ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2007, 02:54 PM   #16
focallength
You're Welcome

Oddometer: 4,734
does it have to be a dealership? If not I can reccomend one of the best mechanics in So.Cal

Hes near colton ( I know its a ways away from you ) he does excellent work and has reasonable prices

Canyon racers 909-825-7064 ask for mike.

Other than that, I wouldnt trust a dealership to replace the batteries in a stomper.
focallength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:21 PM   #17
nfranco
over macho grande?

Oddometer: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion
Speaking of SoCal dealerships, WTF is the deal with West Valley Cycles?
Is it just me that woman hates, or is it ALL customers?
the bimmer place on saticoy? Yea they've been rude as long as I can remember, my buddy and I first went in there in high school 86-87 and were made to feel very unwelcome every time, granted we were kids but still.
Needless to say my friend has bought all three of his BMWs from another dealer and made a point to call and tell WVC each time. Juvenile I know.

nfranco screwed with this post 10-28-2007 at 10:27 PM
nfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #18
nfranco
over macho grande?

Oddometer: 769
Z Racing
nfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #19
BAGSTR
BAGSTR

Oddometer: 559
KTM Dealer

Have you tried Malcom Smith in Riverside? They have two mechanics that ride LC8s. I've known owners from here in San Diego that travelled up to Riverside for service. I have no personal experience.
BAGSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:03 AM   #20
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,631
I've used the following independent shop for some work on dirt bikes (hondas) and noticed they work on at least dirt KTM's, maybe road KTM's also?

ESP Exceptional Suspension
3512 Foothill Blvd
La Crescenta, CA 91214
(818) 249-6744

They did well by me on the dirt bikes. Drop em off on Mon (or is it Tues?) & pick up on Fri before a weekend trip.

They are busy but look professional.

Regarding West Valley Cycles, yes they are wierd, however, they have decided to live within their current income, can't service more bikes than they currently do, and really don't want to take on new costomers, who in turn will expect to get their bikes serviced.

They are like a Jewish Rabbi when you ask to convert to Judism, you have to ask 3 times before they help you as they want to make sure of your commitment. (at least I think thats how it works, not being Jewish).

I bought my R1200GSA from them, but called for the 6K service too close (12 days) to a trip I was taking, they said they could not work me in, Ventura BMW did it (with extra work to boot (tires & some other stuff)) a about 5 days later, and gave me a fun R1200ST as a loaner to boot.

Maybe WVC doesn't like me anymore?

'07 White (the coolest color) GSA rider
'13 Husky Strada & '14 KTM 690 Enduro
SocalRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:05 AM   #21
Zen Slug OP
Spineless Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalRob
I've used the following independent shop for some work on dirt bikes (hondas) and noticed they work on at least dirt KTM's, maybe road KTM's also?
yep... i love george and e.s.p.

my ktm 450exc is in there right now for a valve adjust, etc. george said he can do some work on the lc8 bikes (including valve adjustments) but i need an official dealership for the next 950 service so i can get a couple of recall items taken care of.

Zen Slug's Rides

Join the ADV TooL PooL!
Zen Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:20 PM   #22
gearheart
Bombrun Lackey

Oddometer: 378
Hi Zen,
Just got back in town and saw this. I, too continue to vote with my wallet for Z Racing (at least until Scuderia South opens up) It would be nice to have a dealer specialize in the LC-8 instead of the blank look one usually receives... Three Brothers Racing- Costa Mesa seems like they might be a good guess but no experience service-wise with them.

Let us know how it goes.

Mike
gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:14 PM   #23
ZenMoto
Bikeslut

Oddometer: 679
On that note, I'm vehemently agains Z Racing. I got screwed royally there once (actually 2 trips required, the second to fix the oil leak they caused) and my buddy's bike got so screwed, after several trips, that he sold it and bought a Triumph.

Worst service I've ever seen, period. Worse even than Del Amo, which simply didn't do the service they charged $600 for, at least they didn't screw the bike up! ...nothing like paying $600 and having to spend 2 weeks tearing down, and reassembling your bike to get it running right again!!!

Take it up North to Scuderia and let it get done right.

Save $5 on a photo hosting accout at
https://www.smugmug.com/signup.mg by inserting cupon code R1bXVzHCYtHts
ZenMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:54 PM   #24
Zen Slug OP
Spineless Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheart
(at least until Scuderia South opens up)

is there a rumor about this?

Zen Slug's Rides

Join the ADV TooL PooL!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:11 PM   #25
posole vato
Vato Loco

Oddometer: 641
Talking scuderia south

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Slug
is there a rumor about this?
check out there site sen:

http://www.scuderiasouthflorida.com/index_ssf.html

09 KLR 650
05 Honda CRF 450X
posole vato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:33 PM   #26
Zen Slug OP
Spineless Adventurer

boca raton is a bit far for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by posole vato

Zen Slug's Rides

Join the ADV TooL PooL!
Old 07-13-2014, 10:54 PM   #27
wilmar13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 604
Bump for more current options... Or reiteration of 7year old advise for 1190adventure service and warranty work.

Just got to LA after a mostly paved tour through rockies, and LA is my new home. My 1190R has a bad oil leak on top of rear cylinder and it appears to be from CCV leaking back through airbox. I have not torn into it yet, but as it is also now harder to start, I fear it has inhaled some dust and is blowing oil into airbox thru blowby because of engine wear.

Hopefully I will find a better simple explanation when I get a chance to tear into it, but if I find a dirty airbox* I need to take it in for leakdown test. Even if not I need to know who the go to dealer is around these parts for future.

*- I will kick myself if it inhaled dirt as I sealed the airbox seam with gorilla tape and made sure stock filter fit well before I set out on trip as this is known weakness. I did not ride in much dust but was exposed to some on dirt roads from opposing traffic, nothing heavy or abnormal for even a street bike. Fingers crossed it is nothing.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:02 AM   #28
The Wolf
Among The Living

Oddometer: 306
whats up wilmar

i honestly have a hard time endorsing any of the ktm dealers around here as ive had bad experiences with most of them..

but if i had to take my bikes to a dealer, id probably give 3bros in newport a call/chance. if it was non warranty work, i only go to metrikmoto in culver city. sasan at metrik does ktm school yearly, or whenever they have it. theyve proven to be excellent mechanics and very trustworthy.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:26 AM   #29
PlatedDirtBike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
I'd also like to see some current replies to this. I haven't found a So Cal motorcycle dealer of any affiliation or brand, that just blows my socks off.
And since I live in the San Gabriel triangle where there isn't a real KTM dealer for 20 miles. A few pointers would be good.
God, guns and guts. KTM 500 EXC, BMW F 650 GS (800), YAMMY 225 XT & TTR 125. Proverbs 25:24 Shut up and Ride!
PlatedDirtBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:03 AM   #30
Random-Water
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
I can't recommend any, but I can say to stay the H E double hockey sticks away from Del Amo Motorsports (Redondo Beach, Long Beach, Costa Mesa) locations. I was there to give a buddy a ride who bought a bike from them (and the super extended warranty).

The Service manager called a customer while we were there and he blamed a leaky brake master cylinder on the way the STOCK lever was adjusted. He told the customer over the phone that he owed them $175 for the diagnostic work (to tell that the MC was leaking???) and that it would be $475 for the part and another $175 labor to install, plus brake fluid and a few other ancillaries, and that the final bill would be around $900!!!!!!!

So my buddies bike is in for a fried R/R. Service Desk jerk starts to give him the 9th degree about what he's done/modified on the bike. HID's? Chain? Sprockets?, etc.. He keeps telling them "nothing, it's like the day I bought it from you". 20 questions later, the service guy starts to say that the R/R won't be covered by the warranty, because there's a power commander installed (Buddy answered "yes" to that 1 of the 20 questions). Buddy proceeds to tell Service Jerk that it was installed when he bought the bike, that they should have the bike/modifications in their system since they serviced it and then sold it to him, and how can he already tell it won't be covered by warranty when he hasn't even looked at the bike to know what color it is.

Now you see why I wouldn't recommend them...
Random-Water is offline   Reply With Quote