Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2007, 05:51 AM   #1
Anders Green OP
NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer: 1,986
Wink RallyMoto(tm): Competitor Liasons needed

Hey everybody,

I'm looking for some Competitor Liaison volunteers for the upcoming season. The basic idea is to have some folks geographically spread out to serve as ambassadors for the sport. We would have you listed on RallyMoto.com with some contact info so not-yet-competitors could contact you. Based on the results with the car guys, it's not a super intensive job: I'd expect about half a dozen calls a year.

The conversation usually goes along very basic lines (What do I have to do to my bike? What are the roads like? Do I need a license? Is there navigation? Is it timed?) that any competitor could easily answer. Of course, if there's anything more complicated, you can call the "support line". (That's me. )

I'd also like to get the Competitor Liaisons together on a conference call after each event to gather feedback. That's when I'll steal all you big ideas. It's also when we could talk about any new developments that were upcoming, like changes to rules or whatever.

Questions? Discussion? Volunteers?

Thanks guys!
Anders 919.679.5282
Old 10-29-2007, 05:20 AM   #2
AFekete
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,208
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Green
Hey everybody,

I'm looking for some Competitor Liaison volunteers for the upcoming season. The basic idea is to have some folks geographically spread out to serve as ambassadors for the sport. We would have you listed on RallyMoto.com with some contact info so not-yet-competitors could contact you. Based on the results with the car guys, it's not a super intensive job: I'd expect about half a dozen calls a year.

The conversation usually goes along very basic lines (What do I have to do to my bike? What are the roads like? Do I need a license? Is there navigation? Is it timed?) that any competitor could easily answer. Of course, if there's anything more complicated, you can call the "support line". (That's me. )

I'd also like to get the Competitor Liaisons together on a conference call after each event to gather feedback. That's when I'll steal all you big ideas. It's also when we could talk about any new developments that were upcoming, like changes to rules or whatever.

Questions? Discussion? Volunteers?

Thanks guys!
Anders 919.679.5282
I'm in...

Contact me off line. You have my info.

thanks!
Andrew
AFekete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
grimmboy
Chris Grimm

Oddometer: 866
I'll lend a hand if we can move the effort for Rally West Virginia to include the bikes and I don't have to stand in the woods with ten drunk rednecks for 8 plus hours.
grimmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:49 PM   #4
Anders Green OP
NASA Rally Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmboy
I'll lend a hand if we can move the effort for Rally West Virginia to include the bikes
We're working on that, actually. :) So email me all your contact info.
Quote:
and I don't have to stand in the woods with ten drunk rednecks for 8 plus hours.
Don't worry, these positions aren't connected to marshalling. They are designed to be between-rally positions, mostly. The during-rally activity is generally another competitor coming up to you and saying "Hey, you're a competitor liaison, how come they don't let us run bikes with superchargers?" to which you reply "Good idea, I'll ask about that for you. "

Anders
Old 10-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
Lurch42
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
...which begs the question...

Can we run blowers?
Lurch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
AFekete
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch42

Can we run blowers?
It's a bolt on...go for it.

You'll be placed in the super DUPER production class.

There is a plethera of goodies to be added to make the bikes really trick.

thanks,
A
AFekete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:50 PM   #7
Anders Green OP
NASA Rally Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch42

Can we run blowers?
Good idea!! I'll ask about that for you. ;)

Anders
Old 10-31-2007, 05:18 AM   #8
Doug Mo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Long winters = bad ideas

Hey Lurch,

Both of us live in a climate that promotes long shop hours in the winter to come up with really bad ideas. I suggest a strick training regime and those ideas will eventually be put to rest!!! Looking forward to 08!!!!
Doug Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:55 AM   #9
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,212
I have a few Canadian friends.

Hey: I've just started to hear from a few of my Canadian riding buddys, asking about "this Rally stuff". I'm suprised it took so long to hear from them. The Black River Stages were just like most of Ontario where they ride. These guys are fast and ride the Gravel roads up there all the time. We rode a few sections from the Tall Pines Rally about a year ago and the course was similar to Black River, just a few more rocks. It looks like 2008 will be a great year for RallyMoto. We'll get an International thing going.

I can be a Liason if needed for them and my area, NY, NJ etc.

If any of you "Northerners" want to ride some sand and pratice for the Sand Blast, let me know. We have a few Rally Sections down here in the Pine Barrens and will be praticing in Jan 08. Email or PM me for details, we have to be discreet. Last year we had a few enduro clubs upset at us for "speeding" in their woods.

The Pine Barrens 500 would have given you guys some great sand practice, one rider just came back from riding with Scot Harden in the Nevada desert and said he saw more sand in New Jersey.

Jack

jack-bsm@comcast.net

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com
jack splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:48 AM   #10
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 3,996
Tall pines would be a fantastic event to run rally moto at. The roads are very similiar to black river and very in surface and speed. The one time I did Tall Pines it ran on time all day and crowd control was very good. There were spectator sections with many spectators.....hundreds......you actualy felt like a hero going through with people lining the sides of a tough corner (a safe distance away). The podium start was fun too.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:33 PM   #11
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S
Tall pines would be a fantastic event to run rally moto at. The roads are very similiar to black river and very in surface and speed. The one time I did Tall Pines it ran on time all day and crowd control was very good. There were spectator sections with many spectators.....hundreds......you actualy felt like a hero going through with people lining the sides of a tough corner (a safe distance away). The podium start was fun too.
+100 I crewed for an open class team at the Pines and had a great time!
The Tall Pines girls are very easy on the eyes
Old 10-31-2007, 05:20 PM   #12
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft
+100 I crewed for an open class team at the Pines and had a great time!
The Tall Pines girls are very easy on the eyes
Pines- I'm in as usual, and maybe I'll actually make it soon!

Anders, fwiw- I'll put my name in as well to direct questions your way in an orderly manner.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #13
Lurch42
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mo
Hey Lurch,

Both of us live in a climate that promotes long shop hours in the winter to come up with really bad ideas. I suggest a strick training regime and those ideas will eventually be put to rest!!! Looking forward to 08!!!!
I hear ya Doug. I actually turned the boost down on the ol' Mazda over the weekend...still couldn't keep it on the ground, tho.

Looking forward to '08, too, and I hope to see you at Sandblast (no blower).
Lurch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:00 PM   #14
osteo
Motion is Life

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack splash
Hey: I've just started to hear from a few of my Canadian riding buddys, asking about "this Rally stuff". I'm suprised it took so long to hear from them. The Black River Stages were just like most of Ontario where they ride. These guys are fast and ride the Gravel roads up there all the time. We rode a few sections from the Tall Pines Rally about a year ago and the course was similar to Black River, just a few more rocks. It looks like 2008 will be a great year for RallyMoto. We'll get an International thing going.

I can be a Liason if needed for them and my area, NY, NJ etc.

If any of you "Northerners" want to ride some sand and pratice for the Sand Blast, let me know. We have a few Rally Sections down here in the Pine Barrens and will be praticing in Jan 08. Email or PM me for details, we have to be discreet. Last year we had a few enduro clubs upset at us for "speeding" in their woods.

The Pine Barrens 500 would have given you guys some great sand practice, one rider just came back from riding with Scot Harden in the Nevada desert and said he saw more sand in New Jersey.

Jack

jack-bsm@comcast.net
I know I am a nobody in the world of Rallies, but I want to try my wheels, kicking up some dust and dirt! and have missed all the events of 07. I am the one that has been chatting Jack's ear off (email!) about the 07' Sandblast to see what to expect for 08' (assuming there are some spaces left after the pre-registration) - then questions of bikes, road books, gps, etc... he has replied promptly and all in all been a great guy!

So in short, I say for Jack Splash!

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:35 AM   #15
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,212
There's more Canadians. Eh!

Hey: Thanks Dennis (Osteo) for the post. I've been talking with Kevin from RallyConnex about the Rallys too. I know Flanny's chomping at the bit to do this and Ed ( Fast Eddy ) would be a natural as well. My only problem is I keep bring in guys that are faster than me.

Both my team mates beat me at Black River. I think I'm going to be the "Coach" for our team, I am the oldest, and I'll let the young guys take the glory. I'll still ride but focus on the team. Watch out for the Pine Barrens guys at Sand Blast. Shawn got 4th overall in his first race and Scott was running 3rd most of the day, he lost it at night with his Electrical Enginering degree and $50 lights.

The Rally practice session seems like a good idea and I think we can pull it off safely. Jan 08 is a good time, theres not much going on in the woods and I have a remote area we can control access to. The hard part will be getting all those rutts in the turns that the cars make.

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com
jack splash is offline   Reply With Quote