 mph I84 speed limit each way..........
I never changed the gearing from stock and it was not at all enjoyable (torture).
And I checked the oil when I got home and it was low. I was like, where did it go? It wasn't burning it. It was blowing oil through the breather tube into the airbox revving that high.
And it wasn't really geared low enough for the trails either. YMMV.
LOL.

Great to know! Thanks ()
__________________
Ride your own ride & enjoy your ride.


ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #6092
trailrider383
867-5309
 
trailrider383's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: NP, ID
Oddometer: 3,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell View Post
LOL.

Great to know! Thanks ()
I just added some more info to my post about the same time you posted this.
__________________
DO WHAT YOU LIKE - LIKE WHAT YOU DO
Explain to me again why enjoying life when I retire is more important than enjoying life now?
trailrider383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #6093
av_mech
Risk Taker
 
av_mech's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Boise, ID
Oddometer: 1,143
I posted this ride on IAMC for the holiday weekend:

I'm dying to get out camping!!!!! I don't care where we go. I don't care what we ride. Somebody come with me!!! I am doing the challenge and I haven't started yet, so I will be incorporating some points. We can ride all forest roads, all highway, or gnarly singletrack that an 800 has no business being on. I don't care. I just wanna go and I don't wanna go alone.
__________________
2011 Triumph 800 XC
2007 Honda CRF 250X
1994 Kawasaki KLX 650R

THE ADVENTURES OF TYSON AND HOBBES
THE BACKCOUNTRY PURSUIT- Boise, Idaho's consignment specialist for ADV gear!
av_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #6094
silverspurs
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by av_mech View Post
I posted this ride on IAMC for the holiday weekend:

I'm dying to get out camping!!!!! I don't care where we go. I don't care what we ride. Somebody come with me!!! I am doing the challenge and I haven't started yet, so I will be incorporating some points. We can ride all forest roads, all highway, or gnarly singletrack that an 800 has no business being on. I don't care. I just wanna go and I don't wanna go alone.
sorry you missed our ride last weekend... I think you were working on your suspension? anyway, great time of year to get those sites out near JV OR... the back way from Birch Creek to Danner/Inskip is a fun ride... and plan to camp at Birch Creek Ranch along the river... I guarantee you'll like it

I won't be heading out overnight again for a couple of weeks, most likely up toward HC to pick up Cornucopia, Homestead, Sheep Point, Helena etc, probably on a Fri/Sat deal... I'll post up an invite here when we get it all sorted out...
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #6095
av_mech
Risk Taker
 
av_mech's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Boise, ID
Oddometer: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
sorry you missed our ride last weekend... I think you were working on your suspension? anyway, great time of year to get those sites out near JV OR... the back way from Birch Creek to Danner/Inskip is a fun ride... and plan to camp at Birch Creek Ranch along the river... I guarantee you'll like it

I won't be heading out overnight again for a couple of weeks, most likely up toward HC to pick up Cornucopia, Homestead, Sheep Point, Helena etc, probably on a Fri/Sat deal... I'll post up an invite here when we get it all sorted out...
Sorry I missed it too. I had a leaky fork seal and I wanted to make a tweak to the valving. Jay and I got it done tonight. I'm ready to go! Just gotta find some people to go with.
__________________
2011 Triumph 800 XC
2007 Honda CRF 250X
1994 Kawasaki KLX 650R

THE ADVENTURES OF TYSON AND HOBBES
THE BACKCOUNTRY PURSUIT- Boise, Idaho's consignment specialist for ADV gear!
av_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #6096
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider
 
Jason Abbott's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA
Oddometer: 658
My brother and I rode Succor Creek, Leslie Gulch, Birch Creek and Jordan Craters

New job taxes my brain, which I like, but cuts into the ride novelettes. So this one can be seen ahem over at Facebook.

I was down there camping with the family last weekend and chatted with a couple guys who came in on KLRs. If that was you,
__________________
Photo ride reports: http://trailimage.com/ _
Jason Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #6097
silverspurs
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Abbott View Post
New job taxes my brain, which I like, but cuts into the ride novelettes. So this one can be seen ahem over at Facebook.

I was down there camping with the family last weekend and chatted with a couple guys who came in on KLRs. If that was you,
We were there Friday night and Saturday morning... we were a KLR and a 1200 GS, so it wasn't us!! great place to ride!!
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #6098
trailrider383
867-5309
 
trailrider383's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: NP, ID
Oddometer: 3,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by av_mech View Post
I posted this ride on IAMC for the holiday weekend:

I'm dying to get out camping!!!!! I don't care where we go. I don't care what we ride. Somebody come with me!!! I am doing the challenge and I haven't started yet, so I will be incorporating some points. We can ride all forest roads, all highway, or gnarly singletrack that an 800 has no business being on. I don't care. I just wanna go and I don't wanna go alone.
Good luck, and watch out for the crazies! I don't think I've ever seen so many RV's with quads and UTV's in my life headed out this early before a holiday weekend. I saw a bunch today headed out of the valley. You just gotta experience coming around a blind corner off road and meet two idiots riding side by side taking up the whole road. I've had that happen twice now. Once in the timber and once in the desert.
__________________
DO WHAT YOU LIKE - LIKE WHAT YOU DO
Explain to me again why enjoying life when I retire is more important than enjoying life now?
trailrider383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #6099
effensteve
Enjoying the ride
 
effensteve's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: The far east (of Oregon)
Oddometer: 589
I never go out on memorial, labor day or the 4th of july, too many people and that always seems to mean stress for me and mine. Staying home, having some family over, some BBQ and brews . Makes a great holiday
effensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #6100
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer
 
dammitdave's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Oddometer: 1,189
I Hear Ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by effensteve View Post
I never go out on memorial, labor day or the 4th of july, too many people and that always seems to mean stress for me and mine. Staying home, having some family over, some BBQ and brews . Makes a great holiday
Steve, I'm just eavesdropping on this thread, but I have to agree with you. There's 4 million people between me and anywhere I'm going on a long weekend. The only time to go is when there's no corresponding holiday in Canada. Then it's slip across at Sumas or vector through Victoria for light traffic and long rides. dd
__________________
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #6101
av_mech
Risk Taker
 
av_mech's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Boise, ID
Oddometer: 1,143
I know, I know. Lots of people. I don't have family to BBQ with and I wanna ride. I'll bring my gun....
__________________
2011 Triumph 800 XC
2007 Honda CRF 250X
1994 Kawasaki KLX 650R

THE ADVENTURES OF TYSON AND HOBBES
THE BACKCOUNTRY PURSUIT- Boise, Idaho's consignment specialist for ADV gear!
av_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #6102
BasqueTreader
Askatua
 
BasqueTreader's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Boise, Id
Oddometer: 72
Just wanted to say hi to everybody.. I had nothing but bike problems last year and didn't ride at all, a very fustrating time. I am however ready to ride this year, and hope to get together with you guys and ride
__________________
"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then is a good thing..."
-Thomas Jefferson
BasqueTreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #6103
trailrider383
867-5309
 
trailrider383's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: NP, ID
Oddometer: 3,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasqueTreader View Post
Just wanted to say hi to everybody.. I had nothing but bike problems last year and didn't ride at all, a very fustrating time. I am however ready to ride this year, and hope to get together with you guys and ride
Joe, right? Good to see you are still riding.What did you do with Phil?
__________________
DO WHAT YOU LIKE - LIKE WHAT YOU DO
Explain to me again why enjoying life when I retire is more important than enjoying life now?
trailrider383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #6104
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!
 
ryanwilliamcantrell's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by effensteve View Post
I never go out on memorial, labor day or the 4th of july, too many people and that always seems to mean stress for me and mine. Staying home, having some family over, some BBQ and brews . Makes a great holiday
+1, what a PITA. And, like Ed said, too many crazies out to ride this weekend. Granted, I may roll in the cage at some point.

Gotta get that little bike out soon, and see how it runs.

Thanks for the info, Ed. That ratio thread was really interesting.
__________________
Ride your own ride & enjoy your ride.


ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #6105
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!
 
ryanwilliamcantrell's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
Joe, right? Good to see you are still riding.What did you do with Phil?
He buried Phil in his back yard.

Phil's done off road ~ too many nerve issues in his elbow, shoulder and back. He's confined to the twisties now.
__________________
Ride your own ride & enjoy your ride.


ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014