ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #7381
Gunga Galunga
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Abbott View Post
Live and in color write-up with pictures in the next few days.
Wow, what you guys can do really makes me realize how good I'm not. Nice music in the video, it kept the pucker factor a little in check.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #7382
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
rockhopjohn: I finally figured out your tag line. Are you a geologist? I had to look up the meaning before I got it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orogeny
Old 08-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #7383
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
You 500 is looking good. What rack is that?
MasterMarine, it's this one. I don't know if you saw my Kriega gripes. Never could get their Overlander 30 to sit tight. I tried so many things, so many anchor points and positions. They always worked loose in the rough stuff. So now I cinch stuff straight to that rack. Works great.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #7384
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,108
WOW Jason! Excellent videography, Loved the ride from the comfort of my chair, I was even feeling Daxm's pain.

Daxm, I truly apologize for not making the ride but this injury has about taken most of my time for recovery. You need to keep the Panzer for long hauls and just go by a smaller used trail rider for such places

So, Jason you sure went from one extreme to the other 700 pounds to what.. 300? Setup nicely too, guess you have been studying from the Heath and RWC book of minimalist camping too

So, as I am finally getting to walk around and stand on my legs again I was thinking of doing a Magruder type ride but alas I just read it's getting closed down for maintenance; http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5158968.pdf

I am so ready for a ride on the big Orange Moya, needs to be a Mamby- Pamby ride through don't want to re-injury myself so soon. Any body got some suggestions? Hum, maybe just an overnighter to Baumgardner.

Just not quite ready for hopping on the DRZ yet, but I am thinking around first part of September to (fingers crossed) of getting some guys to ride East Mountain with me one more time as I am selling my place in Cascade.

I been real quite this summer laying around but I hope everyone has had an excellent summer of riding!

Thane congratulations on the acquisition of the Tiger I think you'll love but it's no 690 either.

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #7385
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell View Post
Are you serious?!

Where's the story?!

Where are the pictures?!
I don't think it was totalled but, while traveling to the Star Hope campout it did indeed fall off the trailer, I don't know if we have pics but clutch, master cylinder and handle bars were toast! Perhaps there was more damage than the obvious. It was pretty sad to see but, Thane just rolled with it hiked and fished (with a stick he fashioned into a pole using the hooks and a few feet of fishing line Gary up at when we rode through Mackay) while we rode for 2 days. I'm a little envious if he did pick up a Tiger, I have been drooling over that bike however Thane is a good guy and I'm thrilled for him!
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #7386
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Dang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
this injury has about taken most of my time for recovery.

So, as I am finally getting to walk around and stand on my legs again I was thinking of doing a Magruder type ride but alas I just read it's getting closed down for maintenance; http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5158968.pdf

I been real quite this summer laying around but I hope everyone has had an excellent summer of riding!
Is this your pony express ride injury? I thought you weren't expecting to ride much this summer because of family obligations, sorry to hear your injury was so serious.

Katy
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

Old 08-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #7387
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2rydktms View Post
Is this your pony express ride injury? I thought you weren't expecting to ride much this summer because of family obligations, sorry to hear your injury was so serious.

Katy
Well Hi'ya Katy not seen or heard from you two since the railroad ride. Hope all is well?

I didn't have much planned as my daughter is home; moved her and all her stuff back mid May. spending time with her as she leaves end of Aug.

My injury is VERY painful, but I am getting better...... finally. I tore muscle pretty good followed the Doc's order and sat on my butt for 3 weeks (that was difficult) Doctor didn't want me out riding dirt and standing on the pegs, well I was hobbling around when Shutterman was leaving to ride to Alaska so I figured pavement ride how bad can that be so I took off with Doug to go as far as Watson Lake. Nothing went well on that ride and I re injured myself just walking around Lake Louise...... GO FIGURE!

Like 5 minutes after this shot something went pop and I teared up good.

But it was beautiful up there

Here's Doug

Well after the tire debacle and my leg I called it quits at Jasper and meandered home. Got home and the Doc chastised me pretty good. it takes time....... man.

Canada is Expensive, no wonder we see so many down here

Aldous Huxley
Old 08-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #7388
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Wink Alrighty then, I got the scoop last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmma1969 View Post
I hadn't heard Thane's 690 was totaled. I knew he was having issues with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell View Post
Are you serious?!

Where's the story?!

Where are the pictures?!
Quote:
I don't think it was totalled but, while traveling to the Star Hope campout it did indeed fall off the trailer, I don't know if we have pics but clutch, master cylinder and handle bars were toast! Perhaps there was more damage than the obvious. It was pretty sad to see but, Thane just rolled with it hiked and fished (with a stick he fashioned into a pole using the hooks and a few feet of fishing line Gary up at when we rode through Mackay) while we rode for 2 days. I'm a little envious if he did pick up a Tiger, I have been drooling over that bike however Thane is a good guy and I'm thrilled for him!
Thane and Gary came by last night to visit with us. Thanes 690 was indeed totaled (who'd a thunk it we were both surprised). He did pick up a brand new black tiger recently. I don't believe we got any pics but if we did I will add them to this post. I believe the damage was pretty much as I described it, but KTM parts are not cheap. . Gary has a new mid sized dual sport as well, and it is orange, it is very purdy. Any guesses what his new MC is?
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

Old 08-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #7389
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Quote:
Thane and Gary came by last night to visit with us. Thanes 690 was indeed totaled (who'd a thunk it we were both surprised). He did pick up a brand new black tiger recently. I don't believe we got any pics but if we did I will add them to this post. I believe the damage was pretty much as I described it, but KTM parts are not cheap. . Gary has a new mid sized dual sport as well, and it is orange, it is very purdy. Any guesses what his new MC is?
Yea for Thane I am sure him and the black tiger will soon bond

So Gary.... let me try and guess... OK, it's Orange, got that.... mid sized... OK! I haven't got a clue.

Aldous Huxley
Old 08-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #7390
rockhopjohn
I LOVE Orogenies

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxm View Post
rockhopjohn: I finally figured out your tag line. Are you a geologist? I had to look up the meaning before I got it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orogeny
I am indeed. I've offended more than one person who mistook my love for Orogenies for something else at first glance.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #7391
rockhopjohn
I LOVE Orogenies

Quote:
Any guesses what his new MC is?
I cheated and saw it on Facebook. It is pretty indeed. I won't give it away yet, for the inquiring minds may still want to guess.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #7392
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopjohn View Post
I won't give it away yet, for the inquiring minds may still want to guess.
I had an orange 1978 Yamaha DT 250. Kind of mid-sized. That it?
Old 08-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #7393
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Nope

Quote:
I had an orange 1978 Yamaha DT 250. Kind of mid-sized. That it?
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

Old 08-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #7394
rockhopjohn
I LOVE Orogenies

And the winner is. . . a 2012+ Wee-Strom in burnt orange pimped out with HT goodies.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #7395
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Quote:
write-up with pictures in the next few days.
Here it is. Heading out tomorrow for five days in the Clearwater forest so it was now or never.