ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #41416
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post
It's a little flashy for my tastes, but it has about every performance mod you can think of.

Sounds like a good ride.
Yup, too many stickers for me, many of them will be coming off quickly. Other than that I think it looks mean as hell! Kawi Green is supposed to be a little flashy! Performance should be covered (other than a big bore kit which I'm not in a hurry to do). In the not so distant future it might get some protective pieces, and I want/need a bigger gas tank... not real happy with the current offerings though. We'll cross that bridge next year though.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #41417
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer: 9,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
A cool tag would be a bike next to a plane on a pole, with Carl taking the picture from the air in his plane!

Far out, man

Fuck Jesse V
In his ass
With a chainsaw
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #41418
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,126
Great day for a Mt bike ride. Classic example of getting caught up in the moment/day and riding too long. Quads started cramping near the end.

Thanks TIm & Craig Mohican next week.

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #41419
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Yup, too many stickers for me, many of them will be coming off quickly. Other than that I think it looks mean as hell! Kawi Green is supposed to be a little flashy! Performance should be covered (other than a big bore kit which I'm not in a hurry to do). In the not so distant future it might get some protective pieces, and I want/need a bigger gas tank... not real happy with the current offerings though. We'll cross that bridge next year though.
Not terrible, needs a skid plate. Will look a lot less ricky fucking racer with the stickers off it.

What's the tail look like? Looks kind of... abbreviated... in those pics.

The downside of that bike is even if you get it right now, you still misssed out on our sweet ride today...

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #41420
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,551
Quote:
Well folks... speak now or forever hold your peace!

2009 KLX250S
This thing was bought new buy a guy that owns a machine shop and likes to work on (customize) bikes more than ride them. He's had it out twice a year since he bought it, it has 600 Miles on it, and after every weekend out, he removed all plastics and detailed it back to better than new. Head pipe, exhaust, FCH Pumper Carb, DRZ Gel Seat, Tail Chop, Hand Guards, LED Blinkers and tail light, Trail tires and sprockets (but comes with all originals, less than 200 miles on them), etc.

Thinking about making the trade Thursday the 17th or Sunday the 20th.
looks like a highly capable and fun machine...straight up trade or is there cash involved?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #41421
ohiofathead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Well folks... speak now or forever hold your peace!

2009 KLX250S
This thing was bought new buy a guy that owns a machine shop and likes to work on (customize) bikes more than ride them. He's had it out twice a year since he bought it, it has 600 Miles on it, and after every weekend out, he removed all plastics and detailed it back to better than new. Head pipe, exhaust, FCH Pumper Carb, DRZ Gel Seat, Tail Chop, Hand Guards, LED Blinkers and tail light, Trail tires and sprockets (but comes with all originals, less than 200 miles on them), etc.

Thinking about making the trade Thursday the 17th or Sunday the 20th.
Are these current pics? They are dated 2009.
ohiofathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #41422
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,168
Why people don't usually ride in Western Ohio.

On the plus side on the way home I found a farm road close by that is almost a half mile long! Yea, me!
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #41423
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
The downside of that bike is even if you get it right now, you still misssed out on our sweet ride today... __________________
Beauty weekend, we won't get many more like that in 2011. Had a nice ride with rasthomas and guernsey Friday, and just rode around home Saturday plus I did the seasonal "flip" of my garage.

Was by myself today; I know its a long way over to Belmont County for most people here, but the township and county roads around, connecting, and crossing SR 147, SR 148, SR 149, and SR 9 are pretty cool.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #41424
somecallmetim OP
Surf &/or Die

Oddometer: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Great day for a Mt bike ride. Classic example of getting caught up in the moment/day and riding too long. Quads started cramping near the end.

Thanks TIm & Craig Mohican next week.

'twas a good time, looking forward to next week.

Not to rub it in or anything, but I stopped at Wilderness on the way home & rode another 4 miles or so, it was just too nice out not to...
Old 11-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #41425
rob748
resident alien !!!!

Oddometer: 824
today

had fun riding with u boys today, beautiful day
great job out front mark when i could keep up :) i had forgot about the Meef pace :)
good to see some old faces and new
i think i fill that spicy sandwich tapping at my door
rob748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #41426
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by somecallmetim View Post
'twas a good time, looking forward to next week.

Not to rub it in or anything, but I stopped at Wilderness on the way home & rode another 4 miles or so, it was just too nice out not to...
You're hardcore, that's a bunch of riding. Had a great time today, probably could have finished the Dillon part but the downside of pushing too hard is me passing out and I got a little bit of that feeling going up the road hill leaving the marina. I don't always feel that coming on.

I'm getting more endurance every day tho so I'm really happy to be able to ride like today!

Hope next weekend is nice, I'm looking forward to Mohican again before it gets too cold & wet.

swingset screwed with this post 11-06-2011 at 07:05 PM
swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #41427
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Not terrible, needs a skid plate. Will look a lot less ricky fucking racer with the stickers off it.

What's the tail look like? Looks kind of... abbreviated... in those pics.

The downside of that bike is even if you get it right now, you still misssed out on our sweet ride today...
Agreed on all accounts. The stickers will come off... asap.
The tail is abbreviated. It it proves problematic, I'll work something else out.
(Before all of you eagle eyes catch it, he had a 308cc kit for it, and apparently felt the need to apply the sticker (sticker happy?) but never ended up installing the kit. I guess his buddy had the same bike with the 308 kit, and he rode them back to back and decided the difference was not worth the hassle of install.

The ride today sounded awesome. Can't wait to see some pictures and a report?!

I'll have a skid plate and radiator guards ordered very soon, also, as my first many months riding this will be in the winter, I'll probably add the Thermo-Bob thermostat setup. My regular commute is only 15-20 minutes, and I want it to get up to temperature in that time even in 20 degrees. I may start out with the more big-rig approach of just covering most of the radiator.

Quote:
Are these current pics? They are dated 2009.
He sent me new pictures too, but they were all close-ups; these older ones were better for showing off the whole bike. It's identical.

Quote:
looks like a highly capable and fun machine...straight up trade or is there cash involved?
It'll be straight up. I think it's pretty fair. I'd rather it be a wrr, but this seems like a VERY reasonable compromise.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #41428
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob748 View Post
great job out front mark when i could keep up :) i had forgot about the Meef pace :)
Same here,a lot of fun stuff and only ate about 4 lbs of dust by the end of the day. The stinky mud holes washed most of that off my pants.(or should I say "outfit")
Old 11-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #41429
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob748 View Post
Good to see you today, Rob. Very pleasant surprise.

Thank you Mark for leading ... good select of roads/tracks. Definitely helped understand where I need to go with the forks.

For those wondering, I don't think there were too many pictures taken today. I saw mgorman with his camera once, but not sure if he got anything.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #41430
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
...For those wondering, I don't think there were too many pictures taken today. I saw mgorman with his camera once, but not sure if he got anything.
I saw EJ whip his phone out several times... maybe he'll surprise you

....Don't get complacent!
QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote