ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #991
R-W
Gnarly Adventurer
 
R-W's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Oddometer: 269
Sawdust... add sawdust. No worries!

Good looking Beemer!


Quote:
Originally Posted by robinvanderzijde View Post
just did a full service on her, quite some metal in the trans oil, but we'll see how she holds up



R-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:01 AM   #992
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,478
Ever wonder how the inside of the GS tank look like?

The tank is undergoing expansion process.




__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #993
R-W
Gnarly Adventurer
 
R-W's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Oddometer: 269
Cool pics AJ!
R-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #994
toecutta
06 R1200GS Adventure
 
toecutta's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney East Au
Oddometer: 117
Rommel - 1996 R1100GS - 188,000km

Just got back from 6,800kms in 14 days.. way too far in too short a time, but the old girl didnt miss a beat... well, other than the sidestand (was a 1st class PIA that bit). $650ish in fuel and about 100ml of oil. Not bad for a 188,000kms

The Trip


The Bike


The Sights...


toecutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #995
Racegun
Single Track Mind!
 
Racegun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: 40ft above sea level
Oddometer: 2,547
WAY COOL! Are you a foot doctor?
__________________
Cheers!
Dave
Racegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #996
LoneStar
WhoopDeDoofus
 
LoneStar's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Texas Hill Country, Zip Code EIEIO
Oddometer: 1,216
Very nice Toecutta! Looks like a great trip - post a link if you put more pix online
LoneStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #997
kobukan
almost gnarly
 
kobukan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Saco ME
Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by toecutta View Post
Just got back from 6,800kms in 14 days.. way too far in too short a time, but the old girl didnt miss a beat... well, other than the sidestand (was a 1st class PIA that bit). $650ish in fuel and about 100ml of oil. Not bad for a 188,000kms

Nice trip. What kind of side bags are those and what rack do you have them mounted on?
__________________
'04 R1150GS, '97 R1100GS, '99 DR350, '02 DR650, '03 DR650
A Few Days Solo to Copper Canyon
A Maine Rider’s Arizona Day Trips
A Few Days Solo in Baja
kobukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #998
Racegun
Single Track Mind!
 
Racegun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: 40ft above sea level
Oddometer: 2,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ.. View Post
Ever wonder how the inside of the GS tank look like?
what is the story of that bike?... is it damaged from fire?.....did some one use a cutting torch on it? etc
__________________
Cheers!
Dave
Racegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #999
toecutta
06 R1200GS Adventure
 
toecutta's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney East Au
Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobukan View Post
Nice trip. What kind of side bags are those and what rack do you have them mounted on?
Hey Kobukan, The bags are handmade from a company here in Au called Steel Pony < http://www.steelpony.com.au >
From their website: "Steel Pony luggage is made from 13oz ripstop, waterproofed, steel grey canvas, heavy-duty webbing, heavy-duty plastic clips and is sewn together with cotton coated polyester thread which swells into the stitch holes"
Its awesome product and the owners are genuinely good people that helped me immensely prior to this trip when my old saddle bags crapped out after 15 years, a month before we left. The panniers in the pic are the Gascoyne model < http://www.steelpony.com.au/gascoyne_panniers.htm >. Their website is a little out of date as they are in process of relocating their home. I can not sing their praises highly enough. Solid built and larger than other saddlebags (made in Au anyway) - if you have any questions send them a email (tell them you read about them on ADV)

I have the panniers mounted over bog-stock-standard HB Panier racks. The racks act as a bullbar for around town and offer more than enough support for the bags. I had to relocate the indicator pods and took the opportunity to replace all 4 with the bendy 650GS ones from Touratec. As a bonus the rack and bag combination are significantly lighter than the hard pannier option (but still soft bags are not for everyone)

cheers

toecutta (jason)
PS, nope i am not a foot doctor - its a old reference to the original MadMax movie
toecutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #1000
kobukan
almost gnarly
 
kobukan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Saco ME
Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by toecutta View Post
Hey Kobukan, The bags are handmade from a company here in Au called Steel Pony < http://www.steelpony.com.au >
From their website: "Steel Pony luggage is made from 13oz ripstop, waterproofed, steel grey canvas, heavy-duty webbing, heavy-duty plastic clips and is sewn together with cotton coated polyester thread which swells into the stitch holes"
Its awesome product and the owners are genuinely good people that helped me immensely prior to this trip when my old saddle bags crapped out after 15 years, a month before we left. The panniers in the pic are the Gascoyne model < http://www.steelpony.com.au/gascoyne_panniers.htm >. Their website is a little out of date as they are in process of relocating their home. I can not sing their praises highly enough. Solid built and larger than other saddlebags (made in Au anyway) - if you have any questions send them a email (tell them you read about them on ADV)

I have the panniers mounted over bog-stock-standard HB Panier racks. The racks act as a bullbar for around town and offer more than enough support for the bags. I had to relocate the indicator pods and took the opportunity to replace all 4 with the bendy 650GS ones from Touratec. As a bonus the rack and bag combination are significantly lighter than the hard pannier option (but still soft bags are not for everyone)

cheers

toecutta (jason)
PS, nope i am not a foot doctor - its a old reference to the original MadMax movie
Thanks for the info on the bags - looks like an awesome product!
__________________
'04 R1150GS, '97 R1100GS, '99 DR350, '02 DR650, '03 DR650
A Few Days Solo to Copper Canyon
A Maine Rider’s Arizona Day Trips
A Few Days Solo in Baja
kobukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:13 AM   #1001
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,478
ok to get this thread right back on..

Nothing's wrong with the bike...I just sent it to enlarge..


and I've been inspired by Simon's riding adventures and the pictures he shared....so I've decided to paint it like his..

well initially..

and finally...thought this would look more appropriate..last step before lacquered.
__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall

AJ.. screwed with this post 07-07-2013 at 05:30 AM
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #1002
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,478
say hello...



hangin out with the younger generation.


Have a great day...cheers

__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:22 AM   #1003
half_price_beemer
Wings-it Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Marion, Ohio
Oddometer: 192
I have thought about increasing the size of the tank on mine. did you give it more capacity than the adventure rally tank or the same? looks like you did it yourself, nice job by the way. would do you think it would cost to get that done?
half_price_beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:30 AM   #1004
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer
 
AJ..'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore
Oddometer: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by half_price_beemer View Post
I have thought about increasing the size of the tank on mine. did you give it more capacity than the adventure rally tank or the same? looks like you did it yourself, nice job by the way. would do you think it would cost to get that done?

nope...I didn't do it myself...I just give the idea...sent someone to do it...

didn't really got to test the capacity yet...coz just collected yesterday....
__________________
HONDA XRV750-02,XL1000V(project)(woot-woot)BMW R1100GS-'98()
KTM640ADV,KTM620DUKE projected()VF750C-96(project tracker)
(Hyundai Tucson-(For Family)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #1005
half_price_beemer
Wings-it Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Marion, Ohio
Oddometer: 192
Pumba!

here is my bike affectionately named PUMBA. this bike has been here before but I bought it off another inmate from NY state in October, and Ive added a few touches. I've only put 4,000 miles on it since I got it, but Im in love





half_price_beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014