ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2014, 07:10 AM   #7786
coolsen
Enjoying the Ride

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt ed
To those of you who know Heath. He gave us some REALLY GREAT news at Christmas. Twins will be delivered in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650x View Post
We just found out (a few ours ago) that we are going be grand parents again. It will be grand child #6.

Congratulations to all of you. The only things more fun than your own children are your grand children !

coolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #7787
Adso
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Iamc

I've lived vicariously though IAMC for a few years now while riding my 250 close to home. I finally felt comfortable enough to trade up to a 650 and made the purchase last week. I was really looking forward to a 2014 challenge!

I'll admit, with work and my 2 year old there is no way I'd be able to make 50 sites in a season, but I could pick off the ones that I felt were within my ability and time frame. It would be my hope that the 2010-2013 (and beyond?) challenge sites could be preserved on the IAMC site for others to enjoy for years to come. I know that for me they have been an invaluable inspiration for me to get involved in the sport.

I would love to see the club in full swing but having ran clubs before I understand how time consuming and tiring they can become.

For what it's worth coming from a newb that has never ridden with any of you or made it to a challenge site: Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences on IAMC and on ADVRIDER.

Thanks again. -Adso-
Adso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #7788
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adso View Post
I've lived vicariously though IAMC for a few years now while riding my 250 close to home. I finally felt comfortable enough to trade up to a 650 and made the purchase last week. I was really looking forward to a 2014 challenge!

I'll admit, with work and my 2 year old there is no way I'd be able to make 50 sites in a season, but I could pick off the ones that I felt were within my ability and time frame. It would be my hope that the 2010-2013 (and beyond?) challenge sites could be preserved on the IAMC site for others to enjoy for years to come. I know that for me they have been an invaluable inspiration for me to get involved in the sport.

I would love to see the club in full swing but having ran clubs before I understand how time consuming and tiring they can become.

For what it's worth coming from a newb that has never ridden with any of you or made it to a challenge site: Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences on IAMC and on ADVRIDER.

Thanks again. -Adso-
Ditto for me too! I have a 2 year old, work full time, and seem to only get out and see our beautiful state when someone gives me a list of places to go. So, I'm all for creating a 2014 Challenge (whether the club does it or not). Let's discuss on the 25th.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #7789
silverspurs
what's over there?

Oddometer: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxm View Post
Ditto for me too! I have a 2 year old, work full time, and seem to only get out and see our beautiful state when someone gives me a list of places to go. So, I'm all for creating a 2014 Challenge (whether the club does it or not). Let's discuss on the 25th.
I'm hoping that the club will survive... I hope Ed will continue handling the fees and treasury and that the club can continue to operate out of Happy Trails.

One way that we as club members might help, is that we can offer the Leadership some relief by forming committees to take much of the work off their backs...

Since I can't be there on Jan 25th, I'm going to go ahead and post some of the committees I'd recommend if I could attend... IE:

1) a committee for rides/events/feeds/meetups... (the social events)

2) a committee to manage the Challenge: come up with the sites, develop the map/list, get the shirts/bandanas, get the award stickers, help with the awards banquet... etc. (hopefully; Ed could still collect the club dues and Challenge fees and manage that at Happy Trails)...

3) a committee for club/community education, skills development and the newsletter

4) other committees as you see fit.

Wish I could be there on the 25th... good luck!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #7790
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
I'm hoping that the club will survive... I hope Ed will continue handling the fees and treasury and that the club can continue to operate out of Happy Trails.

One way that we as club members might help, is that we can offer the Leadership some relief by forming committees to take much of the work off their backs...

Since I can't be there on Jan 25th, I'm going to go ahead and post some of the committees I'd recommend if I could attend... IE:

1) a committee for rides/events/feeds/meetups... (the social events)

2) a committee to manage the Challenge: come up with the sites, develop the map/list, get the shirts/bandanas, get the award stickers, help with the awards banquet... etc. (hopefully; Ed could still collect the club dues and Challenge fees and manage that at Happy Trails)...

3) a committee for club/community education, skills development and the newsletter

4) other committees as you see fit.

Wish I could be there on the 25th... good luck!
You know how this goes... since you won't be there you'll get latrine duty. LOL
Old 01-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #7791
silverspurs
what's over there?

Oddometer: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxm View Post
You know how this goes... since you won't be there you'll get latrine duty. LOL
Hey; I'm counting on you to make sure that doesn't happen!!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #7792
Special Ed_65
A.K.A. Special Ed

Oddometer: 169
I will be there the 25th

But i will be a little late, I will be leaving Micron @ 6:30.....Ed

http://www.motoidaho.com/
Special Ed_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #7793
shutterman
some call me bop

Oddometer: 48
I will be there on the 25th

Looking forward to seeing y'all there!
We travel between the eternities
Robert Duvall - Broken Trail
shutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:30 AM   #7794
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 524
Just a quick reminder that the IAMC meeting is today at the Idaho Pizza in Meridian at 6:30. I would urge anyone who would like to help keep this tremendous local resource afloat to attend.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #7795
WhichWayNow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolHardy View Post
Just a quick reminder that the IAMC meeting is today at the Idaho Pizza in Meridian at 6:30. I would urge anyone who would like to help keep this tremendous local resource afloat to attend.
It is not in Meridian.

It's the Idaho Pizza Company, 7100 W Fairview Boise. It's a bit east of Cole Road.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #7796
tvbh40a
PSUViking

Oddometer: 1,388
meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt ed View Post
OK I am here, I am glad there are a few people here talking and asking about the club. This has been the most activity I have seen in some time. I am not going to play the play the blame game and point fingers or make excuses as to what has happened to the club. Much like the members I do not have the extra time to devote to it and have gotten tired of trying to drag it along. My family have other things in there lives at this point and also do not have time to devote now. I REALLY appreciate the kind words I have seen posted here. If you would like to meet as Sam posted on the 25th to discuss what is is the next step I would be happy to do so. I am going to shut down the renew your dues or join options till then. I would suggest Idaho Pizza Company on Fairview. the address is 7100 west fairview, that's east of Cole rd. Its where the clubs first meeting was held. I have meet a great many people that I can now count as friends and enjoy riding with. If you want to show up AT Idaho Pizza company at 630 pm we can talk. Again thanks to my very good friends here.
Ed
I will be there.
tvbh40a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #7797
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 524
Thanks for pointing that out !!

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #7798
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

Oddometer: 543
Hey, any of you locals use carls cycle for their suspension work? I've only heard(because I only asked one) one review about their suspension but would always like a little more input. I would rather use a local than ship my cash away. Any input is welcome.

Thanks
effensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:11 PM   #7799
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhichWayNow View Post
It is not in Meridian.

It's the Idaho Pizza Company, 7100 W Fairview Boise. It's a bit east of Cole Road.
Okay, we went to the Meridian one (from SE Boise!) and made it through a huge line. Now my little daughter is eating so I doubt we'll make it over to the other location.

Jason Abbott screwed with this post 01-25-2014 at 06:21 PM
Jason Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #7800
obrianmcc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by effensteve View Post
Hey, any of you locals use carls cycle for their suspension work? I've only heard(because I only asked one) one review about their suspension but would always like a little more input. I would rather use a local than ship my cash away. Any input is welcome.

Thanks
I had Carls quote suspension service once .... Once I regained consciousness I hit the door running.

All my suspension goes to Joe Harrison in Nampa .... (249-0311)

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote