Old 03-27-2008, 09:18 AM   #841
TymeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducwad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRed
Beware trying to fit the SW Motech center stand if you have a TT bash plate or more importantly the TT replacement rear brake foot lever!
Can you elaborate about the TT bash plate and the SQ-Motech center stand. I was hoping to go that route when I get mine Xch. How do they interfere?
Just an FYI....I just got done installing the SW Motech centerstand with the TT bash plate and it fits fine.
TymeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:26 AM   #842
dircha
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by TymeRider
Just an FYI....I just got done installing the SW Motech centerstand with the TT bash plate and it fits fine.
Large or Small TT bash plate?
dircha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #843
TymeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

TT Large Tank Fit Issues on an ABS X-Challenge

I'm wondering if any other inmates have installed the TT large tank on an ABS-equipped X-Challenge. The tank interferes with the ABS fuse block which is mounted on the right side of the airbox, between the battery and the larger 6-fuse fuseblock.

The instructions don't mention anything about it and from the TT pictures you can tell that their bike was a none-ABS bike. The wire harness leads to the ABS fuseblock (2 fuses) does not have much extra length so relocating it properly seems to be not straight forward. I temporarily stuffed the fuseblock upside down into a nearby nook, so that I could proceed and check the rest of the tank fitment. I still have to try to come up with a better solution.

I'm curious what others have done?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:30 AM   #844
TymeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dircha
Large or Small TT bash plate?
Large bash plate (but not the new ralley bash plate with tool box that they recently came out with)
Old 03-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #845
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,407
You guys should check out DRC products if you don't like the tail piece, they make real nice suff and are the standard for the supermoto world. They are like 50 bucks as well.

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchamp
I have ridden my X for over 100 miles with that same tail tidy with the stock turn signals.

No burns melts or anything and I put them where they are supposed to go.

I figured since I had the little led's from the kit, if I melted one signal I would install the led's.

No melting so not worried. (until they do melt )
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #846
dircha
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm hoping to swap out my front sprocket for a 13t one this weekend; a 13% increase sounds about right for no interstate riding.

Are there any torque specs I'm going to need to know to get that swapped and back together safely? Can I get the necessary info off of F650GS sites? I guess I should just cave and give BMW $140 for the service manual.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #847
SteveRed
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by TymeRider
OK I should elaborate... It will fit with the bash plate but not with the TT brake foot lever where the pivot now interferes with the mounting bracket on the right hand (non exhaust side) footpeg. The centre stand rubs on my bash plate, so although it would fit, it will rub.

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #848
kutch
That fell off where?

Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by dircha
I'm hoping to swap out my front sprocket for a 13t one this weekend; a 13% increase sounds about right for no interstate riding.

Are there any torque specs I'm going to need to know to get that swapped and back together safely? Can I get the necessary info off of F650GS sites? I guess I should just cave and give BMW $140 for the service manual.
Best site (reliable) for info on the F. Many years worth of advice collected and archived...

http://faq.f650.com/GSFAQs/TighteningTorquesGS.htm

But as always, ask questions if in doubt before turning the wrench.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #849
dircha
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutch
Best site (reliable) for info on the F. Many years worth of advice collected and archived...

http://faq.f650.com/GSFAQs/TighteningTorquesGS.htm
Wow, that is great stuff; just what I was looking for, second only to the UPS truck showing up tomorrow. Will update with feedback on the 13T if I get it on successfully this weekend.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #850
kres
Arrrrrrrrr!

Oddometer: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailace
The new Odyssey PC310 battery fits but it works best if you put the positive side on the outside.
[rant]
Oh !@#$!@%$!!!!
Please don't tell me that the Bavarian Bean Counters spec'd this bike out with open cheap-ass acid batteries?

(Did that on the Dakar's and it pisses me off to no end - piss poor engineering. Damn thing leaked w/ off road use and started to eat at the wiring harnesses.)

Nothing so bad that I wouldn't buy the bike - & swap out the battery immediatly - but damn.. .you'd think they'd learn.

[/rant]
Old 03-28-2008, 12:16 AM   #851
Nemesis
just ride the damn thing

Oddometer: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by kres
[rant]
Oh !@#$!@%$!!!!
Please don't tell me that the Bavarian Bean Counters spec'd this bike out with open cheap-ass acid batteries?

[/rant]
Uh, no, they didn't.

Settle down, Beavis....

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats " - H. L. Mencken
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:34 AM   #852
kres
Arrrrrrrrr!

Oddometer: 1,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Uh, no, they didn't.

Settle down, Beavis....

Wheeeew. Thanks Butthead.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:09 AM   #853
oldschoolnutter
crash...never

Oddometer: 32
PIVOT PEEGS vs POWER PEGS

Anybody tried the Power Pegs on anything....? Thumper talks seems to like 'em

Looking at the Pivot Pegs web site the HP2/GX have the same part number so as it stands the Power Pegz chaps have some catching up to do....
Will email and follow up.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/arc.../t-275598.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRed
Well I fitted the HP2 Pivot Pegs to the XC today and they went on without a hassle. A clean and neat swap and with a two height adjustable fitting option. They look great and work a treat! Much more comfortable than the OEM part after a short ride to get used to them. I read in another post somewhere that with the pivot action of the pegs you will also save a bit of wear and tear on your boots.

Before...

After...

oldschoolnutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:17 AM   #854
oldschoolnutter
crash...never

Oddometer: 32
powerpegs is dead....
long live pivot pegs!

From www.happy-trail.com

*Powerpegz is no longer in business. We are switching to the Pivot Pegs line, which is the original designer and manufacture of these types of pegs. We are in the process of this transition and appreciate your patience. Please feel free to place your order and we will get your pegs shipped as soon as the transition is complete. If you have any questions please let us know
oldschoolnutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #855
kutch
That fell off where?

Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolnutter
powerpegs is dead....
long live pivot pegs!

From www.happy-trail.com

*Powerpegz is no longer in business. We are switching to the Pivot Pegs line, which is the original designer and manufacture of these types of pegs. We are in the process of this transition and appreciate your patience. Please feel free to place your order and we will get your pegs shipped as soon as the transition is complete. If you have any questions please let us know
Yah, they where making there own version here in the states for a while...
-till someone realized it...

great pegz...either ones...