ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #6646
Handy
Sunburnt
 
Handy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: The great state of Idaho
Oddometer: 1,666
Tuscarora and Metropolis are right near the highway so they shouldn't be a problem. The others should be accessible as long as the roads aren't too bad, depending upon how tough you are.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #6647
trailrider383
867-5309
 
trailrider383's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: NP, ID
Oddometer: 3,137
Riding in the rain tomorrow. Traction was awesome this afternoon.
__________________
DO WHAT YOU LIKE - LIKE WHAT YOU DO
Explain to me again why enjoying life when I retire is more important than enjoying life now?
trailrider383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #6648
effensteve
Enjoying the ride
 
effensteve's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: The far east (of Oregon)
Oddometer: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
Riding in the rain tomorrow. Traction was awesome this afternoon.

just like you always tell me, with out pics it never happened
effensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #6649
silverspurs
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 859
Some pic's of clouds... ain't got nuttin better to do

Kinda slow in here lately... snow's a comin! getting ready to ski!... anyway, I'm cross posting some pic's from another thread about cloud pic's to keep our thread up at the top of the list!... hope ya'll are getting some riden' in ...

Idaho has some pretty clouds... some caused by forest fires...


some look better when you get closer to them at over 10,000 feet asl

some look good when your above them...

and some look better in the evening...

some clouds hide behind mountains

some look better a dusk

and some take on the color of their surroundings...


clouds are cool.

man... I'm bored!! gotta go for a ride!!!
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #6650
trailrider383
867-5309
 
trailrider383's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: NP, ID
Oddometer: 3,137


Bump for Thanksgiving Day. Have a happy one to you and yours.

P.S. I need to ride dirt this weekend. Discuss......
__________________
DO WHAT YOU LIKE - LIKE WHAT YOU DO
Explain to me again why enjoying life when I retire is more important than enjoying life now?
trailrider383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #6651
WhiskeySierra
Day L8, $1 Short
 
WhiskeySierra's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post


Bump for Thanksgiving Day. Have a happy one to you and yours.

P.S. I need to ride dirt this weekend. Discuss......
Turkey with a side of dirt...yummy.

Happy Thanksgiving!
WhiskeySierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #6652
obrianmcc
Studly Adventurer
 
obrianmcc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 557
Happy Thanksgiving.....

[IMG][/IMG]
__________________
2006 DRZ 400 E / Plated - 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #6653
Idahosam
Set Adrift
 
Idahosam's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Mostly sitting on my ass recovering
Oddometer: 4,120
A Sit Down Social And Ride Planning Extraviganza

A Re-post from the IAMC site.

December 15th (Saturday) 1PM to 3 PM ish Idaho Pizza, Fairview



So, It's been pretty quite in here and I know the reason was/is many have had extremely busy summers and I'm sure some GREAT adventures to share. So I think now that the season has slowed and we survived and given thanks to Thanksgiving it would be nice gather for an afternoon before the next large Holiday onslought and Chat it up.

I myself would like to sit and discuss a couple of rides I have in the works, and to discuss whom might be interested. But mainly it would be enjoyable to just sit, chat, eat and in general catch-up with the Boise gang.

I would like to see if anyone is interested in a couple of rides I have planned out:

The Transcontinental Railroad Route Lucin to Promontory ??

Reride the Pony Express Utah Byway (big bike friendly)

Also to discuss anyone interesed in a winter getaway to Death Valley for a week end of Febuary...ish ?

So what say you all? Heck no ones doing much this time of year and it's a good time to just get together and chew the cud.. sort of speak.




See you out there... I get my kicks on Route 66


__________________
My Ride South of the Border
Riding Nevada's Pony Express Trail May 2013

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #6654
Idahosam
Set Adrift
 
Idahosam's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Mostly sitting on my ass recovering
Oddometer: 4,120



__________________
My Ride South of the Border
Riding Nevada's Pony Express Trail May 2013

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #6655
cbmma1969
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Meridian, ID
Oddometer: 684
Sam,
Definitely in for a get together. Death valley would work well for me for a get away. I started looking at vacation time and finances and a south of the border run would have to be abreviated. The other rides would be interesting also.
__________________
The traveler is active; he goes strenuously in search of people, of adventure, or experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. DANIEL J. BOORSTIN, attributed, Voyages of Discover
cbmma1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #6656
Handy
Sunburnt
 
Handy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: The great state of Idaho
Oddometer: 1,666
I might be in for the RR and pony express rides, but I just booked my flight and hotel for Hawaii at the end of Februaryso I won't be able to make death valley.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #6657
silverspurs
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHandy View Post
I might be in for the RR and pony express rides, but I just booked my flight and hotel for Hawaii at the end of Februaryso I won't be able to make death valley.

Oh you SUCK!... I'm way jealous... have a great time!
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #6658
trailrider383
867-5309
 
trailrider383's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: NP, ID
Oddometer: 3,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
A Re-post from the IAMC site.

December 15th (Saturday) 1PM to 3 PM ish Idaho Pizza, Fairview
So, It's been pretty quite in here and I know the reason was/is many have had extremely busy summers and I'm sure some GREAT adventures to share. So I think now that the season has slowed and we survived and given thanks to Thanksgiving it would be nice gather for an afternoon before the next large Holiday onslought and Chat it up.

I myself would like to sit and discuss a couple of rides I have in the works, and to discuss whom might be interested. But mainly it would be enjoyable to just sit, chat, eat and in general catch-up with the Boise gang.

I would like to see if anyone is interested in a couple of rides I have planned out:

The Transcontinental Railroad Route Lucin to Promontory ??

Reride the Pony Express Utah Byway (big bike friendly)

Also to discuss anyone interesed in a winter getaway to Death Valley for a week end of Febuary...ish ?

So what say you all?
You guys get the Death Valley ride all figured out at this first meeting and then let me know what you have planned. Then I can see if I can make it. Maybe you could have a second meeting at a more centrally located place. Nampa would be good for those of us that don't live in Boise. Just sayin.......
__________________
DO WHAT YOU LIKE - LIKE WHAT YOU DO
Explain to me again why enjoying life when I retire is more important than enjoying life now?
trailrider383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #6659
Idahosam
Set Adrift
 
Idahosam's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Mostly sitting on my ass recovering
Oddometer: 4,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
You guys get the Death Valley ride all figured out at this first meeting and then let me know what you have planned. Then I can see if I can make it. Maybe you could have a second meeting at a more centrally located place. Nampa would be good for those of us that don't live in Boise. Just sayin.......

Hi'a Trailrider, Well I pretty much know what I want to do already,.............. just none of this if at all possible

I have a "Tom Harrison Map" of Death Valley, pretty good detail. Also read over Steep and Rocky's RR they did there so I kinda know which direction (loop) I want to follow.

The Question is where to set up base camp to ride out (Central location); who wants to go, cost sharing ride down, Etc..

I would be more than happy to drive over to Nampa to meet-up I just don't know that area. I'd even be willing to come over to Payette provided I can get Katy and Alan to join us to pick there minds.

I'll let you know.
__________________
My Ride South of the Border
Riding Nevada's Pony Express Trail May 2013

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #6660
Idahosam
Set Adrift
 
Idahosam's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Mostly sitting on my ass recovering
Oddometer: 4,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHandy View Post
I might be in for the RR and pony express rides, but I just booked my flight and hotel for Hawaii at the end of Februaryso I won't be able to make death valley.

Good for you man, you'll enjoy the visit, have a great time. I lived there, so I have my fill of Paradise. Personally, for a third the cost I like Playa Del Carmen,

Come on down on the 15th just cause.
__________________
My Ride South of the Border
Riding Nevada's Pony Express Trail May 2013

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014