ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #841
Johnny Crash

Oddometer: 174
10 more days until June's dinner (June 11th). I think it is going to be at Papas and Beer in South Asheville.
Johnny Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #842
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Crash
10 more days until June's dinner (June 11th). I think it is going to be at Papas and Beer in South Asheville.
Dean,

We were talking during the Eastern Rendezvous about the "lack of participation" and it seems like a lot of folks are busy on Thursdays (especially if you get ready for a weekend trip).

What if we would move the dinners to Tuesdays? Just a thought.....
Old 06-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #843
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 5,121
[quote=coffeestained]Thanks for the support! We feel like craft beer and local music are one and the same. I look forward to catching up!

P.S. Knopfler just put out a new one with Emmylou that pretty darn good![/quote

who ya got playing 2 fridays from now may stop on the way to the gathering of the clans. p.s. where are ya

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #844
coffeestained
post nihilist

Oddometer: 160
You're in luck...Dave Desmelik will be playing June 12. Good gritty americana...highly recommended. We're at 101-d Fairview Rd, Avl. 28803. PM me if you are coming by and I'll see if we can meet up for a pint.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #845
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,990
I've had a lot on my plate the last few months and haven't been able to keep this thread bumped/going.

I will be in SC next week but should be back in town by Thursday evening and could make it to Papas. Thursdays are usually tough for me to make though, especially in the summer. We have been taking long weekends and heading to the lake on Thursdays after work. Monday or Wednesday works best for me but if the consensus is for Tuesday I'll try to make one on occasion.

Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle
Dean,

We were talking during the Eastern Rendezvous about the "lack of participation" and it seems like a lot of folks are busy on Thursdays (especially if you get ready for a weekend trip).

kennyanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #846
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer

What happened to the ADV night? We're still waiting and we're always thirsty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeestained
You're in luck...Dave Desmelik will be playing June 12. Good gritty americana...highly recommended. We're at 101-d Fairview Rd, Avl. 28803. PM me if you are coming by and I'll see if we can meet up for a pint.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #847
coffeestained
post nihilist

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyanc
What happened to the ADV night? We're still waiting and we're always thirsty.
I'm still game...just been runnin' around myself and working on brewery expansion plans. I'm heading up through KY on Weds and hitting Shepherd Trail then Daniel Boone. We'll start working on it when I get back. Thanks for keeping it going!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #848
Johnny Crash

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle
Dean,

Another day of the week is fine with us. Wednesday night is probably best, but I'm sure we could swing Tuesdays.
Johnny Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #849
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Oddometer: 5,250
I plan on being in that area Saturday the 27th, anything going on that night?
Disco Stu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #850
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stu
I plan on being in that area Saturday the 27th, anything going on that night?
Too early to say. I am rarely in AVL on summer weekends but if I'm in town I would be up for a beer or 3.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:18 AM   #851
Stromin'Nroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
I am hereby expressing interest in allowing you people to eat in my general vicinity. One night is just about as inconvenient as any other. Alfresco dining is preferred.

BTW: Crash and Sammidge, had a great time sunday.

Suzuki DL650A K7
SW-Motech Centre Stand & Crashbars
Caribou Luggage

".......and many of them were driven to these crimes by a horrible force called MUSIC." Frank Zappa, 1979
Stromin'Nroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #852
Clockwatcher
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Where??????

I am going to give you guys 5 or 6 more days to call this thing or I will just have to dine without you....
Russ
Clockwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #853
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer

I've heard several people mention wanting to go back to Papas & Beer. That would be great for me. Norman mentioned something about Alfred, Fred, Frisco or somebody like that...I don't know him but I do know they have a great little patio at Stone Ridge Tavern where we could eat outside. It's just across Brevard Rd. from Papas. I'm sure we could get enough tables reserved for our group.

I vote for one of the 2. Don't care which one, I like both of them. What say the masses.

Kenny
Old 06-03-2009, 05:44 AM   #854
1upyorn
Asheville, NC

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyanc
I vote for one of the 2. Don't care which one, I like both of them. What say the masses.

Kenny
My ass mass only goes 180lbs, but I'm for Tuesday or later Wednesday. Wednesdays, we've got a pretty good bike night crew gathering going on at Dirty Jacks downtown. This is an open call, too.

Cofffestained...i look forward to meeting you, man. Shoot me a PM with your contact. You'd like my crew of hooligans (b00t, yes even you!) My girl and I are in barley's all the time...when we're not at Dirtys She used to work there several moons ago and know jimmy and dawn very well. I ride a Versys and Jenny's on an F650GS at the moment. We should find a night to meet up when you get back to town. We also keep missing Desmelik play. His kids also go to Claxton. Damn summers get TOO full too quick. The Tryon BBQ festival is that weekend. We want to do the Friday night there. We're also double-booked and supposed to be in Tellico area (Cherahala Moto Campground, IIRC) both nights camping and riding with a southeast group of Versys doods. God I love summertime.

Back to scheduled thread...sorry Kenny. Come meet us tonight for a cold one, will ya!

/neil
Old 06-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #855
kennyanc
Beastly Adventurer

Dang, I just saw this. I was supposed to meet some friends at ABC on Coxe at 3, then it got pushed to 4-4:30, then postponed to maybe manana. I didn't get home from work until 6pm. I could have stopped by on my way home had I known. Will be out of town next week but will try to be there the week after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1upyorn
My ass mass only goes 180lbs, but I'm for Tuesday or later Wednesday. Wednesdays, we've got a pretty good bike night crew gathering going on at Dirty Jacks downtown. This is an open call, too.

Cofffestained...i look forward to meeting you, man. Shoot me a PM with your contact. You'd like my crew of hooligans (b00t, yes even you!) My girl and I are in barley's all the time...when we're not at Dirtys She used to work there several moons ago and know jimmy and dawn very well. I ride a Versys and Jenny's on an F650GS at the moment. We should find a night to meet up when you get back to town. We also keep missing Desmelik play. His kids also go to Claxton. Damn summers get TOO full too quick. The Tryon BBQ festival is that weekend. We want to do the Friday night there. We're also double-booked and supposed to be in Tellico area (Cherahala Moto Campground, IIRC) both nights camping and riding with a southeast group of Versys doods. God I love summertime.

Back to scheduled thread...sorry Kenny. Come meet us tonight for a cold one, will ya!

/neil