ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2014, 06:13 AM   #8371
Metalcarver
Geezer Berserker
 
Metalcarver's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho
Oddometer: 328
Centennial Mts anyone?

There's a really nice campground (Stoddard Creek C.G.) about a mile off I-15 just south of the Idaho Montana border. Would be a great place for a gathering. Hundreds of gnarly trails for the foolhardy. Lots of good gravel roads for the quarter ton class. And paved access from I-15 for cruisers. Within striking distance of the Gravelly Mts, Medicine Lodge road, Red rock road to Yellowstone, Big Hole country, Lemhi Mts. and it's in the middle of the Centennial Mts. Twenty some odd single camp spaces but it has a group campsite that can hold up to 50 people with lots of places for tents. Only the group campsite can be reserved but as of today the weekends for August 8 to 11 and Aug 29 to Sep 1 are available for reservation. If enough people are interested I'll go ahead and reserve it. Please PM me with preferred date.
__________________
"The road goes on forever and the party never ends"

The Meandering Geezer in Idaho Escape from Idaho metalcarver.com Panoramio
Metalcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:15 AM   #8372
Rustytrigger
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Oddometer: 31
Hi, did you consider going on to Sleeping Deer Mountain Lookout? Did you see how that road was going in that direction?
Rustytrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #8373
Tiggleswerth
Jansport
 
Tiggleswerth's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Just across the river from Marsing, Idaho
Oddometer: 234
For those that do not know, there is a push to create a national monument in the Boulder White clouds area in central Idaho. I want to appeal to anyone here who values our current access to this land to sign this petition against the formation of a national monument in this area.

http://www.yourboulderwhiteclouds.org/

Railroad ridge and China wall are common destinations for us ADVers in the Boulder White clouds. Our ability to responsibly access this area may be in jeopardy. I am not affiliated with this organization, just a concerned Idahoan.

Thanks,

Janssen
__________________


Slow down for the pavement, speed up for the dirt...
Tiggleswerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #8374
GGAlex
Adventurer
 
GGAlex's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Boise ID, USA
Oddometer: 38
Bwc nm no!

Thank you for reminding us this is going on, glad someone is using good advocacy tools to coalesce the no-monument message.
This is appropriately-timed since the ITMA State Ride is being held in or near the area that would be affected by designation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggleswerth View Post
For those that do not know, there is a push to create a national monument in the Boulder White clouds area in central Idaho. I want to appeal to anyone here who values our current access to this land to sign this petition against the formation of a national monument in this area.

http://www.yourboulderwhiteclouds.org/

Railroad ridge and China wall are common destinations for us ADVers in the Boulder White clouds. Our ability to responsibly access this area may be in jeopardy. I am not affiliated with this organization, just a concerned Idahoan.

Thanks,

Janssen
__________________
- - - - - - - - - - -
Alex
Boise, ID
USA
Living the dream.
GGAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #8375
GGAlex
Adventurer
 
GGAlex's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Boise ID, USA
Oddometer: 38
IDPR OHV Training Range -- to be reopened

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerBOI View Post
Application was approved unanimously by the P&Z Commission.

GGAlex did a fantastic job of rallying the neighbors. It did make a difference.
Thank you my friend, that's kind if you to say. But it took many hands, yours included, some of whom were well positioned to be able to provide good information on what was really going on. Oh, and for the former FS employee instigator of the closure who attempted to prevent reopening of the training range, he made himself out as a NIMBY ranter compared to the neighbors in our subdivision who came and spoke in favor of the range getting its permit (none of whom are riders by the way, they just were willing to call-BS where they saw it). So that helped a lot.

At present, IDPR has to do a couple more things to complete the improvements it pledged to make to meet neighbors' concerns over dust and aesthetics, and upon subsequent inspection by P&Z IDPR should be able to resume OHV training at the range in the near future.

It's a small victory for Idaho OHV advocacy, but it shows how we can be on the right side with the facts bearing in the favor of the benefits of training over ignorance and misinformation.

A.
__________________
- - - - - - - - - - -
Alex
Boise, ID
USA
Living the dream.
GGAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #8376
obrianmcc
Studly Adventurer
 
obrianmcc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 516
Weekend ride up into the Ross Fork Basin area .... installment #1

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....8&postcount=35
__________________
2006 DRZ 400 E / Plated - 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:19 PM   #8377
badmemory
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Boise
Oddometer: 31
Short notice but speaking of white clouds, it's been a couple years since my last multi-day ride. The day to day tedium is pushing me out the door this weekend.

Current plans are copper basin friday night, some convenient hot spring around Challis/salmon river saturday night, then home by sunday afternoon. Hope to ride upper pahsimeroi and/or Chinese wall in between, but no solid route in place.

This will be a flower-smeller for the most part. The objective for me is soul rejuvenation at a moderate pace. Plan to leave late Friday morning so if anyone is interested in riding along, I'd be happy to have you, and my wife would be appreciative. I'd also be willing to accommodate alternate schedules if there is enough interest. Let me know!
badmemory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #8378
BDizzle8732
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2014
Location: Boise, ID
Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmemory View Post
Short notice but speaking of white clouds, it's been a couple years since my last multi-day ride. The day to day tedium is pushing me out the door this weekend.

Current plans are copper basin friday night, some convenient hot spring around Challis/salmon river saturday night, then home by sunday afternoon. Hope to ride upper pahsimeroi and/or Chinese wall in between, but no solid route in place.

This will be a flower-smeller for the most part. The objective for me is soul rejuvenation at a moderate pace. Plan to leave late Friday morning so if anyone is interested in riding along, I'd be happy to have you, and my wife would be appreciative. I'd also be willing to accommodate alternate schedules if there is enough interest. Let me know!
Hey BadMemory,
I have some bad news.

I am in.

:)

Brandon
BDizzle8732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #8379
badmemory
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Boise
Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDizzle8732 View Post
Hey BadMemory,
I have some bad news.

I am in.

:)

Brandon
For now I'll consider it good news Message in your inbox
badmemory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:51 AM   #8380
obrianmcc
Studly Adventurer
 
obrianmcc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post
Weekend ride up into the Ross Fork Basin area .... installment #1

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....8&postcount=35
Installment #2 posted ....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=39
__________________
2006 DRZ 400 E / Plated - 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #8381
bikerlibre
Adventurer
 
bikerlibre's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Boise
Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post
It looks like you guys had a nice trip. Good scenery, especially nice to see those alpine lakes. I see you had a few gnarly sections to deal with too. Was that single-track switchback or hiking trail ?
bikerlibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #8382
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider
 
Jason Abbott's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA
Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerlibre View Post
Was that single-track switchback or hiking trail?
We started to wonder the same Michael double-checked his map midway. Doesn't appear to get many riders.
__________________
Photo ride reports: http://trailimage.com/ _
Jason Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #8383
Jason Abbott
Long time Idaho rider
 
Jason Abbott's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA
Oddometer: 658
That Goat Lake ride

obrianmcc went and did a fool thing — rode again before he finished his last ride report.

I had a weekend of leisure and got this together:
http://www.trailimage.com/switchbacks-to-goat-lake
__________________
Photo ride reports: http://trailimage.com/ _
Jason Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #8384
tvbh40a
PSUViking
 
tvbh40a's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Idaho home of the fiesta bowl champ BSU bronco's
Oddometer: 1,404
Nice ride

Good pics as usual Jason. I really like checking your camera settings, learn more than I do in class.
__________________
"Do today what other's won't, so you can do tomorrow what other's can't." Jody Sears-West Point
“It is not enough to want to make the effort. It’s in the doing, not just the thinking, that we accomplish our goals."
Just tell her my wife said it's OK-Handy
tvbh40a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:21 PM   #8385
obrianmcc
Studly Adventurer
 
obrianmcc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Abbott View Post
obrianmcc went and did a fool thing — rode again before he finished his last ride report.
Yeah, I need to get those priorities straightened out!
__________________
2006 DRZ 400 E / Plated - 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014