Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2007, 03:07 AM   #1
flyingdragons9999 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Question All NEW 2008 RT coming?

Another Bike Show is coming...

NEC Bike Show announces star-studded line-up of celebrities and big-name riders to attend

15 November 2007 - News & Reviews - Industry News

With only eight days to go until the International Motorcycle and Scooter Show arrives at the NEC Birmingham (23rd Nov - 2nd Dec), the organisers have announced an all-star line-up of big-name riders and celebrities due to attend the Show, including World Superbike Champion James Toseland, British Superbike (BSB) star Chris Walker, The Long Way Down's Charley Boorman, legendary motorsport commentator Murray Walker, The BBC's Hairy Bikers as well as a host of other racers from MotoGP, World Superbike and BSB.

This year's Show will have more than enough bike-related entertainment to fill a visitor's day three times over. And now in addition to the awesome line-up of new 2008 bikes from the major manufacturers, interactive features to keep the adrenaline pumping and breathtaking stunt shows to keep the crowds enthralled, visitors can look out for their biking heroes and celebrities as they sign autographs and mingle with the crowds.

Will BMW introduce the all new 2008 R1200RT?
flyingdragons9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:09 AM   #2
mac62
One more thin gypsy thief

Oddometer: 4,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdragons9999

NEC Bike Show announces star-studded line-up of celebrities and big-name riders to attend

With only eight days to go until the International Motorcycle and Scooter Show arrives at the NEC Birmingham (23rd Nov - 2nd Dec), the organisers have announced an all-star line-up of big-name riders and celebrities due to attend the Show, including World Superbike Champion James Toseland, British Superbike (BSB) star Chris Walker, The Long Way Down's Charley Boorman, legendary motorsport commentator Murray Walker, The BBC's Hairy Bikers as well as a host of other racers from MotoGP, World Superbike and BSB.

This year's Show will have more than enough bike-related entertainment to fill a visitor's day three times over. And now in addition to the awesome line-up of new 2008 bikes from the major manufacturers, interactive features to keep the adrenaline pumping and breathtaking stunt shows to keep the crowds enthralled, visitors can look out for their biking heroes and celebrities as they sign autographs and mingle with the crowds.

Stuck in Italy

You going?
mac62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:11 AM   #3
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,055
Quote:

BMW doesn't typically update a model after just three years, but who knows?
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:18 AM   #4
flyingdragons9999 OP
Adventurer

Thumb Place your BET...

Official rumors are running around since last 2 months...

BMW wanna to revamp the RT in 2008 by introducing the all new model.

Let's wait for the good news!

8 days to GO!!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:28 AM   #5
flyingdragons9999 OP
Adventurer

Cool2 NEC News Release...

BMW Motorrad will be presenting a total of six new models for the first time in the UK at the NEC. Along with the stunning high-tech HP2 Sport, visitors to the BMW stand will also be able to see the long awaited F 800 GS - the completely new middleweight adventure tourer, together with its all-new sibling, the F 650 GS. The ever popular R 1200 GS and Adventure have been updated for 2008 offering more power, fresh dynamic looks and new technologies. Rounding off their display of brand new machinery will be the all-new G 450 X Sports Enduro, an innovative, no-compromise enduro racer, that is also totally street legal.

Tony Jakeman, BMW Motorrad Marketing Manager commented; "This year's NEC Show is looking to be one of the biggest and best ever for BMW and, as in previous years, it will be the first opportunity for the UK public to see BMW's exciting 2008 range with six brand new bikes."

Let's wait and see...

More BETS...?!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:28 AM   #6
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,441
The U.K is obsessed with sportsbikes. Wouldn't surprise me to see the new K1000 there.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:45 AM   #7
flyingdragons9999 OP
Adventurer

New K1000?? Any new BETS? Any taker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul thompson
The U.K is obsessed with sportsbikes. Wouldn't surprise me to see the new K1000 there.
Hmmm, BMW AG marketing currently still have a tough time to "push" their 4-cylinder bikes to the world...

R&D for 1000cc at this moment of time, fade hope...

BMW AG are now 100% focus to maximize their profits based on the flat 2 machine!

Do you notice that BMW bike price lately is going up, up and away?!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:58 AM   #8
flyingdragons9999 OP
Adventurer

Cool2 Old Tricks...

BMW is acquiring MV Agusta in 2007.

MV Agusta has 1000cc 4-cylinder technology

Remember? Land Rover -> 2 years later -> BMW X3, X5
Old 11-15-2007, 07:51 AM   #9
Anorak
Woolf Barnato

Oddometer: 32,222
Quote:
BMW is acquiring MV Agusta in 2007.

MV Agusta has 1000cc 4-cylinder technology

Remember? Land Rover -> 2 years later -> BMW X3, X5
My understanding is that Castiglioni sold Husqvarna to allow him to keep M.V. If you look at the technology that BMW uses in its S.U.V. versus what Rover uses and look at the money BMW lost in the purchase and sale of Rover. I don't think Rover was of any use to them. M.V. builds beautiful fast motorcycles but the technology is prosaic very well refined but nothing out of the ordinary. Okay, Mini just came to mind. That has worked very well for BMW and I think it was part of the Rover acquisition but BMW built a completely new Mini from the ground up.

"they live off the carrion of our mutual distrust and bribe us with symbols that equate hatred with manhood."

"I mean at the end of the day, I was addicted to Starting Fluid for Christ's sake!"

"Yeah, that guy sure is terrible at touching moms"
Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:24 AM   #10
chiefrider
Chrome won't get you home

Oddometer: 2,226
To hell with a new RT....

....give me a revamping of the ugly-as-a-hickey-on-a-hemorrhoid R1200ST!

Tom
Old 11-15-2007, 08:26 AM   #11
Mike Butt
Agent Provocateur

Oddometer: 55,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefrider
....give me a revamping of the ugly-as-a-hickey-on-a-hemorrhoid R1200ST!

Tom
With a core of the old R100RS.
Adventure Rider #799
Mike Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:29 PM   #12
flyingdragons9999 OP
Adventurer

Thumb Corporation Sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluorescentbrown
My understanding is that Castiglioni sold Husqvarna to allow him to keep M.V. If you look at the technology that BMW uses in its S.U.V. versus what Rover uses and look at the money BMW lost in the purchase and sale of Rover. I don't think Rover was of any use to them. M.V. builds beautiful fast motorcycles but the technology is prosaic very well refined but nothing out of the ordinary. Okay, Mini just came to mind. That has worked very well for BMW and I think it was part of the Rover acquisition but BMW built a completely new Mini from the ground up.
Corporation Culture

You got a point. For a public listed company, you need to please all your shareholders by "chopping" off non profit making subsidiaries.

For BMW AG, in order to show the world they are coming into SUV or 4WD sector, they must prove to their shareholders that they have the "technology" ready. During that time, where can you acquire immediate 4x4 technology? -> Land Rover.

FYI, one of the 4x4 features, Hill Descent Control (HDC) by Land Rover. Now installed in X3 and X5.

Mini story... hmmm, let's come back to Motorrad stories

BMW wanna to come into 1000cc 4-cylinder market then they have "no" choice but to acquire MV Agusta for many many reasons. Bear in mind, MV Agusta has the "potential" technologies (mainly engines) to PAR or better than other rivals (especially Ducati)

Back to the all new R1200RT in 2008...

Please continue to place your BET
Old 11-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,055
After thinking about this a little more my bet is the RT will be upgraded slightly - a little more horsepower, maybe some minor bodywork and/or feature changes. But it won't be all new.
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #14
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,699
I still want a new ST/RS/notanrtbutnotanseither
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #15
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller
After thinking about this a little more my bet is the RT will be upgraded slightly - a little more horsepower, maybe some minor bodywork and/or feature changes. But it won't be all new.
How about a final drive that doesn't go boom! Of course, even if they did re-engineer the final drive they would never admit the reason for doing so.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote