Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
and a picture
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #1337
blown7.3lps
Brian

Oddometer: 645
laminar lip or should i do the torbinators? i have the stock windshield on my 1150 adv. have the Sargent low seat. 6ft

i know doing both would prob be a good option. but to only do one, wich would u do?
blown7.3lps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #1338
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Meter
Thanks For that Lonestar ,I could of guessed it wouldn't be that easy.
I am getting ready to chop that windscreen. I am chopping it at the point where the widest point tapers back into the screen. Will try to round it. The way it sits I have butt loads of turbulence, and a bunch of noise. I can't drop the screen any because of the way I have my Rox Risers. The are situated straight up, not pulled back like most folks. As you can see from the picture I am a big guy.

For the winter I will put on a GSA screen that I have.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #1339
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by blown7.3lps
laminar lip or should i do the torbinators? i have the stock windshield on my 1150 adv. have the Sargent low seat. 6ft

i know doing both would prob be a good option. but to only do one, wich would u do?
Torbinators!! I have them and love them!! You may need a bit taller screen but they will help a ton!

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #1340
DaiGestive
Trainee Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Can one of you FF give me a definitive answer. What should I buy for a 2009 1200GSA?

6'4. 33in inside leg.

Speak...

Thank you...

DaiGestive screwed with this post 08-05-2010 at 12:20 PM Reason: Adding additional detail.
DaiGestive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #1341
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiGestive
Can one of you FF give me a definitive answer. What should I buy?

6'4. 33in inside leg.

Speak...

Thank you...
R1200RT

I was not satisfied until I got an Aeroflow for my R1200GS. I now have a "cone of silence." I'm about an inch and a half shorter than you, but I ride with my seat in the high position.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:49 AM   #1342
LoCoMatt
Busy

Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_GS
Well I have gone for a little test ride, and I am a believer.

The bike: R1200GS, Givi DT330 screen, ADV winglets, ADV beak extension (OEM). No tank bars or spotlights (yet). Seat in the lowest setting, no bar risers, OEM handguards.

No buffeting, markedly reduced wind noise, a lot less wind pressure but still some airflow. Good stuff
+1 here. I'm a believer too. Just installed a Givi D330ST last night on my '05 12GS, rode into work today.

50 miles of mostly highway, took it up to about 80 and only then did I feel any turbulence. Could even ride with the shield up in the '60's. I haven't fiddled with the angle at all (it's 1 click above the lowest setting), so that may take care of it at 80+ (or maybe I should just slow down)?

I have the winglets on order, so those should only make the experience better.

The barn door parabellum is going back ... problem solved.

6', 30" inseam, seat on upper setting, all stock.
LoCoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #1343
Chris_GS
I like a big pair...

Oddometer: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTinNC
Torbinators!! I have them and love them!! You may need a bit taller screen but they will help a ton!
I ended up fitting a GSA screen and a spoiler to my stock R1150 GS. It was the best out there.

VFR800 (VFR# 7)
Chris_GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #1344
mkletecka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANNABEEmer
Just put on the (way too expensive) Flowjet of Wundermilch. Have to say that I am truly happy with it as long as stay under 140 km/h (87 m/h) it is really good. Still have the winglets attached don't know if they are of any help.

But in the winter it would be cold and very wet when raining so don't know yet if I keep it like this or put the original back on.
Similar experience! IMHO, After using the Flowjet (great looking piece) on a 200+ mile day of freeway, backroads etc., I decided, "with out a doubt" to go back to the stock screen. This was due to increased buffeting I had with the Flowjet while going around various trucks / cars on the freeway (I could only imagine how bad it could get with a good headwind). Anyway, I think the Flowjet would/might be better for offroad use/no freeways or highspeed work.

Mike K.
Dana Point, CA.
mkletecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #1345
pastor passum
Reverend Noob

Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkletecka
Similar experience! IMHO, After using the Flowjet (great looking piece) on a 200+ mile day of freeway, backroads etc., I decided, "with out a doubt" to go back to the stock screen. This was due to increased buffeting I had with the Flowjet while going around various trucks / cars on the freeway (I could only imagine how bad it could get with a good headwind). Anyway, I think the Flowjet would/might be better for offroad use/no freeways or highspeed work.

Mike K.
Dana Point, CA.
Couldn't disagree more. I guess it depends on several things such as your height, type helmet you wear, angle of the shield etc.

This pic was taken about halfway through a 6,500 mile trip through the Canadian Rockies from North Carolina. I've used the flowJet for about 5 years now, just replacing it with the stock screen during the Winter as it keeps more wind off my chest. The FlowJet (for me) causes much less buffeting and thus a quieter ride than the stock screen and is much cooler in the Summer.

The trip to the Rockies was a mixture of Interstate and back roads, doing several 800 mile days and one day across Montana on Rt. 2 where speeds rarely dropped below 90 MPH. I love it...plus it looks good on the GS IMHO.

Jim
pastor passum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:32 AM   #1346
mkletecka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Couldn't disagree more. I guess it depends on several things such as your height, type helmet you wear, angle of the shield etc.

Well, there you have it! Like you said, it could be seat height, helmet or both.

Enjoy the ride and the Flowjet!!!!!

Kind Regards;
Mike K.
mkletecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:46 AM   #1347
WANNABEEmer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Yep guys it ain't perfect the flowjet but it is quiet and looks stunning!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:44 AM   #1348
blown7.3lps
Brian

Oddometer: 645
was that the TT spoiler or the Laminar wind deflector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_GS
I ended up fitting a GSA screen and a spoiler to my stock R1150 GS. It was the best out there.
blown7.3lps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #1349
bobbybob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Givi

Just my 2 cents--I recently put the new Givi AF330 on my 2010 GS and it is truly amazing. I also have an RT and the GS is now 95% as good as the RT on wind protection (upper body, anyway). I never expected to get this quiet a ride on my new GS. I can raise my face shield at 70 and the air is calm. Its a winner!

FYI, I am 6'0" with 31" inseam. The shield works well regardless of where I set the height! I esp. like the cost savings vs. the Aeroflow, which I was THIS close to ordering.
bobbybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #1350
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybob
FYI, I am 6'0" with 31" inseam. The shield works well regardless of where I set the height! I esp. like the cost savings vs. the Aeroflow, which I was THIS close to ordering.
Are you using it with or without winglets?
cug is offline   Reply With Quote