Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #5491
gumbellion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Thats a sharp looking bike! I think i have a few other mods in line but i really like the look, and the adjustable screen is a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlevet View Post
Still working out some things but here is the Lynx Fairing with a Husky Fender.
gumbellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #5492
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

Oddometer: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbellion View Post
That's a sharp looking bike! I think i have a few other mods in line but i really like the look, and the adjustable screen is a good idea

I agree. It fixes the goofy front end look of the XCh that seems to turn people off.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #5493
Sno Dawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 656
nice fender

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbellion View Post
Thats a sharp looking bike! I think i have a few other mods in line but i really like the look, and the adjustable screen is a good idea
Does that Husky fender keep the dirt and mud off of your face. The problem with the XChallenge fender is that it is too short - as everyone knows. I put and Acerbis fender on to solve that, but the Husky fender, while looking good appears short like the original XChallenge.

BTW - nice looking bike - I think it is missing a key component - dirt!!

Thanks for sharing the pics and progress.

Sno Dawg
2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5 V6 - RED SLED- RTT - 3 inch lift
Sno Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #5494
Earlevet
ADVEarl

Oddometer: 488
Got some trail and sippy hole riding in this weekend and was afraid of the front wheel spray also. Not too bad but did not have the best environment for testing ( no high speed muddy fire service roads). On my original fender I ended up putting on the OVER priced but effective TT front fender piece. If you do get muddy, here is a video of last weekend and how to wash the bike! Made it 3/4 of the way across then realized no one else would be coming across too. So had to turn around and head back. That is when the film started. One picture of the bike practically under water was a nail biting moment. Stalled but was able to fire it back up. If only the guys taking pictures and video would have moved out of the way so I could have a smoother approach back to the bank :). GOOD TIMES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno Dawg View Post
Does that Husky fender keep the dirt and mud off of your face. The problem with the XChallenge fender is that it is too short - as everyone knows. I put and Acerbis fender on to solve that, but the Husky fender, while looking good appears short like the original X Challenge.

BTW - nice looking bike - I think it is missing a key component - dirt!!

Thanks for sharing the pics and progress.

Sno Dawg
This is the dirty picture you are looking for?

Earlevet screwed with this post 12-05-2013 at 09:42 AM
Earlevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #5495
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

Mine has aftermarket plastics and graphics. I haven't had any issues with the front fender:

Old 12-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #5496
Earlevet
ADVEarl

Looks Sharp! Have you considered expanding the Baja Tank with hot water and air pressure? And do you have a close up picture of the top mounting point on the Baja tank? Most of my issues prior too putting on the TT front fender piece was at speed in sloppy conditions
Old 12-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #5497
mtncrawler
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,035
Quote:
Got some trail and sippy hole riding in this weekend and was afraid of the front wheel spray also. Not too bad but did not have the best environment for testing ( no high speed muddy fire service roads). On my original fender I ended up putting on the OVER priced but effective TT front fender piece. If you do get muddy, here is a video of last weekend and how to wash the bike! Made it 3/4 of the way across then realized no one else would be coming across too. So had to turn around and head back. That is when the film started. One picture of the bike practically under water was a nail biting moment. Stalled but was able to fire it back up. If only the guys taking pictures and video would have moved out of the way so I could have a smoother approach back to the bank :). GOOD TIMES!!!

That's fantastic stuff!
"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us." Robert Louis Stevenson
mtncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #5498
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
... One picture of the bike practically under water was a nail biting moment. Stalled but was able to fire it back up.
Ok let's just say I'm glad to live in a dry area! My XCo is the first "off-road" bike I've had in 40 years that I don't know where the spark plug even IS -- much less carry whatever crazy tool or extension that is needed to pull it out. Kinda embarrassing in a way but I just avoid deep water - so far so good!

Do you carry the tools needed to get the bike running after a swamping? just curious. Nice video man!

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #5499
Earlevet
ADVEarl

I do not carry the tools. It would be easier to push it out of the woods than pull the plug to drain. I just try and keep the finger on the kill switch just in case
Quote:
Originally Posted by snooker View Post
Do you carry the tools needed to get the bike running after a swamping? just curious. Nice video man!
Old 12-07-2013, 02:28 AM   #5500
Mtrain
free range

Oddometer: 437
A standard ring spanner (18mm) I think will fit in to get the front plug out which is all you need to de water the xc. I've done it once and it wasn't too bad. The other thing is that because you have a drain hose coming from the bottom of the air box it is actually quite difficult to get water into the engine. As long as you kill the engine pretty quick you can just drag the bike out of the river, stand it up and then pull the plug out of the drain hose to empty the air box.
When I hydro locked mine I found that the oil was still just about perfect as almost no water got past the rings. I reckon if you were pushed you could probably crack the sump plug a little to drain the water as it will sit below the oil then tighten it back up and ride on till it is convenient to do an oil change.
Mtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #5501
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

Quote:
Looks Sharp! Have you considered expanding the Baja Tank with hot water and air pressure? And do you have a close up picture of the top mounting point on the Baja tank? Most of my issues prior too putting on the TT front fender piece was at speed in sloppy conditions
Thanks. The tank was already on when I bought it. I don't have a pic but its on there! No movement at all. I'll try and get a pic for you.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #5502
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

From the side:

From the top:

Old 12-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #5503
kito
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Are the any problems with the wheel or chain guard hitting the tank on full compreshion with this acerbis tank ?
kito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #5504
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by kito View Post
Are the any problems with the wheel or chain guard hitting the tank on full compreshion with this acerbis tank ?
At full compression it does. You can't see the back of the tank, but you can see the marks on the chain guard. It just rubs. It doesn't crash into it.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #5505
Earlevet
ADVEarl

Snow Day

Well the Farkel is a Gopro mount on a Double Take mirror. Here is a video of a couple of rides I did in the snow. The first one is slow to start and not with the best mounting position, but once to the top of the small hill I turned it around and began the Hula Dance. The second video a friend was following on a quad. Riding in the snow is quite the workout. You can watch in 1080 if you watch on Youtube site.