Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2002, 11:13 AM   #121
Red Bull
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
Quote:
Originally posted by chadhargis
Ah yes...the BMW Adventure mounts work WELL! The screen is so wide it even knocks some of the wind off my shoulders. I feel like I'm riding my RT again (with the plastic removed and many pounds lighter).

Fine job....
I was never quite sure, but I think the new Adventure add-on to the front spoiler was to compensate for the much wider gas tank. Since I just mounted the adventure gas tank on my R11 GS, I can see that more wind can be cought UNDER this larger tank, so I am windering if you think this add-on does channel ait better arround (below) the gas tank, and if thiere seems like a way it could be added to to an R1100 GS (that is quute a bit larger than the R1150 GS)??

John@MyHomeWebSite.com
'97 BMW R1100 GSA "RED BULL" - Sonoma, CA
'Where ever you go, there you are" - Buckaroo Bonzai
Red Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 12:43 PM   #122
chadhargis
Too tall for sportbikes

Oddometer: 2,101
I can testify that the Adventure brackets make a BIG difference. Still get enough airflow around the sides to stay cool (unlike the Aeroflow abomination), yet you get a big enough bubble of calm air that you can be comfortable. I'm glad I didn't shell out $400 for the Aeroflow. For a lot less money, I got a shield that does what I want it to.

Now...for winter riding...I might just break down and get the Aeroflow.
Old 08-11-2002, 03:25 PM   #123
jonny
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
dieserto rally

nice forum i would like to add comments on the touratech fairing since you have no comments already how could i do this thanks
jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 07:01 PM   #124
cdt45acp
Will Ride for Food

Oddometer: 104
Wudo/MRA/VArio-Screen...

I have one of these for sale...

Originally posted by wxwax
The Varioscreen can be bought online from Germany for $158.

Here's the link.

http://www.boxer-design.de/en/Varioscreeen1150.htm

It shows a price of $130. When I enquired, they told me my order was ready for $158 (presumably the difference is the shipping cost.) Pretty aggressive, since I hadn't actually ordered anything. Still haven't.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used it for about 2 months and went with a tall aeroflow for keeps. I would part with my slightly used unit for $100USD. Any bug schiesse still on it is free...
cdt45acp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 04:33 PM   #125
jeffva
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Anyone tried a Cee & Bailey screen?

Hey I saw an ad for Cee & Bailey's (found in August 2002 BMW On magazine) I'm wondering if anyone has tried one of these screens? I've got an '01 R1150GS and this company offers (3) different styles, with hts up to 8" taller than stock and also wider ones. They'll even trim down and repolish a purchased screen for $30........ anyone try one of these yet? www.ceebaileys.com/bmw
Old 08-29-2002, 04:36 PM   #126
jschnitz
Freeway Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Re: Anyone tried a Cee & Bailey screen?

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffva
Hey I saw an ad for Cee & Bailey's (found in August 2002 BMW On magazine) I'm wondering if anyone has tried one of these screens? I've got an '01 R1150GS and this company offers (3) different styles, with hts up to 8" taller than stock and also wider ones. They'll even trim down and repolish a purchased screen for $30........ anyone try one of these yet? www.ceebaileys.com/bmw
Yeah,

There are lots of reports on them. Use teh search feature at teh bottom of the page and type in ceebaileys. I am sure you will find a lot. I do not have one yet..

Jason
jschnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 08:22 PM   #127
Butch True
wdchuck

Oddometer: 8
Windscreens/ Jim, I havent seen a comment abouth the windscreen glow taking out night vision. Try on a black night raising you hand to block the windsceen glow,,, amazing,,, stars and everything!! Waddiya think????
Butch True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 02:52 PM   #128
hutchman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 834
Is windscreen glow anything like afterglow?
IBA #11656

"We are past the worst of it" - Yours truely.
hutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 12:41 PM   #129
Rider
Moderator Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,893
Cee Baileys

I'm considering a Cee Baileys windscreen for my GS and have visited their web site. But for some reason their shopping cart doesn't appear on the BMW page. WTF?
Old 12-15-2002, 05:14 PM   #130
Airtire
Major Spammer //////

Click on the pictures and it takes you there.

Cee Baileys GS Page
Airtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 05:15 PM   #131
Rider
Moderator Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,893

Thanks, Airtire ...
Old 01-01-2003, 10:52 PM   #132
Breezo
Misadventurer

Oddometer: 172
Eureka..the perfect solution!!!!!!

After using the standard screen (brain turned to jelly) and buying a BMW GSA screen ($500+ Aust!!!) and having brain only slightly less jelly like...I threw both away so ...voila...no screen!!! Well, yes, I know others have done this but why didn't they say the improvement is FANTASTIC!! OK, so there's dead air up to my shoulders (I'm 6' even and, as for my inseam, since I'm an aussie I'm toooo poor to own one), there's turbulence at the top of my shoulders/neck/lower helmet and then...whacko!! clean jetstream on 99% of my helmet....WOW...no more being bashed around the head with a bat anymore...and I'm not deaf after every ride!!! Ok, so I've got a 3.2 diff, love very tight and turny roads and rarely sit on more than about 70mph (they shoot you here for speeds above that!!!) so what's my intelligent input...well, maybe I was going the wrong way going for a taller windscreen that just increases the amount of compressed air bursting over the top of the screen and therefore creating even more turbulence.. increasing the height may have been self defeating..the increased height being offset by the increased amount of turbulent air trying to get over it..who knows?? now if I could just buy a REALLY good looking super small screen in carbon fibre or maybe paint the silver thingy black (yes, mines a FAST one in black!!!) or..any suggestions guys????? and the final advantage..when I get the $$$ for my super low RK protapers..no clearance problems!!
Breezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 11:12 PM   #133
fish
Banned

Oddometer: 47,709
Quote:
Said BMW Rider:

Thanks, Airtire ...
was this some sort of setup?

If not, what is the 2003 Advrider group buy discount at Cee Baileys, airtire?

I know I need a #3 for the RT (that'll have to come off in the spring) and I noticed that Steves151 is still running an Aerothin.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 04:21 PM   #134
Airtire
Major Spammer //////

Get some numbers together and we can talk.

When we have some time, we are going to play around with something the size of the Aeroflow in a one piece dealy for the GS.
Airtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 05:19 PM   #135
NYCBlueKnight
LBD4DL

Oddometer: 262
ceebaileys - i should have posted here

Sorry reprinting this here. Started my own thread before I saw this one.

Anyone have any thoughts on CeeBaileys. I just got my screen after waiting 6 weeks. I have an 01 1150GS - was using the Ermax before with good sucess/comfort. I am 6'2", 34 inseam. Thought the CB would be better in the GSA so I got 4" taller and 2" wider than stock GSA as per Steve's recommendation at CB.

Well, first, their "OEM conversion" is only the BWM OEM rubber supports. All screws were non OEM and Phillips style and not allen key style like BWM. Plus, the philliips head screws looked used and worn on the threads - some were even silver, not black on the head. I called Steve and he said they don't give BMW screws b/c they are too expensive. Then why did I pay him $70 for the conversion kit??

Next, my ascerbis hand guards hit the screen on a left turn lock out (right turn does not hit). I had advised Steve of this (as it was posted on this site before) when ordering and he said no problem....even more of a "no problem" since I have the touratech steering stop installed. Well, it hits!!

Next, the angle of the screen (which is not adjustable) send the air, like a ramp, right up into my face. Second, the screen flaps around/flutter/vibrates at the top in the wind - an I'm only talking at 40-50mph. Higher speed suck too.

Maybe the regular GS wider screen from CB would have been a better choice which is adjustable. I'm returning this one...and hopefully, they will credit it toward the GS style one, as I will give them a second chance. Any thoughts.
NYCBlueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote