ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
Dr Shafty OP
hero in my own mind
 
Dr Shafty's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Flagstaff
Oddometer: 47
Garmin 2820 and XM radio

just got my GXM-40 puck. Been a subscriber to Sirius et/al for a long time, putting aside their awful and getting worse customer service, satellite radio to me is invaluable for long stretches of interstate.
How is the XM controlled from the 2820?
thanks in advance.
__________________
...'excitable boy'...
2004 1150GSA
Dr Shafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:05 AM   #2
9Dave
Bazinga!
 
9Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 12,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Shafty View Post
just got my GXM-40 puck. Been a subscriber to Sirius et/al for a long time, putting aside their awful and getting worse customer service, satellite radio to me is invaluable for long stretches of interstate.
How is the XM controlled from the 2820?
thanks in advance.
Might want to check compatibility if you haven't already. The gxm30 was the prior unit, and I believe worked with the 2820. Not sure if the 40 is backward compatible. The units were installed and operated from the units menus.
__________________


dunno.....

9Dave screwed with this post 04-12-2014 at 04:34 AM
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
Dr Shafty OP
hero in my own mind
 
Dr Shafty's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Flagstaff
Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Dave View Post
Might want to check compatibility if you haven't already. The gxm30 was the prior unit, and I believe worked with the 2820. Not sure if the 40 is backward compatible. The units were installed and operated from the units menus.
thanks. GXM40 is compatible, I haven't activated the XM subscription yet. Looking over the menus and etc haven't figured out how the radio side would be controlled. Weather yes. MP3 yes.
I'll activate it this afternoon, and will know soon enough.
__________________
...'excitable boy'...
2004 1150GSA
Dr Shafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:31 PM   #4
JR356
Beastly Adventurer
 
JR356's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Way out West
Oddometer: 3,312
http://www.gpsinformation.org/penrod/2820/sp2820.html

Lots of info here with screen shots.
Scroll about 3/4 way down the page,it talks about the XM functions.
When you get to the music player screen you use the source button to toggle,you may not be able to get the XM screen until the antenna is plugged in.

JR356
JR356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #5
Dr Shafty OP
hero in my own mind
 
Dr Shafty's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Flagstaff
Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR356 View Post
http://www.gpsinformation.org/penrod/2820/sp2820.html

Lots of info here with screen shots.
Scroll about 3/4 way down the page,it talks about the XM functions.
When you get to the music player screen you use the source button to toggle,you may not be able to get the XM screen until the antenna is plugged in.

JR356
__________________
...'excitable boy'...
2004 1150GSA
Dr Shafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:25 PM   #6
Dr Shafty OP
hero in my own mind
 
Dr Shafty's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Flagstaff
Oddometer: 47
Check Antenna

SO, activated the XM subscription, plugged in the GXM 40, and got... 'Check Antenna'.
Arghh.
Garmin tech support 45 min on hold at this time..
__________________
...'excitable boy'...
2004 1150GSA
Dr Shafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014