Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #5086
alpi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Twin View Post
I been looking through the threads and can't find the wheel bearing dimensions, and i know I have seen it posted several times. Once I find that I am looking for a good place to order bearings on-line.
There's a spreadsheet (compiled by Muddler some time ago) which is now maintained here. I hope it helps and maybe one day could be moved to a more visible place... look on the wheels page (2nd out of 3 pages).
Old 06-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #5087
AZ-Twin
Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer: 1,321
Sweet, thanks!
2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #5088
Pine Sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Twin View Post
Hey guys. I am preparing for my trip this summer and decided I better get some spares. Wheel bearings, seals, a clutch cable, and I think that is about it.

I been looking through the threads and can't find the wheel bearing dimensions, and i know I have seen it posted several times. Once I find that I am looking for a good place to order bearings on-line.

Do any of you guys know a good source to order the wheel bearings on the net instead of from the BMW dealer? Preferably a source in the USA, as that is where I am. I think once I find the dimensions I can probably have my local Napa order them, but not sure.

Thanks
i just replaced my wheel and swing arm bearings, i followed the suggestion from Colebatch to prize the carefully seal off (both sides) of the wheel bearings, and im glad i did, they had basically the bare minimum of grease in them

once you know the part number from the link, try a local transmission shop
Pine Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #5089
An-tonio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Hepco & Becker Pannier Frames

Hi all, I'm looking for info about the Hepco & Becker Pannier Frames. I have a couple of TT box that I used in my old ktm 950. I would like to know if the mount points in the boxs are the same for the HB frame.

Why TT sell a steel subframe ? it's so weak the stock one ? if so why HB sell this pannier frame ? :) It's enough strong ?

And one last question, is the HB frame compatible with the rear foot pegs ?,

Any opinion, suggestion is welcome.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #5090
jonnyc21
Trials ninja

Oddometer: 867
Eek Frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An-tonio View Post
Hi all, I'm looking for info about the Hepco & Becker Pannier Frames. I have a couple of TT box that I used in my old ktm 950. I would like to know if the mount points in the boxs are the same for the HB frame.

Why TT sell a steel subframe ? it's so weak the stock one ? if so why HB sell this pannier frame ? :) It's enough strong ?

And one last question, is the HB frame compatible with the rear foot pegs ?,

Any opinion, suggestion is welcome.

Thanks!
More than one stock broken frame because of overloading them. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426762

Not sure about the TT box fitting an HB will have to let others ansure that one.
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #5091
kito
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
could some body tell me the size off the copper crush washers on the oil sump plug bolt please ?
kito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #5092
TymeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Only given 2 wheel size options

I'm only given two wheel size options: 17 and 18. Bike is a 2007 X-Challenge. What is the 3rd option some of you see? Anyone have any insights as to why I only see two options?

Doug
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnDuro View Post
Hi,
while I was doing some wiring stuff for my X, I noticed a handy method with the main fuse box, that also relates to the speedo calibration guide originally posted by Max the Koolest. It turns out you don't need to remove RHS cover or pull out the battery & negative lead to change the speedo setting, just a simple fuse removal will do. Here was the original step-by-step guidance:

Now here's the same stuff made even easier, reusing Max's original guide:
The Fuse box method to recalibrate your speedo

1. Remove the seat (the main fuse box is now clearly visible)
2. Remove the ignition key if you haven't already done so (really important!!).
3. New: Open the main fuse box, and remove the 15A fuse from the slot "Fuse F".
4. New: On the dash, hold down the "set" button, and re-insert the fuse back to its slot "F".
5. Keep holding down the "set" key while the dash starts to count down from 15 to 1(the bike will not explode).
6. Next the dash is going to toggle between three rear wheel size choices. You can let go of the "set" button.
7. When the dash shows you the preferred rear wheel size press "mode".
8. Done. Now the new wheel circumference is set.

New: If you want to the procedure all over again, insert the ignition key once into the ignition lock, and remove it again. Then remove the Fuse F from its slot and start all over again.

Hope this further helps any new-comers or re-changes of speedo settings!
TymeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #5093
alpi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
You can find this info (16X22-CU) and more here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kito View Post
could some body tell me the size off the copper crush washers on the oil sump plug bolt please ?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #5094
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,585
Anyone have a Touratech Rallye bashplate...

and when mounted there's still some of the fwd part of the oil drain plug covered? If left as is I'd have to remove the plate vs using the "quick access" hole for the sump drain. I'll have to end up cutting it out more but for the cost and "quality" this is disappointing.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #5095
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCflyer View Post
Anyone have a Touratech Rallye bashplate...

and when mounted there's still some of the fwd part of the oil drain plug covered? If left as is I'd have to remove the plate vs using the "quick access" hole for the sump drain. I'll have to end up cutting it out more but for the cost and "quality" this is disappointing.
Yup I got one and yup I got the same problem. I actually thought the drain plug was covered to much of the bolt, but I could (barely) get my socket on the bolt...but I it is a tight squeeze and I was afraid I would round off the bolt with too many oil changes....so I cut mine for easier access.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #5096
Scalex
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Brand new XChallenge anyone... ?

Just a quick note; as I've long been working on what will be my next bike -Current 990 adv is lots of fun but way too heavy for serious business (at least for me)- I've been long reading and looking around about alternatives...

In this process, I came across -to my astonishement- a completely brand new "1km" Xchallenge. Bought and never used.. (which is certified beyond any possible doubt).

Thought it was something worth mentioning... To my knowledge, it doesn't happen every day indeed..!

Not sure the entire bike can be considered as an "Accessory/Farkle" though, so maybe wrong thread...
Scalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #5097
Gunslinger1
GIVE'R

Oddometer: 627
Suspension

A couple of years ago I put the WP shocks on my X and it transformed the bike. I have been looking for the right rear shock to put on it and thought I would live with the air shock........and did.

This year the BMW national Rally was held in MO. I am not a rally rat but couldn't pass up the big show since it was a 100 miles from my house.

Saw one of these up there.......

Got to talking to Tedd at ......... Wilbers America about the diffeneces in what was out there.

http://www.wilbersamerica.com/

Ended up ordering one as Tedd patiently answered my questions and is a hell of a nice guy........

a few weeks later......

I am posting this because I wish I would have made this upgrade the first day I brought the bike home.

Really calmed the the bike down on rough ground and no more of the high skirt BS when you are stopping or going down a hill.....If I load the bike for a trip it's not a pogo stick rearend....Amazing the difference. I am really happy with the shock and the experience with Tedd. He told me it would be a month and I expected 6 weeks and it came before the 4 week expected time........
Gunslinger1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #5098
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,057
I have been toying with the thought of a serious upgrade on my x-c suspension. where did you find the wp front and if you don't mind sharing....how much was the total cost?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #5099
Gunslinger1
GIVE'R

Oddometer: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsstampeder View Post
I have been toying with the thought of a serious upgrade on my x-c suspension. where did you find the wp front and if you don't mind sharing....how much was the total cost?

Clamps Emig Racing

http://www.emigracing.com/

I can remember exactly it has been a bit since I did it.

Forks/front wheel/front break/ off ktm talk flea market and of course I had them re-worked with proper springs and valves.

These upgrades make this bike so nice to ride I now would have done it first thing....
Gunslinger1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #5100
Dukehunt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger1 View Post
Clamps Emig Racing

http://www.emigracing.com/

I can remember exactly it has been a bit since I did it.

Forks/front wheel/front break/ off ktm talk flea market and of course I had them re-worked with proper springs and valves.

These upgrades make this bike so nice to ride I now would have done it first thing....
Did the exact same conversion and money well spent it now handles like a real bike.

Dukehunt is offline   Reply With Quote