User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2007, 04:17 AM   #1
Tifosi OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
08 KTM 450 EXC-R Bag/Luggage options

HEy guys I did a couple of searches and maybe I am not the brightest when it comes to searching the forums but I did look first. I want to get a good set of saddle bags or luggage racks (maybe someone has fabbed some?) for my 450. I am looking for high quality and good design. So far I have not seen anthing that has really jumped out at me what do the majority of you guys use?
Tifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:18 AM   #2
Tifosi OP
Gnarly Adventurer

On a side note I talked to Baja designs and they told me they have an HID kit that fits in the stock housing, anyone here have any experiences with it chime in?
Old 11-22-2007, 05:37 AM   #3
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,356
if you look in the vendors section, there's a guy selling racks for the 2004-2007 EXCs that you can mount dirtbagz on. Not sure if that will work on an 08. Be careful about that subframe and a lot of weight. You can also use those bags that drape over the tank.
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
pitbull doug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Tifosi
I would talk to dirtbagz they would be the best bags for a 450 exc-r soft and light,you might have to modify bag frame though.I have them on my 640 adv really great bagz.Hows the 08 450 exc treating you?Ijust picked one up last week sold my 03 525 mxc.The 450 is a unreal machine really like the handling.Ive got 70 miles on it or 3 hrs ready for 1st valve check and oil change. Heres a photo of my 640 with dirtbagz only way to go!

00 300 exc
06 640 adv
08 450 exc-r
pitbull doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:05 AM   #5
Durden
Freak!

Oddometer: 477
Ortleib Dry Bags - I LOVE EM - they kept my gear dry in every downpour, and didnt rip or tear in any of my gravel road spills and held heavy loads for 8,000 mile trip flawlessly! (Just the saddle bags, the tail bag is a kawa bag)

Durden screwed with this post 11-22-2007 at 11:16 AM
Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:28 AM   #6
southforkspeedster
koolaidless

Oddometer: 1,980

SFS
southforkspeedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:30 AM   #7
slip
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
I ordered these for my DRZ400S. I'll let you know how they work out when I get them. Hey, for the price they seem pretty good. Less than $20 from RockyMountainAtv.com. Click on the picture to bring you to the link.

Old 11-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #8
paochow
Bye bye desert

Oddometer: 1,190
I put a Wolfman Expedition small tank bag on my 530EXC and it fits well and still leaves enough space for your delicates. Carries enough tools, tire repair, camera, etc for day rides.

paochow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #9
Tifosi OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I will have to check those dirt bagz out that is about what I was looking for. In response to your question I haven' even had the time to fire my bike up yet :(..... I originally put a deposit down in June because the dealer told me a September release date so that came and went and here we are. Then my bike came in but I was sick with bronchitis so I told the dealer to give mine to the guy waiting for a 450 behind me in line and I would get the next one (one week later) because I was too sick to go in and how could I deny someone else the pleasure on a holiday weekend. Then I am ready to head down and pick up my bike and my gran (92) goes in the hospital so hopefully I will be able to fire it up finally next week when everything slows down. I just wish we had a lockable option for our bike, I just want to carry a small sleeping bag and tent as well as a few other tools and such. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 11-22-2007, 10:59 PM   #10
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifosi
I just wish we had a lockable option for our bike, I just want to carry a small sleeping bag and tent as well as a few other tools and such. Thanks for the help guys!
You mean to lock up your stuff on the bike? How about this stuff?
http://www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php...n=detail&id=48
Seems like the shiz if you just wanna keep your stuff where you left it while you grab a burger.....

-NoVector
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:20 AM   #11
Tifosi OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I was thinking of replacing the seat with a slightly lower (I have a 31 inseam) seat that is also slightly wider from renazco will this get me into trouble if I want to run a larger tank? Does anyone know if I am dimmensionally limited?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:42 AM   #12
Dirtmongrel
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip
I ordered these for my DRZ400S. I'll let you know how they work out when I get them. Hey, for the price they seem pretty good. Less than $20 from RockyMountainAtv.com. Click on the picture to bring you to the link.

I have bags very similar to these, I bought mine from the local PepBoys for $16, nice and cheap. Thay are actually supposed to go over the gas cap hole and lay down the side of the tank, I didn't like that because they covered the radiator holes. What I then did worked pretty well for a while, I slid it under the rear of the seat and front of the tool kit, it held very well and didn't move althought heat from the exhaust transfered thru the bag (it didn't hit the pipe it layed on the #plate). These probibly don't have a heat shield material because they designed to go on the tank not the seat... be carefull
Dirtmongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:40 AM   #13
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifosi
I was thinking of replacing the seat with a slightly lower (I have a 31 inseam) seat that is also slightly wider from renazco will this get me into trouble if I want to run a larger tank? Does anyone know if I am dimmensionally limited?
James will most likely replace the seat on your original seatpan so as long as your seat fits with the oversize tank, the seat James will make for you will fit. They rock BTW. Buy a spare seat and send him that one so you won't have to be seatless for 4 months.
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:06 AM   #14
Sheep Shagger
Show me your fleece

Oddometer: 2,066
I run wolfman tank bag and rear expedition, all waterproof and no need to worry about covers.

Sheep Shagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #15
TipsyMcStagger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,002
Bump for a tank bag recommendation?

I'll be riding my '08 EXC-R from NJ to FL on the TET. I've ordered a Giant Loop MoJavi and a Moose fender bag. I'd like to get a small tank bag but I don't want anything that will be in the way while standing.

Looking at the Wolfman bags but not sure which to get.

TIA.

Tipsy

"There's a plane! Where there's a plane there's probably a pilot! Where there's a pilot there must be a bar! I can finally get a drink!" - Brian from Family Guy
TipsyMcStagger is offline   Reply With Quote