ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #2521
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,003
I was informed by some fine folks at the Wedge tonight that I was having a little get-together at my house this coming Sunday, the 27th. Anytime after noon will be good. I will throw something on the grill. If you want to bring a side dish that would be great. I think Kat is bringing CAKE!! PM me if you are coming and/or need directions.

I may try out my new grill I have been working on. Maybe some lovely lady will find me handy....

kennyanc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #2522
avocado_sandwich
herbivorousmotogirl

Oddometer: 308
party at casa de kenny

Ladies love a man with a big grill. See you Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyanc View Post
I was informed by some fine folks at the Wedge tonight that I was having a little get-together at my house this coming Sunday, the 27th. Anytime after noon will be good. I will throw something on the grill. If you want to bring a side dish that would be great. I think Kat is bringing CAKE!! PM me if you are coming and/or need directions.

I may try out my new grill I have been working on. Maybe some lovely lady will find me handy....

avocado_sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #2523
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado_sandwich View Post
Ladies love a man with a big grill. See you Sunday!

yeah, but is his deck big enough to handle us?
Old 03-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #2524
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle View Post
yeah, but is his deck big enough to handle us?
I don't if know if it's big enough to handle you all or not but it keeps me happy.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #2525
KayaKTM
Day trippin'

Oddometer: 405
Altamont in West Asheville

Hey Guys (and Gals)!

Anyone been to the new bar (Brewery to be) in West Asheville, Altamont yet? the owners are dual sport and off-road riders and kayakers (i think they also do other stuff, like ski or snowboard, etc.). they seem like good guys and we have a mutual friend or 2.

i know the last time i suggested this it was dismmissed but i'm gonna give it another shot. how about the idea of moving Wed. night beer from the Wedge to Altamont? I like the Wedge but it gets damn hot during the summer and the lines are huge and the beer gets warm.

i also think it'd be cool to support a new start up in town and they could use the exposure as they've just gotten under way. they have foosball, ping pong, and a garage door that they open when the weather permits. they're already in the process of organizing an "Old School Paddling Film Festival" and are planning dual sport/moto activities (i think i saw they play the SX series on a big screen TV or projector)

what say you?

Religions change; beer and wine remain. Harvey Allen
KayaKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #2526
400psi
Cropdusting

Oddometer: 425
Josh,
Agreed. The Wedge doesn't need to be abondoned but I definately think we should give it a shot.
Pete
Old 03-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #2527
35xj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 904
owners are long time friends of mine, but i was scared to suggest a move from the wedge!
wiggins is a good dude, and his partner gordon was the brewer at flagstaff brewing for several years. They are not brewing beer yet (lack of funds) but plan to buy equipment and start brewing as soon as possible.
Currentlythey have several local beers. highland, greenman, french broad, and of course PBR.....the hippster beer (or so i hear. i hate to think i may have been thought of as a fucking "hipster" based upon my enjoyment of a decent cheap beer!
anyway, both owners are riders, and i at least have been supporting them. It would be great if we could support them as a group on occasion. Afterall, the more beer we drink, the faster they can get to brewing. As we all know, we could use another brewery in town!
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #2528
Cuttle
me? what?

any other day maybe - but I am against moving Wedgeday

(Josh - just keep your pitcher out of the sun, or share it with others and it won't get to warm )
Old 03-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #2529
KayaKTM
Day trippin'

Oddometer: 405
i only buy pitchers if I've got someone to share with!

Quote:

(Josh - just keep your pitcher out of the sun, or share it with others and it won't get to warm )

Religions change; beer and wine remain. Harvey Allen
KayaKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #2530
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
What she said.... There are 6 other days in the week. I will be at the Wedge on Wednesdays. Wednesday IS Wedgeday.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #2531
SmellyKat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
We're on our way to Altamont now. C'mon.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:53 AM   #2532
b00t
errrr, yes uh-huh?

Oddometer: 321
Sounds cool will have to check it out. I am for change, to me no big deal (anyone remember dirty jacks?) I think wedge is great and the best beer in town, but I got too agree with Josh, lines are ridiculous as more people discover our little gem, it does get bleeding hot, and you can no longer park at the front.... Let me repeat, I love wedge, but it has been discovered by the avl scene and getting more and more out of hand.

Side note: pbr is for rednecks , anybody remember the song, my family anthem - redneck, white socks and blue ribbon beer?

Now, you guys know I go where the crew goes so I'll see you wherever you are but will definitely go check out Altamont.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:58 AM   #2533
b00t
errrr, yes uh-huh?

Oddometer: 321
On a side note looks like there will be some big deckin this weekend, hate to miss it but the gncc cross country series is at Steele creek this weekend. Pro bike race Sunday afternoon, if you haven't been to one I urge you to go, awesome time watching nations top Hare scramble riders get down and dirty.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:26 AM   #2534
35xj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 904
josh and i are going to race next sunday boot. its a hare scramble i guess...
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:16 AM   #2535
Cuttle
me? what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00t View Post
Sounds cool will have to check it out. I am for change, to me no big deal (anyone remember dirty jacks?)
yeah, but do you also remember how long it took to "move" everybody and to get a decent crowd together on Wednesdays.

If we park next to the truck, the bikes are pretty much were they always were (ok, you always parked your precious little rang-dang-dang right in front of the door )