Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #706
JSD
old and crumbly

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick danger
Looks great!
Thanks Rick, I am pleased with the look and performance. Buffetting and noise are now tolerable. I did a quick 80MPH run on the interstate near here and I could hear my music- not pssible with either the factory or Cee B screens. Best of all I didnt feel as though my helmet was being pulled off my head. I think there is more air travelling up the underside of the screen, which I suspect helps smooth things out.
JSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #707
Rich
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
My answer was Givi and winglets

Finally able to test my setup today. I'm 5'10" with 34" inseam, and I found my answer! I see a couple of threads where the Givi didn't work for others, but it did the trick for me. I put in a 75 mile test ride today and the buffeting is gone! I'm not sure it would work for a taller person, if I raise up an inch the noise increases tenfold. It works perfect for me.

Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:13 PM   #708
Dave T.
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Tobinators and TT windshield brace

I've just put on Tobinators and a Laminar Lip. Seems to have cleaned up the air. I am getting more "flutter" off the top of the windsceen. Has anyone tried using a TT windshield brace with Tobinators? Don't know if the two would mesh o fight each other. I contacted TT and the fellow that replied hadn't heard of Tobinators...so no help there.

Does anyone have the dimensions of the the TT windscreen Brace?
Dave T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:07 PM   #709
stockoboy
is a littel dixxlexic

Oddometer: 4
BMW must do some sort of wind tunnel tests on different windscreens & their postions. Is there anywhere we can view these results.

I'm sure this sort of thing would be invaluable info to everyone.

Rob
stockoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #710
flyrodder
Donny, please.

Oddometer: 3,066
Just finished installing wingletts and a Givi screen. Really impressed with both. Like others, I can't belive the difference the wingletts make. The turbulent air between the rider and the screen is virtually gone. I rode about 10 miles this evening (cold -- about 32 with 25 mph north winds) and it was pretty good. Soooo much better than stock for me.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #711
Mika S
JC & MC: Double Freedom

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
OK, is the "CB enhanced wind protection system" (from the web site) The same shield that people are calling the +6 +3 , or whatever? I see three R1200GS shields from CB.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/1200gsepws.html

This is the one I am kind of interested in and can't find a review on it. It looks to me when used with the optional winglets that it could be as good as an aeroflow.
The Enhanced one includes an aluminum support bracket (like the GSA), so I suppose it can take up some moderate off road, too. Also, the wind wings are included (you can order without the wind wings though, if you like).
I just ordered the (expensive) Enhanced 22" high x 18 " wide, including the Wind wings.
I'm 6'2" with 35" inseam, and I'm looking for a quieter ride compared to the stock GS screen.
Right now it's 10 deg. C below freezing (14F), so I won't be able to test it before the roads are free from ice
But I look forward to great rides this summer!
Mika S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:13 PM   #712
Max
generic humanoid

Oddometer: 43
CEE BEE enhanced wind protection system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika S
The Enhanced one includes an aluminum support bracket (like the GSA), so I suppose it can take up some moderate off road, too. Also, the wind wings are included (you can order without the wind wings though, if you like).
I just ordered :Milly the (expensive) Enhanced 22" high x 18 " wide, including the Wind wings.
I'm 6'2" with 35" inseam, and I'm looking for a quieter ride compared to the stock GS screen.
Right now it's 10 deg. C below freezing (14F), so I won't be able to test it before the roads are free from ice
But I look forward to great rides this summer!:ROFL
Mike,

Welcome to the forum, I ended up ordering the same system as you and have already installed it. It looks good and is well made.

The installation fought me more then I thought it should, in particular the locking hubs (Knobs) I still have to practically take the Shield off to adjust the thing up and down. I haven't installed the wind wings yet due to the fact I'm not totally sure I'm going to keep the shield yet and i don't want to drill holes in the bike and then not keep the shield. I haven't had a chance to take it out for a decent ride yet, as it is January in Chicago. I am going to reserve my final judgments until spring. I look forward to hearing what you think about your setup and if you are having the same fitment issues I have.

Good Luck,

Mark
Old 01-21-2007, 12:47 AM   #713
MagpieGoose
StuffThisI'mOff4aRide

Oddometer: 353
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Finally able to test my setup today. I'm 5'10" with 34" inseam, and I found my answer! I see a couple of threads where the Givi didn't work for others, but it did the trick for me. I put in a 75 mile test ride today and the buffeting is gone! I'm not sure it would work for a taller person, if I raise up an inch the noise increases tenfold. It works perfect for me.

Same
+1... I'm 6'3 and It worked wonders by cutting wind noise in half. I ride most of the time with my visor up.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #714
riderbob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 956
I have the winglets and the Touratech spoiler. My only complaint before was the wind noise and this has been my solution. Works well. I'm 6 ft and it is now quiet with no buffeting. Not as quiet as my former RT though, although nothing coould ever be that good.

Works for me, but obviously doesn't work for everybody.

Cheers,
Old 02-20-2007, 09:45 AM   #715
boxerdad
Ol' fart

Oddometer: 40
hard parts

I put on a Givi shield on my 1200 GS. I figured I would replace the plastic mounts with Touratech Hard parts. The instructions that came with them said the two parts were different. They look the same and don't have any markings for L or R. So I put them on and noticed the screws were not in straight but at a slight angle. I switched them around and sure enough the screws went in straight. It would be nice if they marked them so you don't have to do the trial-and-error method.
boxerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:23 AM   #716
Mika S

Boxerdad, I believe the hard parts are a mirror image of each other.

I broke BOTH of my OEM parts and need replacement before I can install my CB system. (Just in case anybody has a few extras lying around .)
Old 02-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #717
Mika S

Mark, I'd go and install the wind wings anyway. I mean even if you were not to keep the shield, you might consider keeping the wings. See the testimonials above how the wind wings have affected a few guy's aerodynamics...

EDIT: I mean. See thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151722

We too have a cold season, so it might take a month or two before I can give you any ride reports. Let's keep in touch.

Mika S screwed with this post 02-22-2007 at 10:26 AM
Old 02-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #718
boxerdad
Ol' fart

Oddometer: 40
winglets

The winglets I ordered finally came in (BTW the cost was $70 not $45 quoted in a thread last year). Took my time and got them installed and looking good. Ready to take a test ride soon when I break a toe tripping over some furniture in the dark for crying out loud-- this is going to turn into a JM post. I'm hoping to be operational Monday. Hoping it doesn't rain, snow, hail, trip over the dog......
boxerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:17 PM   #719
TANKSADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
I'm 6'4" 60 " chest and I'm taking a beating.. I ready to remove shield .. any suggestions for a 1200 GSA
TANKSADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:15 AM   #720
panzerphil
Freelance Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Anyone tried one of these MRA Vario Touring screens for the 1200?.

Any reviews, comments on it?

Name:  R1200GS_04_VT.jpg
Views: 1869
Size:  9.2 KB