Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #61
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxMan View Post
i didn't do the slickest install and ended up cutting away more plastic than necessary, but whatever, i ain't entering no beauty contest.
When I first mounted my DB frames, I cut the plastic as well, but hated the idea of it. So, I bought a new undertail for about $40, and just pushed it up a little so the bolts rest on the subframe, and the new undertail presses down against the bolts. Haven't had a problem since. Not that there was a problem. I just hated cutting that plastic.

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:26 AM   #62
Sasquatch
Banned

Oddometer: 4,770
I will second the vote for Dirt Bagz. While I have not ridden the bike yet, I have installed them on my 640E after much debate on what option to get. I am not going around the world, but wanted to be able to carry enough to go on some multi-day camping runs around the PNW.

Not shown in the photo is the top bag that goes across the top of the bags. The whole kit was on sale for $312 delivered to my door. Still on sale as of this writing.

Impressed with the build quality and nice features. Looks like they will work perfectly for our needs (Dad and my buddy Marc are also installing them).

Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:34 AM   #63
Yooper_Bob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,562
I also run a set of Dirt Bagz on my '07 Adventure....they have held up very well, with the exception of one weld that let loose during the first year. I had a neighbor fix it for me, and no problems since. It was pretty evident that the original weld had not penetrated as it should have.

I was able keep the passenger pegs, but did have to trim some of the plastic on the fender. My soldering gun has a flat sort of knife blade, and that works excellent for cutting a notch in plastic.
Yooper_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #64
bigboyxl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Anyone knows the difference between original top luggage rack and sw-motech's one?
http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/co...typid=63298760
Nomada panniers, Holan crashbars, Remus silencers etc. Worldwide shipping. Better deals for ADVriders
bigboyxl is offline   Reply With Quote