ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #4306
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,031
Whats up Dennis? Been keeping that thing busy have you? Are you coming to the house on the 30th?
kennyanc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:05 AM   #4307
lgajohnymac
(*)

Oddometer: 1,137
Was mostly painting and fixing this past weekend. No good riding plan pans out lately. So again, planning to ride this coming weekend!
lgajohnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:22 AM   #4308
cycle junkie
n00b

Oddometer: 7
oh yea the only reason i stop riding when i do. im to tired to keep going. ridng brown solo today. yes im planning on coming to party.
cycle junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #4309
cycle junkie
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I rode three and a half hours at brown yesterday. what a blast. i'm starting to get alone with the two stroke. what a contrary bitch, stroke her just right and its such a lovely ride. get it wrong and she'll spit u out in a heart beat. what a work out, i think every mucsle i have is sore.
yo, you only live once so, ride you all, ride
cycle junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:26 AM   #4310
Maro7ak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Dr350

Hi Folks, Im new in town (again), and looking to meet other ADV riders in my area. I'm looking to ride but also would like to talk with some DR350 owners that are hands-on with their own machines.

I'm a hobby mechanic, I've rebuilt carbs, changed and balanced tires, did things like brakes, bearings, basic things. I'm having a hard time figuring out this bike. It rides beautifully when it fires up. On days that it doesn't, it does things that scare me (like puke gasoline all over the carb and engine). I have questions like "where is the float bowl drain plug (and hose?)?", and "why does the petcock have a "prime" but no "off" position?. After reading the owners manual about the petcock, now my question is more like "why, when I took the tank off with the petcock in the "prime" position, didnt it leak fuel all over the place?

The bike i a stock '98 DR350SE. I need the download on this guy, Im done draining my gas tank onto the driveway.

Calling DR's of Asheville!!!

Maro7ak screwed with this post 08-31-2014 at 12:15 PM
Maro7ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:16 PM   #4311
valvecrusher
tractus pro pensio™

Oddometer: 1,710
Cry

Can ANY one help me?

I rode to Asheville from Hickory yesterday, down i40.

The work area in Biltmore(exit 53-50) has about 4 bridges(travel over) in a stretch of about 1.5 miles.

They are doing the 'final level' and prep, lowering the road so that the new surface rises to be level with existing bridge.

I rode this same highway last week, and noticed that stretch was 'rough', but the travel yesterday was ridiculouslyunsafe.

When i hit the leading edge of at least two of those bridges, i hit HARD, bottoming the front AND rear suspension, nearing jerking the bars from my hands.....4 times, once each bridge..

Now i got a BAD vibration in the bars at all speeds, and two wheels 'hopping', and i couldn't even read my speedo on the return trip.( shaking too hard).

AND get this, i hit so hard it pushed the sight glass out of the brake reservoir, leaking fluid onto the paint work, lifting the paint overnight..

And it broke the bodywork(NX250) in a few places...

Will anyone help me?

Either, 1. Be witness to said condition of road,
2. give me PM about the proper authority to address

3. wish me luck

If anyone could ride out and measure the height change, it might go a long way towards getting attention..

Oh yeah, the spine of my body feels un-wonderful today, fingers crossed i didn't damage a disc.

PLease?

valvecrusher screwed with this post 08-31-2014 at 02:45 PM
valvecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:12 PM   #4312
dbarale
Squiddly slow

Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro7ak View Post
Hi Folks, Im new in town (again), and looking to meet other ADV riders in my area. I'm looking to ride but also would like to talk with some DR350 owners that are hands-on with their own machines.

I'm a hobby mechanic, I've rebuilt carbs, changed and balanced tires, did things like brakes, bearings, basic things. I'm having a hard time figuring out this bike. It rides beautifully when it fires up. On days that it doesn't, it does things that scare me (like puke gasoline all over the carb and engine). I have questions like "where is the float bowl drain plug (and hose?)?", and "why does the petcock have a "prime" but no "off" position?. After reading the owners manual about the petcock, now my question is more like "why, when I took the tank off with the petcock in the "prime" position, didnt it leak fuel all over the place?

The bike i a stock '98 DR350SE. I need the download on this guy, Im done draining my gas tank onto the driveway.

Calling DR's of Asheville!!!
You have two issues: leaking petcock and leaking needle valve. Both easy fixes. Do not leave the petcock on PRIme. Send me a PM if you have specific questions.
dbarale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #4313
dbarale
Squiddly slow

Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by valvecrusher View Post
Can ANY one help me?

I rode to Asheville from Hickory yesterday, down i40.

The work area in Biltmore(exit 53-50) has about 4 bridges(travel over) in a stretch of about 1.5 miles.

They are doing the 'final level' and prep, lowering the road so that the new surface rises to be level with existing bridge.

I rode this same highway last week, and noticed that stretch was 'rough', but the travel yesterday was ridiculouslyunsafe.

When i hit the leading edge of at least two of those bridges, i hit HARD, bottoming the front AND rear suspension, nearing jerking the bars from my hands.....4 times, once each bridge..

Now i got a BAD vibration in the bars at all speeds, and two wheels 'hopping', and i couldn't even read my speedo on the return trip.( shaking too hard).

AND get this, i hit so hard it pushed the sight glass out of the brake reservoir, leaking fluid onto the paint work, lifting the paint overnight..

And it broke the bodywork(NX250) in a few places...

Will anyone help me?

Either, 1. Be witness to said condition of road,
2. give me PM about the proper authority to address

3. wish me luck

If anyone could ride out and measure the height change, it might go a long way towards getting attention..

Oh yeah, the spine of my body feels un-wonderful today, fingers crossed i didn't damage a disc.

PLease?
Take pics and document the damage to the bike. Go to: http://www.ncdot.gov/contact/
Scroll down to "file a claim" and fill up the form. Submit it with as much documentation as you can get. Good luck, they are usually pretty good to deal with.
dbarale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:30 PM   #4314
dirtconnector
erythematic nucha

Oddometer: 768
riding MHG in the am From LL side @0900 til 1100. Big storm this pm washed it clean. Prolly do #9 from BC to BM and back to FV in between. Buy u a chillum if u pass me

dirtconnector screwed with this post 08-31-2014 at 07:36 PM
dirtconnector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #4315
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Oddometer: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarale View Post
You have two issues: leaking petcock and leaking needle valve. Both easy fixes. Do not leave the petcock on PRIme. Send me a PM if you have specific questions.
+1 to what he said. Former DR350SE owner here. Most folks with stock-carbed DR350's, me included, put a Yamaha Raptor petcock on them, which gives you an "Off" position. Here's the part number: 2GU-24500-02-00. Remember to remove the vacuum hose that goes between the carb and petcock if you do that, and cap that port on the carb. Then put a tiny zip tie at the base of the cap, or it will come off at an inopportune time. DAMHIK. I used to run my 350 dry between rides. Every now and then the floats would stick after it had been sitting for a month or so, which would also yield an overflow situation at the start of the next ride. A sharp tap with a ball peen hammer or the like on the side of the carb would fix that, though. There's a large DR350 thread in Thumpers on here. You have one of the two best model years ('98 or '99). Have fun!
Old 09-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #4316
headednw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
thinking of hitting Brown Mtn Friday afternoon and or Sat Morn . anyone riding ?
headednw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #4317
turtlemoye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by headednw View Post
thinking of hitting Brown Mtn Friday afternoon and or Sat Morn . anyone riding ?
I might be up for it. PM me later in the week.

2013 Husky Terra

2013 Husky TE 511
turtlemoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:48 AM   #4318
headednw
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemoye View Post
I might be up for it. PM me later in the week.
will do
Old 09-08-2014, 06:33 AM   #4319
headednw
Gnarly Adventurer

I'll catch ya next time Turtle .

First time riding there .... I'll be back as it was awesome !!
Old 11-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #4320
lgajohnymac
(*)

Oddometer: 1,137
Any interest in a woods ride out there? I should have time all day this sat for a ride.
lgajohnymac is offline   Reply With Quote