Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2008, 11:53 AM   #136
ruliram
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by - chappy -
Just got mine back with the full remus freeride system.... wow! It is like someone fed it a red bull! I am very supprised at the difference a simple exhaust system makes on this bike. I am going to add a K&N filter, i'm sure it will help a bit more but very little in the way of noticeability at this point just easier for me to clean etc.

It is loud though. I like it better because the stock exhaust was impossible to hear on a highway or going fast down a "main" road. It was hard to hear how hard it was working to stay at those speeds. I had it out today and drove 20 miles to start the ride and did 75+ the whole way and it wasn't even working.

I love it ! The plus's greatly outway the sound which is similar to a yz / cr / rm 450 with a pipe. In the woods when you are just goosing it around it is not that bad.

It is only abnoxious when you really pour it on

A couple of my friends who have ridden the bike before/after also can't believe the throttle response and pep it added.

Get it you won't regret it !
where can i buy this exhaust system?...price??? thanks
ruliram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #137
ruliram
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Best exhaust

Hi,

In terms of hp enhancing...wich full exhaust system is better?

Akrapovic or remus?

I guess the akra is more expensive, is it worth it?...

sorry for my english, im from mexico...

Thanks!
ruliram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:21 PM   #138
rocking rod moto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
I Love the Leo Vince

Got it and love it

Old 01-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #139
MTDewX8
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Remus, Leo, Remus, LEO

are htey that different or really do I go with which ever I Can get cheaper.

and is it suggested that much to get the header if I go with Remus?
Old 01-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #140
QUIRKSM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
last i saw remus didn't offer a slip on because there was so many fitment issues with the stock header being too small, but i could be wrong. the leo is slightly quieter than remus and powerwise im not sure but probably about the same. Then you have the looks, personally i like the looks of the remus better but you could be different. Everyone that got the leo has loved it and a lot of people that got the remus said it was too loud, but it is up to you and what you are looking for.

hope this helps
QUIRKSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #141
Grunt
Standup Philosopher

Oddometer: 2,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
Hey Grunt

First...thank you for your service to the Country!!!

FMF Q mufflers are rebuildable. They have packing inside that must occasionally be changed out. From what I have seen and heard, the FMF Q's are usually about the quietest aftermarket mufflers around. Are you sure yours is a Q and not a Power Core muffler?

FMF makes quiet tips and spark arrestors for the Power Core mufflers that should bring the racket down a bit if that is what you have.

If it is a Q, it made need a packing change and hopefully that should bring the db level down.

Have fun with the bike! You may want to check out an Emig steering damper for all that Florida sand. www.emigracing.com
Oni,

I finally got back to the "Land of the Big PX" for R&R. I ordered a repack kit for my Q2 muffler and did the repack job. It was suprisingly easy. Sorry there are no pix (I never got around to learning how to do that).

It turned out that the previous packing was 30-40% blown out. The new packing brought the sound down a little during idle and more so while riding, so it was somewhat successful. It's louder than stock, but not obnoxious. I can live with the noise and the performance seems to be what it was before. The muffler actually sounds pretty good. It has a deep throaty sound. People used to say "There goes that idiot on the loud-ass motorcycle". Now they just say "There goes that idiot". I'm making progress.

I also put on a TouraTech exhaust gaurd for a HP2 (Part Number: 044-0260). It fits well and looks pretty good. I've done a few other things to the bike and if I ever get off my ass to learn how to post pix I'll put some here.

Grunt

"Luck, fate, karma, ee-ching, shit happens. Whatever comes along, we've gotta roll with it."

Grunt screwed with this post 02-02-2009 at 01:03 PM
Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #142
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,755
I just had the cat and baffles removed from the standard muffler on my X Challenge by Motorcycle Exhaust Professionals at Springwood in Qld and replaced with their own mechanical baffles which are maintainance free and just wanted to let you know that my BMW is a very different bike to the one I rode down to the exhaust shop this morning.

It has a lot crisper throttle response at all times and allows me to pull a higher gear on hills and in corners than I used to be able to.

It runs on smoothly off throttle instead of nosediving and slowing quickly which used to upset the balance of the bike a lot, especially when lent over into corners etc. and even worse on rutted trails.

The sound is not to loud and there is no popping or crackling on deceleration or opening it up full. It idles along very smoothly in 4th and 5th where before I would have to be changing gears a bit.

The heat from the exhaust is a lot lower than it was. After a few minutes of running the header pipe used to get a bit of a red glow when it was dark but it doesn't show any glow at all now in my dark garage. The muffler is noticeably cooler around my left ankle and calf now as well.

I think the fuel economy will be a lot better now.

Will let you know how the fuel economy goes but its rideability has improved a lot.

This cost less than half the price of a new Staintune pipe over here.

Unfortunately I never weighed my muffler standard but the muffler fitter said that it is a bit lighter without the cat in there.
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #143
mxchamp
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,418
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz
I just had the cat and baffles removed from the standard muffler on my X Challenge by Motorcycle Exhaust Professionals at Springwood in Qld and replaced with their own mechanical baffles which are maintainance free and just wanted to let you know that my BMW is a very different bike to the one I rode down to the exhaust shop this morning.

It has a lot crisper throttle response at all times and allows me to pull a higher gear on hills and in corners than I used to be able to.

It runs on smoothly off throttle instead of nosediving and slowing quickly which used to upset the balance of the bike a lot, especially when lent over into corners etc. and even worse on rutted trails.

The sound is not to loud and there is no popping or crackling on deceleration or opening it up full. It idles along very smoothly in 4th and 5th where before I would have to be changing gears a bit.

The heat from the exhaust is a lot lower than it was. After a few minutes of running the header pipe used to get a bit of a red glow when it was dark but it doesn't show any glow at all now in my dark garage. The muffler is noticeably cooler around my left ankle and calf now as well.

I think the fuel economy will be a lot better now.

Will let you know how the fuel economy goes but its rideability has improved a lot.

This cost less than half the price of a new Staintune pipe over here.

Unfortunately I never weighed my muffler standard but the muffler fitter said that it is a bit lighter without the cat in there.

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #144
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Hi, anyone has fitted the GPR pipe?
Looks neat , nice sound and still original protection remained on the exhaust.

Have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Y80mtK6NM

G650 Xcountry 2007 / Beta evo 4T 2011

lewiss66 screwed with this post 07-04-2009 at 05:32 AM
lewiss66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:15 AM   #145
satur9
angry black guy

Oddometer: 466
yeah i have it. its actually louder than the video seems. heres my bike http://www.supermotojunkie.com/attac...1&d=1245795656
satur9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #146
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer

satur9,
Looks really nice on the XMOTO! Looks like you bought the poppy inox.
Thanks for the info. Still, It seems like the sound of the "GPR" is deeper than the one from the leovince exhaust pipe maybe due to carbon material used on the GPR. I like that!
Also, could you tell if the sound level of yours with DB killer is about the same as the stock one?
I'm actually planing to buy one of them but don't know which one have a deeper sound and not barking too much (I guess it's the db killers' job).
Thanks

lewiss66 screwed with this post 07-04-2009 at 12:37 PM
Old 07-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #147
satur9
angry black guy

there arent any db killers with the gpr.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #148
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer

Are you sure?
Check that:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:FR:1123

They say "Homologue avec DB Killer" means "officially with DB killer"
You might ask for it on their site.

lewiss66 screwed with this post 07-04-2009 at 12:51 PM
Old 07-04-2009, 05:12 PM   #149
satur9
angry black guy

thier site is in italian. plus if they gave me one i probably wouldnt use it. but those who want one should ask for one.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:42 AM   #150
lewiss66
Gnarly Adventurer

So, which one do you advise?