ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2014, 06:50 AM   #8086
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
For your viewing and educational pleasure

Just found this last night. I watched the whole thing right then and there. Now I'm motivated to go out and practice the 3 manuevers they show! (I oh so wanted to take their class when they were in Boise but, alas, I was called away for work.) Damn work getting in the way of my riding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re2A...ist=WL&index=3
Old 05-09-2014, 06:55 AM   #8087
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Danskin Mountains

As you all know, I'm not a veteran off-roader (yet). That said, I just found the Danskin mountain trails and they are awesome! However, on my second time going there I noticed some signs saying that motor vehicles aren't allowed on the trails for maintenance reasons. The sign didn't give a time period on when they will be back open (if ever). I did a Google search and found the following site but it doesn't say that they are even closed. http://www.stayontrails.com/where-to...ational+Forest

Can someone inform me on how I can figure this one out? Is this a forest service question?
Old 05-09-2014, 07:14 AM   #8088
obrianmcc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxm View Post
As you all know, I'm not a veteran off-roader (yet). That said, I just found the Danskin mountain trails and they are awesome! However, on my second time going there I noticed some signs saying that motor vehicles aren't allowed on the trails for maintenance reasons. The sign didn't give a time period on when they will be back open (if ever). I did a Google search and found the following site but it doesn't say that they are even closed. http://www.stayontrails.com/where-to...ational+Forest

Can someone inform me on how I can figure this one out? Is this a forest service question?

Due to last seasons fires ... the Danskins will be closed for up to 1-3 yrs pending impact studies and rebuilding infrastructure (Bridges etc, etc)

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #8089
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post
Due to last seasons fires ... the Danskins will be closed for up to 1-3 yrs pending impact studies and rebuilding infrastructure (Bridges etc, etc)
The humanity!!! Go figure, just as I find some cool new place to ride (that is close to home I should add) I'm not going to be able to use it for several years.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #8090
DeadOhioSky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post

Yeah it sucks about the Danskins................One of the best places to ride for sure.
DeadOhioSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #8091
silverspurs
what's over there?

Oddometer: 742
Quote:
The humanity!!! Go figure, just as I find some cool new place to ride (that is close to home I should add) I'm not going to be able to use it for several years.
All is not lost Dax... go collect the Indian Hot Springs Challenge site... it's not that far and I promise it will be memorable...
Old 05-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #8092
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Too bad about the Danskin. That's where I found that panniers and single track don't really mix. I was working west of the Danskins last summer, that smoke was so thick visibility was down to 100 yards.
cavscout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #8093
ryanwilliamcantrell OP
Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer: 3,859
Got out a bit this weekend with Cole and Dad. Bike ran like crap, but we had a great time!

ryanwilliamcantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:53 AM   #8094
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
All is not lost Dax... go collect the Indian Hot Springs Challenge site... it's not that far and I promise it will be memorable...
I saw the pics on motoidaho.com. Looks like Boulder Basin (without the water) to me.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #8095
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwilliamcantrell View Post
Got out a bit this weekend with Cole and Dad. Bike ran like crap, but we had a great time!

Old 05-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #8096
silverspurs
what's over there?

Quote:
I saw the pics on motoidaho.com. Looks like Boulder Basin (without the water) to me.
much easier than Boulder Basin... no stretches of bottomless baby head boulders... traction is much better!!

silverspurs screwed with this post 05-12-2014 at 12:21 PM
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #8097
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 524
Wednesday afterwork ride: Let's meet at the parking lot of the Boise Little Theater/ baseball fields at Fort Boise Park at the corner of Fort st and Reserve @6:00. We'll go out Reserve st-Shaw Mountain rd through Rocky Canyon to Robie Creek. There are a few side roads I would like to check out in that area, I have been through on that road but never really poked around. Depending on time, we can follow Robie Creek to Clear creek, then slab it back on hwy 21, or just hit the hwy at Robie. Does anyone know when the gate on 8th street will be open?

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot

FoolHardy screwed with this post 05-12-2014 at 10:54 AM
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:26 AM   #8098
daxm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolHardy View Post
Wednesday afterwork ride: Let's meet at the parking lot of the Boise Little Theater/ baseball fields at Fort Boise Park at the corner of Fort st and Reserve. We'll go out Reserve st-Shaw Mountain rd through Rocky Canyon to Robie Creek. There are a few side roads I would like to check out in that area, I have been through on that road but never really poked around. Depending on time, we can follow Robie Creek to Clear creek, then slab it back on hwy 21, or just hit the hwy at Robie. Does anyone know when the gate on 8th street will be open?
Sounds like a good chance for me to get my "snow picture" for the challenge. BTW, are you posting these rides on motoidaho.com too by chance? (hint, hint)
Old 05-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #8099
rockhopjohn
I LOVE Orogenies

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolHardy View Post
Wednesday afterwork ride: Let's meet at the parking lot of the Boise Little Theater/ baseball fields at Fort Boise Park at the corner of Fort st and Reserve. We'll go out Reserve st-Shaw Mountain rd through Rocky Canyon to Robie Creek. There are a few side roads I would like to check out in that area, I have been through on that road but never really poked around. Depending on time, we can follow Robie Creek to Clear creek, then slab it back on hwy 21, or just hit the hwy at Robie. Does anyone know when the gate on 8th street will be open?
If I remember the gate shows it being locked til 5/15, but I don't know if that means its open on 5/15 or 5/16. Anyway, I went up Shaw Mtn road to Adelpe Summit and then up the Ridge Road I got stopped about 2-3 miles short of Bogus by snow across the road, so I imagine that will be impassable for another week or two.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #8100
FoolHardy
Still Inky

Oddometer: 524
Quote:
Sounds like a good chance for me to get my "snow picture" for the challenge. BTW, are you posting these rides on motoidaho.com too by chance? (hint, hint)
Yep Dax, I know where some snow is hiding :) And I have been posting invites in the forum section in thread "Weekday after work ride". Perhaps I should post it as an "Event" so it would be more visible.
And thanks for the info John :)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go" - T.S. Elliot

FoolHardy screwed with this post 05-12-2014 at 10:49 AM
FoolHardy is offline   Reply With Quote