ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #41416
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post
It's a little flashy for my tastes, but it has about every performance mod you can think of.

Sounds like a good ride.
Yup, too many stickers for me, many of them will be coming off quickly. Other than that I think it looks mean as hell! Kawi Green is supposed to be a little flashy! Performance should be covered (other than a big bore kit which I'm not in a hurry to do). In the not so distant future it might get some protective pieces, and I want/need a bigger gas tank... not real happy with the current offerings though. We'll cross that bridge next year though.
__________________
2008 990 Adventure
2008 WR250R
www.Mikef5000.com
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #41417
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears
 
Devil Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Port Clinton, Ohio
Oddometer: 9,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
A cool tag would be a bike next to a plane on a pole, with Carl taking the picture from the air in his plane!

Far out, man
__________________
"A warrior does not get ready, a warrior IS ready." - Rudy Reyes

Fuck Jesse V
In his ass
With a chainsaw
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #41418
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe
 
dragoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Frazeysburg, OH
Oddometer: 23,126
Great day for a Mt bike ride. Classic example of getting caught up in the moment/day and riding too long. Quads started cramping near the end.

Thanks TIm & Craig Mohican next week.
__________________
Everyone should be so lucky as to be able to ride a motorbike through the Himalayas.
- Misery Goat


daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #41419
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Yup, too many stickers for me, many of them will be coming off quickly. Other than that I think it looks mean as hell! Kawi Green is supposed to be a little flashy! Performance should be covered (other than a big bore kit which I'm not in a hurry to do). In the not so distant future it might get some protective pieces, and I want/need a bigger gas tank... not real happy with the current offerings though. We'll cross that bridge next year though.
Not terrible, needs a skid plate. Will look a lot less ricky fucking racer with the stickers off it.

What's the tail look like? Looks kind of... abbreviated... in those pics.

The downside of that bike is even if you get it right now, you still misssed out on our sweet ride today...
__________________
Fuck Bill de Blasio

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #41420
sion
sigh-own
 
sion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Hocking Hills
Oddometer: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Well folks... speak now or forever hold your peace!

2009 KLX250S
This thing was bought new buy a guy that owns a machine shop and likes to work on (customize) bikes more than ride them. He's had it out twice a year since he bought it, it has 600 Miles on it, and after every weekend out, he removed all plastics and detailed it back to better than new. Head pipe, exhaust, FCH Pumper Carb, DRZ Gel Seat, Tail Chop, Hand Guards, LED Blinkers and tail light, Trail tires and sprockets (but comes with all originals, less than 200 miles on them), etc.




Thinking about making the trade Thursday the 17th or Sunday the 20th.
looks like a highly capable and fun machine...straight up trade or is there cash involved?
__________________
I say, there's no such thing as a bad day's riding. -metaljockey

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #41421
ohiofathead
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Southern Ohio
Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Well folks... speak now or forever hold your peace!

2009 KLX250S
This thing was bought new buy a guy that owns a machine shop and likes to work on (customize) bikes more than ride them. He's had it out twice a year since he bought it, it has 600 Miles on it, and after every weekend out, he removed all plastics and detailed it back to better than new. Head pipe, exhaust, FCH Pumper Carb, DRZ Gel Seat, Tail Chop, Hand Guards, LED Blinkers and tail light, Trail tires and sprockets (but comes with all originals, less than 200 miles on them), etc.


Thinking about making the trade Thursday the 17th or Sunday the 20th.
Are these current pics? They are dated 2009.
ohiofathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #41422
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows
 
buildit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Simpsons home town Ohio
Oddometer: 14,168
Why people don't usually ride in Western Ohio.

On the plus side on the way home I found a farm road close by that is almost a half mile long! Yea, me!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/advfilmer
2013 Super-10
2007 KTM950SEr
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #41423
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer
 
vivid dadas's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Thumbolia
Oddometer: 864
Quote:
The downside of that bike is even if you get it right now, you still misssed out on our sweet ride today... __________________
Beauty weekend, we won't get many more like that in 2011. Had a nice ride with rasthomas and guernsey Friday, and just rode around home Saturday plus I did the seasonal "flip" of my garage.

Was by myself today; I know its a long way over to Belmont County for most people here, but the township and county roads around, connecting, and crossing SR 147, SR 148, SR 149, and SR 9 are pretty cool.
__________________
"Five stinking radicals in a three cylinder Saab!"
vivid dadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #41424
somecallmetim OP
Surf &/or Die
 
somecallmetim's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Loudonville, Ohio
Oddometer: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Great day for a Mt bike ride. Classic example of getting caught up in the moment/day and riding too long. Quads started cramping near the end.

Thanks TIm & Craig Mohican next week.

'twas a good time, looking forward to next week.

Not to rub it in or anything, but I stopped at Wilderness on the way home & rode another 4 miles or so, it was just too nice out not to...
__________________
6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy...
somecallmetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #41425
rob748
resident alien !!!!
 
rob748's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: traveling somewhere :)
Oddometer: 824
today

had fun riding with u boys today, beautiful day
great job out front mark when i could keep up :) i had forgot about the Meef pace :)
good to see some old faces and new
i think i fill that spicy sandwich tapping at my door
rob748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #41426
swingset
Got the knack.
 
swingset's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Oddometer: 10,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by somecallmetim View Post
'twas a good time, looking forward to next week.

Not to rub it in or anything, but I stopped at Wilderness on the way home & rode another 4 miles or so, it was just too nice out not to...
You're hardcore, that's a bunch of riding. Had a great time today, probably could have finished the Dillon part but the downside of pushing too hard is me passing out and I got a little bit of that feeling going up the road hill leaving the marina. I don't always feel that coming on.

I'm getting more endurance every day tho so I'm really happy to be able to ride like today!

Hope next weekend is nice, I'm looking forward to Mohican again before it gets too cold & wet.
__________________
The Rant-Fu blog & podcast ->Rant-Fu





swingset screwed with this post 11-06-2011 at 07:05 PM
swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #41427
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Not terrible, needs a skid plate. Will look a lot less ricky fucking racer with the stickers off it.

What's the tail look like? Looks kind of... abbreviated... in those pics.

The downside of that bike is even if you get it right now, you still misssed out on our sweet ride today...
Agreed on all accounts. The stickers will come off... asap.
The tail is abbreviated. It it proves problematic, I'll work something else out.
(Before all of you eagle eyes catch it, he had a 308cc kit for it, and apparently felt the need to apply the sticker (sticker happy?) but never ended up installing the kit. I guess his buddy had the same bike with the 308 kit, and he rode them back to back and decided the difference was not worth the hassle of install.

The ride today sounded awesome. Can't wait to see some pictures and a report?!

I'll have a skid plate and radiator guards ordered very soon, also, as my first many months riding this will be in the winter, I'll probably add the Thermo-Bob thermostat setup. My regular commute is only 15-20 minutes, and I want it to get up to temperature in that time even in 20 degrees. I may start out with the more big-rig approach of just covering most of the radiator.

Quote:
Are these current pics? They are dated 2009.
He sent me new pictures too, but they were all close-ups; these older ones were better for showing off the whole bike. It's identical.

Quote:
looks like a highly capable and fun machine...straight up trade or is there cash involved?
It'll be straight up. I think it's pretty fair. I'd rather it be a wrr, but this seems like a VERY reasonable compromise.
__________________
2008 990 Adventure
2008 WR250R
www.Mikef5000.com
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #41428
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !
 
ohioroadrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Oddometer: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob748 View Post
had fun riding with u boys today, beautiful day
great job out front mark when i could keep up :) i had forgot about the Meef pace :)
good to see some old faces and new
i think i fill that spicy sandwich tapping at my door
Same here,a lot of fun stuff and only ate about 4 lbs of dust by the end of the day. The stinky mud holes washed most of that off my pants.(or should I say "outfit")
__________________
The second slowest rider in district 11.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one`s lifespan.
ohioroadrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #41429
'Flagger
..this space for rent..
 
'Flagger's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob748 View Post
had fun riding with u boys today, beautiful day
great job out front mark when i could keep up :) i had forgot about the Meef pace :)
good to see some old faces and new
i think i fill that spicy sandwich tapping at my door
Good to see you today, Rob. Very pleasant surprise.

Thank you Mark for leading ... good select of roads/tracks. Definitely helped understand where I need to go with the forks.

For those wondering, I don't think there were too many pictures taken today. I saw mgorman with his camera once, but not sure if he got anything.
__________________
- B

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:27 PM   #41430
QUICKDRAW
Bug Murderer
 
QUICKDRAW's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Lewis Center, OH
Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
...For those wondering, I don't think there were too many pictures taken today. I saw mgorman with his camera once, but not sure if he got anything.
I saw EJ whip his phone out several times... maybe he'll surprise you
__________________
-Shawn

....Don't get complacent!
QUICKDRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014