User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 01:43 AM   #1
mikhail_m_2011 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Need advice how to start a 2002 F650gs dakar

Hello Everyone , Can someone please help me diagnose the problem why I can't start a 2002 f650gs dakar bike , I'm trying to buy this bike but before I buy I need to make sure it will start . So the bike has only 1,3XX Original miles . Seems like it's been sitting since 2007 so its been 5 years already. 1st thing I did was use a hose to get all the old fuel out , and put fresh fuel (91) , change the battery , change the spark plug , theres oil in the tank but nothing showing in the window , I didnt add any oil because i didnt have any with me at that time . So I tried starting it and it would just turn over and over but wouldn't fire. I just went around and found a little box under the seat and there are 3 fuses there and they are okay . Than I went to a auto store and bought some starting fluid , took off the airbox and sprayed some starting fluid into the intake manifold while turning over the engine , it would fire a little but would quite right away . the first time i turned the key on after installing the battery i heard the motor kick on and than go off , i guess thats the fuel pump but than it wouldnt go on anymore if i turned the key off and on again i guess it builed up preassure already . If someone can please give me some advice on what to do , I am not really familiar with these bikes and the whole fuel injection system , any advice or if you guys will tell me on what to check and what to do , it seems to me like the fuel is not getting delivered to the cylinder. e-mail or pm. Thanks ahead. mikhail_2005@hotmail.com
mikhail_m_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote