ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 06:25 AM   #16
NCbub OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
NCbub's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Asheville, NC
Oddometer: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwatcher
OH YEAH....Burnt pig butt and beer....count me in ncbub

Look forward to seeing you Russ.
__________________
2009 F800-GS Bumble Bee
NCbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:23 AM   #17
xtphreak
from B4 "adventure bikes"
 
xtphreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Back in WNC
Oddometer: 7,960
in

new boss is ofering to let me do 4-10's .... so I can sleep in Friday 11/9

dang this relocation "might" work out after all

but maybe I better go check 'em out to see if it's REAL NC barbeque sauce or that damn red catsup sh--- uh stuff

today though ... it's off to the range to try out the new PT1911

on the GPz of course (there's only a mile or two of gravel getting there) since I promised the doc I'd stay off the XT for another few weeks
__________________
Do one thing every day that scares you. Baz Luhrmann
Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E

xtphreak screwed with this post 10-28-2007 at 08:46 AM
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:53 PM   #18
NCbub OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
NCbub's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Asheville, NC
Oddometer: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAW
I might be able to make it. I was thinkin' about being up at my place around then anyway.

Does this place serve catfish or anything like that?

Raw looking at the online menu I don't see any fish. Great sides and vegies, enough to make a meal on.
__________________
2009 F800-GS Bumble Bee
NCbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #19
NCbub OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
NCbub's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Asheville, NC
Oddometer: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtphreak
in

new boss is ofering to let me do 4-10's .... so I can sleep in Friday 11/9

dang this relocation "might" work out after all

but maybe I better go check 'em out to see if it's REAL NC barbeque sauce or that damn red catsup sh--- uh stuff

today though ... it's off to the range to try out the new PT1911

on the GPz of course (there's only a mile or two of gravel getting there) since I promised the doc I'd stay off the XT for another few weeks
See you the 8th XT!


See you the 8th XT.
__________________
2009 F800-GS Bumble Bee
NCbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:56 PM   #20
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer
 
kennyanc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville, NC
Oddometer: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBlueV-Strom
Let me know or post here if you do this again at another restaraunt. I don't care for the Fiddlin Pig..........prefer Stickey Fingers in Greenville, SC for ribs. Pork.............well the Hawg Wild in Brevard is best.

I will keep an eye out for future events. You guys have fun.
It ain't just about the food. You gonna miss seein' all us FF's. Oh yeah, Greenville ain't in western NC either. Maybe next time we'll pick a place you like.
Cheers.

Kenny
kennyanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:00 PM   #21
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer
 
kennyanc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville, NC
Oddometer: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAW
I might be able to make it. I was thinkin' about being up at my place around then anyway.

Does this place serve catfish or anything like that?
I don't remember seeing any fish on the menu. To me BBQ means pork though so I don't really look for anything else.

Kenny
kennyanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:03 PM   #22
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer
 
kennyanc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville, NC
Oddometer: 1,960
I will be working in SC that week but I will make sure I leave early enough to get back to AVL by 7pm. See you there.

Kenny
kennyanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:08 PM   #23
BMW Kurt
Bluesman
 
BMW Kurt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Have guitar, will travel
Oddometer: 9,843
Bbq?

Is this good BBQ or that vinegar and mustard crap? Any way, I will probably show up!
__________________
"We blew it." -- Wyatt in Easy Rider
Kurt Nugent Photography
BMW Kurt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:57 PM   #24
RAW
stamen in the sniffer
 
RAW's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: WNC
Oddometer: 3,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyanc
I don't remember seeing any fish on the menu. To me BBQ means pork though so I don't really look for anything else.

Kenny
I'll have some onion rings and whatnot. I'll be fine.

I should be able to make it.
__________________
Get $5 off of your smugmug signup!
Enter code: sA9I4bmgcofRU
RAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #25
NCbub OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
NCbub's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Asheville, NC
Oddometer: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyanc
I will be working in SC that week but I will make sure I leave early enough to get back to AVL by 7pm. See you there.

Kenny




Kenny said he was working. Man that Kenny is one funny dude!

Let the record show I used my 1000th post to laugh at Kenny.
__________________
2009 F800-GS Bumble Bee
NCbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:11 AM   #26
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer
 
kennyanc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville, NC
Oddometer: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbub


Kenny said he was working. Man that Kenny is one funny dude!

Let the record show I used my 1000th post to laugh at Kenny.

Pot...Kettle....Black
kennyanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:22 AM   #27
NCBlueV-Strom
Hold Please!
 
NCBlueV-Strom's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: God's Country.....western NC!
Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyanc
It ain't just about the food. You gonna miss seein' all us FF's. Oh yeah, Greenville ain't in western NC either. Maybe next time we'll pick a place you like.
Cheers.

Kenny
And the Fiddlin Pig may as well be in purgatory

I know it is about getting together but I like to eat something I can stomach too. I will wait to see any future sites. Besides, Bluegrass makes me cry!
__________________
Previous bikes:
02' 750 Honda Shadow (What can I say, made me feel like Fonzie )
03' 1300 R Honda VTX (Big and mean and had the cc's to show on the title )
CURRENT: 07' DL 650 Suzuki V-Strom....nicely farkled!
NCBlueV-Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:38 PM   #28
Ridir Frith
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Ridir Frith's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Hendersonville, nc
Oddometer: 121
Me and Rooster are in for BBQ, location great, food great and BLUEGRASS, just don't get no better!
__________________
CMA Fast Lane
cmausa.org
Jesus Rocks!!

V-STROM 1K
KLR 650 2007
Ridir Frith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:03 PM   #29
xtphreak
from B4 "adventure bikes"
 
xtphreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Back in WNC
Oddometer: 7,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugentch
Is this good BBQ or that vinegar and mustard crap? Any way, I will probably show up!
here's hoping it's that mustard based crap (NC BarBQue) instead of that catsup based crap (Texass BarBQue)
__________________
Do one thing every day that scares you. Baz Luhrmann
Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:28 PM   #30
Pufft
puffy
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Candler NC
Oddometer: 33
dinner

I would like to join you guys if you don't mind?
Pufft is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014