ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #7321
MingRidesBikes
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Ride Wednesday (Tomorrow)

Handy and I will be meeting @ the Federal Way / Gowen Rd Albertsons gas station around 7:30 - 8:00am. We'll be hitting a few spots on the IAMC list. Anyone free and wanting to ride is more than welcome to join!
MingRidesBikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #7322
TheAdmiral
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 768
Flag Replaced on East Mtn Lookout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdmiral View Post
I'm planning a day ride to replace the flag up on East Mtn Lookout about 12 July. Trailering the TW to Smiths Ferry and leaving from there.
I don't know who did it, but someone beat me to it...and I'm glad and proud of the person who did. I'll carry the flag I bought with me from now on just in case I run into a similar situation. Good on you whoever you are.

and we had a good time riding the northern part of East Mtn Way Trail

My puppy cooling off in Clear Creek on the way back.

Admiral's Voyages http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788178
TheAdmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:48 AM   #7323
MingRidesBikes
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MingRidesBikes View Post
Handy and I will be meeting @ the Federal Way / Gowen Rd Albertsons gas station around 7:30 - 8:00am. We'll be hitting a few spots on the IAMC list. Anyone free and wanting to ride is more than welcome to join!

Leaving West Boise, @ 7:20 to head out to the meeting spot. Will be there between 7:30 - 8:00am for those that want to join
Old 07-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #7324
Handy
Sunburnt

Oddometer: 1,666
Had a great ride with Ming today. We got lost a few times, rode through moon dust that was almost 2 feet deep in places, tore it up out in the desert and hit five challenge points. He bailed before I made it to Swan Falls after riding about 250 miles on a dirt bike seat, can't say as I blame him.
Handy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #7325
Handy
Sunburnt

I am going to hit the Sage Hen, Snowbank Mtn., and Boiling Springs sites tomorrow. Going to try to stay mostly on dirt so it will likely be a fairly long day. If anyone wants to join we can meet at the intersection of Hwy. 16 and Hwy. 44 at 7:30 tomorrow morning.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #7326
mtnras
2006 DRZ 400

Oddometer: 18
boise to Ketchum waypoints

anyone have gps info/waypoints for a route between boise and ketchum... via pine/featherville? rode it years ago but no longer have the data.

thanks,

m
mtnras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #7327
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnras View Post
anyone have gps info/waypoints for a route between boise and ketchum... via pine/featherville? rode it years ago but no longer have the data.
My wife and I went this way. It was mostly gravel. It looked like this. I'm sure you could find dirtier detours. For tomorrow's group ride I'll just be slabbing it, though.

I should have the GPX track around here somewhere if that's what you're after.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #7328
mtnras
2006 DRZ 400

gpx

yeah was hoping for gps data for the more off the beaten path ride... through pine/featherville, trinity mtn and over dollar.

m
Old 07-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #7329
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Quote:
yeah was hoping for gps data for the more off the beaten path ride... through pine/featherville, trinity mtn and over dollar.
Sounds like a fun route. I thought the gravel between Trinity and Pine was rather tedious the couple times I rode it. Have you tried the state trails site? It lets you download trails as GPX files. It looks like you could take Trinity to Atlanta and then single track down to Dollarhide. I haven't tried it but you should and then share the details.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #7330
mtnras
2006 DRZ 400

state site

yeah... the state site is a cool tool. would be nice if you could highlite areas and then upload them, rather than just bringing each trail up one at a time... maybe i'm just using it incorrectly. any tips?
Old 07-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #7331
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Quote:
maybe i'm just using it incorrectly. any tips?
This link will let you pull up the entire Idaho trail system in Google Earth which you can then export to GPX with standard tools:
http://gis.idaho.gov/ArcGIS/rest/ser...l/mapImage.kmz

The layers this adds to Google Earth are live so they should always show the most current details.

There are a few more technical options on the Idaho GIS page
http://gis.idaho.gov/ArcGIS/rest/ser...VMap/MapServer
Old 07-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #7332
Xylx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Shorai battery in Boise. Help

Anyone know where I can get a Shorai battery this weekend in Boise? Happy Trails is closed. They advertise them but I don't know if they drop ship them or have them in stock. I am leaving next week for a trip and the battery on my DRZ400 wasn't perfect so I went to Sterling Battery on Chinden and they gave me the wrong size. Like an idiot I surrendered my working but not so good battery. Now I'm... you know what. I guess I can always go to Carl's tomorrow and get a basic Yuasa.
Xylx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #7333
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,010
The Shorai website has several dealers in the valley that show up on their dealer locator map.

I personally buy only Yuasa batteries. I just sold my 2005 CRF450X that still had the original Yuasa in it. My wifes ATV still has the original Yuasa battery in it from 2004. I just had to put a new battery in my daughters ATV that was the original from 2005. It gets very minimal use so I can see why that one probably finally gave up the ghost.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:23 AM   #7334
MingRidesBikes
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy View Post
Had a great ride with Ming today. We got lost a few times, rode through moon dust that was almost 2 feet deep in places, tore it up out in the desert and hit five challenge points. He bailed before I made it to Swan Falls after riding about 250 miles on a dirt bike seat, can't say as I blame him.
It was a fun ride for sure. Unfortunately for me it'll be the last for a while... On the way home, the bike either swallowed a valve, or something broke. l all of the sudden lost compression, and was getting crazy piston slap.

Looks like its already time for a re-build. shit.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #7335
Handy
Sunburnt

That sucks, hopefully it turns out to be something simple.