Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2003, 09:28 PM   #166
Bitt
Wanderlusting

Oddometer: 691
Re: Re: ADV windshield mods

Quote:
Said Flying Dutchman:
That would be the Wunderlich screen. Similar height and width, but adjustable... and cheaper than the Adv windshield
After weeks of reading this thread forward and backwards - I just couldn't take any more - broke down and ordered one of these puppies. I hope that the Flying Dutchman is getting some kick-back from Wunderlich.
Thanks... Bitt
Bitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 01:55 PM   #167
redriveral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
ztecknik windshield

I brike down and orderd the z tecknik windshield for my gs it looked like it went with the bike i'll let every one know how it does when it comes in
alan myers
02 gs
redriveral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 01:56 PM   #168
Bitt
Wanderlusting

Thumb Happiness

Well my new Wunderlich screen came the other day and have put a couple hundred miles on the bike since and....
just like the others reported it rocks!
I am 5'9" - and use it in the lowest setting - any higher I got buffeting above 55 mph. I had forgotten about the comments of reduced noise and while riding I was paying more attention to the lack of wind blast and then it hit me - I don't have the wind roar - or at least it is so much reduced that I don't think about it anymore. The combination is great, I just don't fatigue while cruising now like I did before.

Thanks for the tips - Riding the San Juan Islands today and loving it! - here are some pics.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2003, 01:58 PM   #169
Bitt
Wanderlusting

Wunderlich screen

One more....
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2003, 08:24 AM   #170
redriveral
Gnarly Adventurer

ztechnik

know tha t the weather is getting more rider freindly i.e. no ice or snow. I've been out trying my new ztechnik windsheild. It looks real good on the bike, looking at it you would think it came from the factory. mounting the windsheild on the bike requires no drilling you use the same bracket thats already on the bike and old windsheild. I put my in the middle setting and at 6'4 I find going down the highway easer on my neck at 90 and 100 mph. The wind doesnt buffet your helmont or your chest but your arms does get the buffeting but not enough to affect the ride. By the way any one who has a gs knows at 100 mph you can tell your going that fast but with this windsheild you dont notice it. I've not driven it in the rain yet to see how it does . The price was right less than $140

alan myers
02 gs
Old 03-11-2003, 08:24 AM   #171
redriveral
Gnarly Adventurer

ztechnik

know tha t the weather is getting more rider freindly i.e. no ice or snow. I've been out trying my new ztechnik windsheild. It looks real good on the bike, looking at it you would think it came from the factory. mounting the windsheild on the bike requires no drilling you use the same bracket thats already on the bike and old windsheild. I put my in the middle setting and at 6'4 I find going down the highway easer on my neck at 90 and 100 mph. The wind doesnt buffet your helmont or your chest but your arms does get the buffeting but not enough to affect the ride. By the way any one who has a gs knows at 100 mph you can tell your going that fast but with this windsheild you dont notice it. I've not driven it in the rain yet to see how it does . The price was right less than $140

alan myers
02 gs
Old 03-11-2003, 12:15 PM   #172
g_e_young
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 867
Question ztechnik

Great. I've been waiting for a review fo the ztechnik screen. Can you post a few pictures? Also, what screen did you have before? My main concern is the noise level; have you noticed an improvement?

Thanks,

grant-
g_e_young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 10:59 PM   #173
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 73,086

Quote:
Said Lucky Luke:
http://www.pbase.com/image/7742366/large

like this guy did?
That's fascinating. I wonder if it works?

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 05:23 AM   #174
ZenMaster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Re: ztechnik

Quote:
Said redriveral:

alan myers
02 gs
Please send me pm with photos and more detail of where to purchase etc. I am 6'3 and the standard GS screen kills me no matter how I adjust it. Not (m)any screen options in SA.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:40 AM   #175
Bitt
Wanderlusting

Re: Re: Re: ADV windshield mods

Quote:
Said wxwax:
Seems to me that might staighten out the wind flow but it would be like looking through a old Coke-A-Cola bottle.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:42 AM   #176
redriveral
Gnarly Adventurer

ztiknik

been riding more with the new windsheild from ztiknik in the high position and middle and above 80 mph there is no buffiting but you get this vibration in your head {I know sounds funny} unless you duck your head all the way behind the screen. Only thing is when Im going down the hwy I want to ride in a up right position on back roads crouch down a little for curves but Im not going that fast to cause any buffiting from before. When I first got the windsheild It didnt do that Im going to try it on its lowest setting to see if this improves any thing Im 6'4 if this helps any. by the way Iam wearing a shuberth helmont

thanks
alan myers
02 gs
Old 03-18-2003, 07:42 AM   #177
redriveral
Gnarly Adventurer

ztiknik

been riding more with the new windsheild from ztiknik in the high position and middle and above 80 mph there is no buffiting but you get this vibration in your head {I know sounds funny} unless you duck your head all the way behind the screen. Only thing is when Im going down the hwy I want to ride in a up right position on back roads crouch down a little for curves but Im not going that fast to cause any buffiting from before. When I first got the windsheild It didnt do that Im going to try it on its lowest setting to see if this improves any thing Im 6'4 if this helps any. by the way Iam wearing a shuberth helmont

thanks
alan myers
02 gs
Old 03-18-2003, 08:59 AM   #178
cdt45acp
Will Ride for Food

Oddometer: 104
Windshield mod

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Said Lucky Luke:
http://www.pbase.com/image/7742366/large

like this guy did?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just looked at the windshield mod pic at the website listed above. This mod looks a great deal like the Laminar lip only it is - vertically - larger that the lip. Width wise it looks pretty close.

I put my laminar lip at that hieght and it REALLY moves a LOT of air. It seemed to smooth out - for me- as I lowered it on my Aeroflow (tall) windshield....

Very interesting...

-Carl
Old 03-18-2003, 08:43 PM   #179
Harpeaux
Mega Psycho Scooter Tramp

Oddometer: 1,022
Al,

Is the Ztechnik any quieter?

Thanks,

Harpdito
Iron Butt Member #12512

Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
Harpeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 02:43 PM   #180
redriveral
Gnarly Adventurer

noise level with ztiknik

harp there isnt any significant noise reduction with the ztiknik windsheild, but then again I have a shuberth helmont wich is noisy anyway

alan myers
02 gs