Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #5251
baldbeemer
BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Oddometer: 63
New seat from SeatConcepts

Hey All,

anyone looking to upgrade their seat might want to consider seatconcepts

They should have it ready for production soon, I just got the prototype last week and am very happy with the result. I had mine made so it was cut down slightly for my short legs and wider for more long distance comfort. No idea on what their cost will be yet, but should be about the same as their other Dualsport models. No affiliation with them, just giving them the plug since I got the first seat they made for the bike, using my pan as a template.

baldbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #5252
Inniswhe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
That seat looks great. Do you know how wide it is?
I am considering ordering one soon.
Also do you know how far the widest point is from the front. It looks very close to the front which may not suit us guys who like to sit further back. It would have been nice if they could have maintained the width a little further back.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
Inniswhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #5253
baldbeemer
BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inniswhe View Post
That seat looks great. Do you know how wide it is?
I am considering ordering one soon.
Also do you know how far the widest point is from the front. It looks very close to the front which may not suit us guys who like to sit further back. It would have been nice if they could have maintained the width a little further back.

I just went and measured it. It's widest point is 13" from the front of the seat and is 10 1/2" wide. I could stand comfortably with the seat just barely touching the back of my legs. I wanted something I could use for adventure riding with many hours in the saddle.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #5254
Inniswhe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Baldbeemer,
Thanks for the info, this is very helpful.

Inniswhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #5255
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,310
I wonder when they added the extra stitching across the top. My SC seat is only a few months old and it just has a solid piece across the top. Must be a real recent development. I assume they are probably doing this to prevent the bunching up that seems to happen in that spot.

Anyway, I'm still happy with mine. It's nice to see them offering it without having to go the custom order route like many of us did. It gets pretty hard to justify the cost and wait for a Renazco when you can buy a really nice cover for $170. Nothing against Renazco - I was going to go that route and am sure I would have been quite happy. But once I found out that SC could do mine, I jumped on it. I will likely get an SC seat for my Strom if I decide to keep it for the long haul.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #5256
baldbeemer
BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Just saw the new seat is up on the website. $169.99 for the vinyl cover and foam. http://seatconcepts.com/products#!/~...53&id=20329005
Old 03-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #5257
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Oddometer: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldbeemer View Post
Just saw the new seat is up on the website. $169.99 for the vinyl cover and foam. http://seatconcepts.com/products#!/~...53&id=20329005

I would have been willing to do this if it had been avalable before I sent my seat out to Renazco already. Thats life...
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:32 AM   #5258
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldbeemer View Post
Hey All,

anyone looking to upgrade their seat might want to consider seatconcepts

They should have it ready for production soon, I just got the prototype last week and am very happy with the result. I had mine made so it was cut down slightly for my short legs and wider for more long distance comfort. No idea on what their cost will be yet, but should be about the same as their other Dualsport models. No affiliation with them, just giving them the plug since I got the first seat they made for the bike, using my pan as a template.
+1
I had to go the custom route with Seat Concepts, but I think it was still around the $170 price.. I absolutely love it.
Totally changed the ride for me. Can sit all day on it now. No issues. I didn't like the wait thing, and cost for other seats..
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #5259
rockydog
just a guy

Oddometer: 775
seat height

on one of these xc forums I was asked to furnish seat height with a Hyperpro 460 shock, lowered by 1", forks raised 1", and using the low BMW seat. unladedn it's 33", ladened with 170 lbs it's 32 ". This might help someone out there.....

Rockydog woofs the isles, British isles
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #5260
Butters
. . . . . .

My 1" lower Hyper pro should be coming soon. Did Klaus give any specific recommendation about how far to lower the forks or did you just lower them 1" to match? It seems like 1" will put them pretty close to the bars.

have you ridden with it much yet or are you still digging out from the snow?

Edit: Guess what the man in brown dropped off today?!!

Butters screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 10:54 AM
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #5261
Butters
. . . . . .

I got the Hyperpro shock installed today. Didn't get much of a chance to ride it other than a couple hundred feet. I've heard others say that replacing the airshock reveals how bad the forks are . . . I think there may be something to it. I never really thought the forks dove much under braking - but with the new shock it is really apparent.

I'll put some real miles on it before I make any changes, but I have a feeling some front end work is in my future. I'll start with bumping up the compression setting then go to springs/oil, if needed. I don't see me swapping forks, though.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #5262
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,385
HP pics and specs please! If it is progressive do you know the range of the spring rate too?

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #5263
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

Oddometer: 1,381
Has anyone used the Progressive fork springs that Touratech sells?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #5264
rockydog
just a guy

Oddometer: 775
Butters, I just lowered em'. Closer to 3/4"-7/8" on the fork raising height. I have a short inseam so there was going to be some lowering for me to feel comfortable on the bike. I also have some HP progressive springs, picked up from inmate here, havn't installed yet and am curious how they will work.

Rockydog woofs the isles, British isles

rockydog screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 11:36 AM
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #5265
jonnyc21
n00b sums it up.

Oddometer: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Has anyone used the Progressive fork springs that Touratech sells?
The guy I picked my X up from put them in... I am around 80K/175lbs or so. They do ok, not great, but not running stock before I can't give you a comparison.
jonnyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote