User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2003, 02:43 PM   #181
redriveral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
noise level with ztiknik

harp there isnt any significant noise reduction with the ztiknik windsheild, but then again I have a shuberth helmont wich is noisy anyway

alan myers
02 gs
redriveral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 03:16 PM   #182
Harpeaux
Mega Psycho Scooter Tramp

Oddometer: 1,022
Al,

Thanks for getting back to me with that bit of info. I have a Schuberth as well, yep, LOUD helmet!

Harpeaux
Iron Butt Member #12512

Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
Harpeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:00 PM   #183
redriveral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
noise

harp the noise from the wind is a little quieter only because you can hear the engine louder now and of course the shuberth doesnt help any probley all about the same db levels hope this helps

alan myers
02 gs
redriveral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 11:16 PM   #184
impi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,243
Re: ztiknik

Quote:
Said redriveral:
.....but you get this vibration in your head {I know sounds funny} unless you duck your head all the way behind the screen.
I found the same thing with my Schuberth and the Givi screen. With the Nolan N100 I did not experience this, the Schubert is slightly larger and I figure that the larger size must push it outside the quite air bubble - leading to the vibration.
impi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 05:49 PM   #185
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 70,429
I put on the Parabellum on Sunday and went for a three hour ride. First of all, it's very tricky to put it on by yourself... trying to hold up the screen and fiddle with the little nuts (quiet in the peanut gallery) ain't easy - I ended up taping the nuts to the brackets, then screwing through, if you know what I mean.

Here are my measurements and my take on the Parabellum.

6', 32" inseam, Sargent seat, high seat setting, 1150GS.

It buffets. A lot. Quieter than my noisy Cee Bailey's, and very good at keeping the wind off the body. But concussion-inducing buffeting. Also, it's such a large, upright screen that it really seems to act as an airbrake - whether true or not, it felt like the bike was slower to accelerate.

I only bought the screen from Killen to use as a drilling test platform. If Ricky ever shares his NACA templates, I'll cut into this one first, get a feel for it, then cut holes into my rather pricey Cee Bailey's.

This makes my fifth screen. And I'm no closer to nirvana. One of these days I may break down and try Big Ugly, the Aeroflow. If that doesn't work, I may shoot myself. Perhaps the holes in my head will work like NACA ducts.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 11:21 PM   #186
wxwax
Excited Member

I forgot to mention this. It may again be my imagination, but I thought the front end felt a little lighter, less planted, as well.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 04-05-2003, 05:11 PM   #187
NYCBlueKnight
LBD4DL

Oddometer: 262
ceebaileys

Here's a shot of my ceebaileys. Steve is great with customer service and making sure i have a screen that works for me. Kudos to him. Great screen.
Attached Images

00' GS 1150 - Silver
95' HD Heritage Softtail (black and chrome - what else!!)
NYCBlueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 09:53 AM   #188
CroMag
Gelande Sauté It

Oddometer: 3,044
screen specs

Hey Blue, what's the specs on your CB? That looks like the size I'm looking for. And where the hell is your snow?

Mondo Slabo to Alabamo
CroMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 06:30 PM   #189
NYCBlueKnight
LBD4DL

Oddometer: 262
Screen Spec

I ordered the tallest and the CB standard width which is wider than stock (otherwise it hits my ascerbis handguards on a hard turn). It is the standard GS touring - not the adventurer. I like to be able to position the angle. It is the light grey color. Ask for steve at cb. tell him you want the same as barry in nyc. he knows my name. I am 6'2" and this has great coverage. attached is another shot of the screen height. hope this helps.
Attached Images

00' GS 1150 - Silver
95' HD Heritage Softtail (black and chrome - what else!!)
NYCBlueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 11:33 AM   #190
Max
generic humanoid

Oddometer: 43
Ztechnik

I posted a mini-review and a couple of pics of my Ztechnik in the equipment forum under the "Ztechnik 1150 GS" thread. I should have posted it here. Oh well, Here is a picture I didn't post in that thread to make up for it.

later,
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2003, 12:59 PM   #191
J. Lawson
Solo Cosmic Wanderer

Oddometer: 13
Aeroflow Update

I just recently completed a 4500 mile solo trip to the Southwest This was the first long ride with the Aeroflow. I rode in everything from 93 deg heat to 27 deg cold, some rain and some snow. Lot's of evil head and cross winds in Northern NM and AZ.

I remain absolutely satisfied with my Aeroflow screen. No buffeting ever, even into 40mph gusts. Never used electric clothing under my Belstaff clothing. Yes I did start to get uncomfortably warm between Phoenix and Vegas, but thankfully that part of the ride only lasted half a day.

I am 6'5" with a 33" inseam and 37" sleeve. I am very long waisted and use the tall screen. I only got nailed by a few bugs in the top of my Schuberth, my feet and the sides of my lower legs. The screen gets most of the bugs, including a fair amount that get sucked behind the screen and slide up the inside to their fate.

I hope this doesn't sound too much like a testimonial but by golly, I'm a satisfied customer...
J. Lawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:33 PM   #192
Lashito
Wanderlusterer

Oddometer: 53
Question Little Wing Thing

Man, I've got the GSAdventure and have been trying to figure out a good solution to the wind. When I'm in the twisties and around town, I like my screen. When I'm on the Interstate, I hate it. Though not usually on the Interstate, when I am, it's for long periods of time, giving me time to really, really hate the noise and buffeting.

I prefer to sit pretty tall on the bike most of the time, so I've got full-on air on my helmet. Over 70 it gets annoying, and over 90 a real pain. But when I hold my hand up sideways over the screen, it is MUCH better. Which got me thinking about the little clip on screen/spoiler/wing thing shown earlier in this thread. I think it would work about perfect, and I could attach it when I hit the Interstate, remove it the rest of the time. But, when I go to the manufacture's site, it's all in German, and I can't find the wing.

Anyone got any advice? Anyone know of another like product I could try?

If I can't get something like this to work, cheap, I'm going to have to take the truck on my long, gotta get there quick, trips. Or buy a taller shield, but I like mine except at high speed. It would be a whole lot cooler to ride.

Cheers...
Lashito
Lashito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:59 PM   #193
Killen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 893
Aeroflow is the Answer

The Aeroflow will solve the problems you are describing. period.

Love what it has done for me.

Killen
Attached Images

Killen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 02:02 PM   #194
BeeCeeGS
WeaponOfMassDestruction

Oddometer: 1,756
Re: Little Wing Thing

Quote:
Said Lashito:
I prefer to sit pretty tall on the bike most of the time, so I've got full-on air on my helmet. Over 70 it gets annoying, and over 90 a real pain. But when I hold my hand up sideways over the screen, it is MUCH better. Which got me thinking about the little clip on screen/spoiler/wing thing shown earlier in this thread. I think it would work about perfect, and I could attach it when I hit the Interstate, remove it the rest of the time. But, when I go to the manufacture's site, it's all in German, and I can't find the wing.
I notice the same thing when I hold my hand up over the screen, but having tried slightly higher screens without much improvement, I think it may have more to do with my arm being in a different position. YMMV.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:31 PM   #195
wxwax
Excited Member

If you guys ae talking about the Touratech spoiler, I have one and it doesn't make a bit of difference.

However, don't take my word for it - buy it from me and find out for yourself.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan