ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 01:50 PM   #7951
TheAdmiral
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolHardy View Post
Short notice I know, but anyone wanna go for a Tuesday afterwork ride ?

Drats. Week or so notice I think I could'a made it. Wondering if snow will be involved!

Have fun on the ride Ron.

Admiral's Voyages http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788178
TheAdmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #7952
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 548
And that is a racing event, with an entry fee, not a just typical ride with your buddies. There *may* be a few of us old farts on KLR's who *may* be interested in that, but that sounds more like a dirtbike kind of event. What exactly do they mean by "big bikes" anyway? I would be interested in beating up my KLR some more, either racing or just riding hard with some friends :) It does sound intriguing to me, but I have never raced,I know little about the rules and the whole process, and I am a little intimidated to just show up there on my (t)rusty old KLR. Trailrider has been good about posting up invites to his rides and campouts, but unfortunately I work Fridays and Saturdays or I would let him take me out in the desert to ride amongst the remains all of the old level 4 and 5 guys who rode with him and were never seen again.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #7953
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Sorry for the short notice, I didn't think I was going to be able to do it at all until yesterday :( I will try to post up earlier for next week or the week after, maybe I can bring the TW and do some single track:)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot
Old 04-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #7954
jonnyc21
Trials ninja

Oddometer: 873
If you bring the TW for one maybe I can convince the wife to let me barrow her CRF230L for it.

If not I have done some single track with the G650X, but it isn't my first choice...

Heck if your after tight single track and could get away with a trail bike I can always bring my Montesa...
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #7955
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,024
Mike, I won't be able to make this ride but I'm planning on riding with you guys more this year. I like the after work rides.

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #7956
effensteve
Enjoying the ride

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383 View Post
Hey I posted up a Sunday ride and all I hear is crickets......

I guess that's a no.
Hmm, a sidra race at a motocross track where they consider a big bike a 450. I'm waaaaay too fat to run the nine fiddy around that course. However, I was thinking I may show up and take a picture or two.
effensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #7957
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,164
Quote:
And that is a racing event, with an entry fee, not a just typical ride with your buddies. There *may* be a few of us old farts on KLR's who *may* be interested in that, but that sounds more like a dirtbike kind of event. What exactly do they mean by "big bikes" anyway? I would be interested in beating up my KLR some more, either racing or just riding hard with some friends :) It does sound intriguing to me, but I have never raced,I know little about the rules and the whole process, and I am a little intimidated to just show up there on my (t)rusty old KLR. Trailrider has been good about posting up invites to his rides and campouts, but unfortunately I work Fridays and Saturdays or I would let him take me out in the desert to ride amongst the remains all of the old level 4 and 5 guys who rode with him and were never seen again.
Big Bikes are anything bigger than the minis. And I don't think most people would be interested in racing a desert race on a KLR........... unless they have masochistic tendencies.

Clay Peak is dry, soft, mostly sandy dirt with lots of deep whoops.

I keep posting up rides, but rarely get any takers.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:39 PM   #7958
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by effensteve View Post
Hmm, a sidra race at a motocross track where they consider a big bike a 450. I'm waaaaay too fat to run the nine fiddy around that course. However, I was thinking I may show up and take a picture or two.
I was hoping you would show up and shove sticks in the spokes of my competitors to help me out.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #7959
Ron in Boise
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Thanks

Quote:
Sorry for the short notice, I didn't think I was going to be able to do it at all until yesterday :( I will try to post up earlier for next week or the week after, maybe I can bring the TW and do some single track:)
Thanks for the good adventure, Mike and Tom.

Ron in Boise
Ron in Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:24 PM   #7960
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Thanks for showing up Ron and Tom, I had a good time! Good thing Tom showed up, as Ron almost had me talked into single tracking the KLR :)

Old 04-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #7961
tominboise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 686
Glad I was able to help.

Good ride and no deer on the way home....

Thanks again, see you next week

1995 DR350SE - mini adventure bike,,,,
1982 R65/80 G/S - bigger adventure bike,,,,
tominboise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:07 PM   #7962
jonnyc21
Trials ninja

Oddometer: 873
Quote:
Thanks for showing up Ron and Tom, I had a good time! Good thing Tom showed up, as Ron almost had me talked into single tracking the KLR :)
I think I could be talked into some lower level single track on my X Challenge as long as the person that talks me into it is willing to help me pick its 350lbs out if gets into a ditch or otherwise...

Glad you had a good time, wish I had been able to make it. At least I have more riding days head to look forward to.
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:04 AM   #7963
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,024
Quote:
How wet was it?

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:55 AM   #7964
Ron in Boise
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Deer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominboise View Post
Glad I was able to help.

Good ride and no deer on the way home....

Thanks again, see you next week
I met 4 deer at the tree farm by Luck Peak at dusk going home. We parted company in agreement that a close encounter was all that was needed.

Ron in Boise
Ron in Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #7965
FoolHardy
Still Inky

8th street is gated and locked, so we ended up going out Rocky Canyon, followed it to Robie Creek/ Clear Creek, and took Grimes creek to Hwy 21, and slabbed it home. There were a couple of slightly muddy spots, one that looked sloppy but it wasn't that bad. I saw a turkey on Clear Creek, and two deer before we left Boise :)