Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #196
schlim66
Loner

Oddometer: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiedobbie
Bought it from Scott Russon at http://www.tremx.com/

He was great to deal with and would recommend him to you. Good Luck.

Scott Russon tremxorders@yahoo.com
+1 on recommending Scott
I just ordered one from TREMX (805-582-9495) as well, Scott gave me a good price at $307. If anyone else wants one, get it soon because the price went up recently. Here is their website:
http://www.tremx.com/
Here is the Leo Vince site with the correct part number (but they only list it for the X-Country), it also includes 2 baffles and a spark arrester. They do have a sound clip, but it sounds like the bike is on a dyno that's in a closet!
http://www.leovinceusa.com/cart/sear...=BMW&Year=2007

Schlim66

schlim66 screwed with this post 10-29-2009 at 07:22 AM
schlim66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #197
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,809
Getting the bike serviced this morning at BM shop and sales rep rode in on a F800 fitted with a Scorpion can. When asked for his thoughts he said it was the loudest thing he has heard on a BMW and blasted over the music on his Ipod. Wasn't impressed.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:15 AM   #198
sky
cybozone

Oddometer: 84
akrapovic

sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #199
olyflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,201
Just ordered the LV now the wait
olyflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #200
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,317
My old KTM Supermoto use to roll backwards when you blip the throttle on the sidestand in neutral just like that Xmoto.

I like the way the Remus and Akra fill up the space under the side panel. Every thing else looks home made to me with that huge gap.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #201
schlim66
Loner

Oddometer: 677
I just finished my first ride with my new Leo Vince X3. I got it yesterday from TREmx ($307) and installed it before I went to work this morning.

Installing it was a piece of cake, except that the captured nuts for the heat shield were the wrong size. A phone call to Leo Vince USA (Thanks Tim) and the correct ones are on their way! The heat shields and support strap are actually real carbon fiber! I guess I expected them to be some sort of fake CF looking stuff. The screws holding the end cap are quality allen screws which I put some anti-seize on before installation.

It came with 2 sets of baffles, 2 for use with the enclosed USFS approved spark arrester and 2 with stubby ends that stick out about an inch. The sets are, a long standard one and a short (presumably) louder one. I could hardly tell the standard one was any louder than stock, tomorrow I think I will try the short one to hear the difference.

It also came with a rubber plug with a little flag thing on it, to keep water out during washing (washing ?) and a Leo Vince large desktop mouse pad. The box looked like somebody with OCD (maybe I have a twin in Italy) had packed it. This appears to be a first rate quality kit!

Schlim66

PS. Kudos to Scott at TREmx! (he is still selling these at $307)

schlim66 screwed with this post 11-04-2009 at 08:59 PM
schlim66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:28 AM   #202
robbiedobbie
Robbiemyboy

Oddometer: 242
Oly Flyer

Mate, You happy with the Pipe. Sounds tops i reckon
Old 11-15-2009, 04:46 AM   #203
olyflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiedobbie
Mate, You happy with the Pipe. Sounds tops i reckon
still waiting bit remote up here and it's WA (wait Awhile) not long now....

feel like blackboard talking to Miss Jane 'hurry up, hurry up!'
Old 11-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #204
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,809
I will be 'donating' my bike to Terry Kelly at TK Pipes for a week or so shortly so that he can design a pipe for the X series of bikes if anyone is interested in the result.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #205
Lankbrown
No Pain No Gain

Oddometer: 63
Staintune

Brought the Staintune Exhaust and found it really loud under accelleration. Staintune was only concerned that is complied with the EPA standards. They did supplied a new plug which I decided to modify after speeking via email to some guys in the USA. Made the modification which reduced the pitch of the sound without reducing exhaust flow.

Works really well, the note is deeper and the engine revs as freely as with the standard staintune.

Happy Xchallenge rider.
Lankbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #206
olyflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Damn I don't have the LV yet wont be shipped from the US till tomorrow so hopefully before Xmas!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 03:22 AM   #207
olyflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Got the LV put the short end cap with the spark arrester sounds loud but just need to put on a new sprocket then I'm off for the weekend see how loud it is on a ride, fits well just that the carbon fiber covers came with the wrong size bolts I'll just throw some 6mm bolts in tomorrow then all sweet
Old 02-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #208
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,406
dbDawg and cheap Leo Vince on sale

1) The dbDawg from HydeRacing or DirtWerkz . Anybody tried it yet? Tried it on an LV? Does it fit with the spark arrestor? Which one to buy?
It is an insert into the rear of the exhaust muffler, but apparently is not that restrictive overall (it is NOT a simple plug).

It says it reduces sound by 6db avg (up to 10db max), at least on race bikes, its intended application. I wonder what exhausts it will fit and how well it works, anybody tried it? Give us a report!
Every 10db is approximately a doubling of loudness so that is quite a bit actually. The BMW's control for FI is so smart, what do you think it would do as far as performance and gas mileage? just curious.

2) As previously mentioned, the price has gone up a bit I guess from before Christmas, but...
I just ordered a Leo Vince exhaust muffler for the *cheap* price of $347 with free shipping !!! from TreMX.com which is a sale price beyond their normal discount.

I was looking for an exhaust muffler that: reduces the bulk, removes the catalytic converter and its side effects including heat, and for me it must be as *QUIET* as the stock setup as possible. My conclusion is the Leo Vince fits the bill the best. There may be issues with it being close to a water hose but that seems solvable. Maybe partially with the next item?

3) Exhaust heat wrap by HeatshieldProducts in particular this Lava wrap style that has the carbon fiber look to match the LV shield and the black 08 Xcountry bike. I plan on using it from the LV muffler to past the rubber hose area perhaps, we'll see. I understand the best way to attach it is with stainless safety wire? Somebody mentioned this, did you try it? photos? tips?

Someone reported that their gas mileage IMPROVED by 25% when installing the LV on it. Is this because of the fancy FI controller on these bikes as normally on an old carb bike I always thot that more airflow meant more fuel usage hence worse mileage? Please educate me :)

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!

snooker screwed with this post 02-26-2010 at 03:21 PM
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #209
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Steve, Well, by Dirt Hugger's description, it sounds like the LeoVince will be too loud for me.. let's see what Staintune does..
So Gadget Boy, I just got a Leo Vince, was curious what *you* ended up buying and your review of it?

I also am looking for QUIET. What is your overall understanding? The quietest spec on Staintune seems to be 90 db vs. 94 db for Leo Vince, I think I read. But is this an idle or midrange sound level? ...as people are talking about how frickin LOUD the Staintune is at high rpm.

Also wondered if you have considered a dbDawg, I know nothing about it. See the slightly earlier posts... -matt

snooker screwed with this post 02-26-2010 at 03:41 PM
Old 02-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #210
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Power curve chart for Leo Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Kool
I found this graph on the website of LeoVince.
That old link for the power curve chart for the Leo Vince exhaust doesn't work and I cannot parla Italiano... could you try to find another one please? thanks!