ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #41686
sion
sigh-own
 
sion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Hocking Hills
Oddometer: 3,469
so, I've decided not to call off tomorrow, but I AM going to ride somewhere after work. I've got Dora loaded up in the truck and I'll be leaving directly from work for the Wayne. If anyone's got any better plans than WNF, post em up here before 2 pm tomorrow (saturday). I'll get online and check before I leave work. Otherwise, I'll be at the P4 parking area unloading by 3 pm. Any of yinz are invited to join me.

edit: I think I'll go to the New Straitsville trailhead instead of the P4
__________________
I say, there's no such thing as a bad day's riding. -metaljockey

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301

sion screwed with this post 11-19-2011 at 04:45 AM
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:04 PM   #41687
mgorman
Crashing since 1964
 
mgorman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Oddometer: 4,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
I've got Dora loaded up in the truck and I'll be leaving directly from work for the Wayne. If anyone's got any better plans than WNF, post em up here before 2 pm tomorrow (saturday).

Let me know if you end up going Sunday instead.
__________________
Michael

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #41688
Danjal
Insert wit here.
 
Danjal's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Location,Location
Oddometer: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Eh. I've shot about a thousand rounds through mine without a single issue. I have a couple friends with Glocks; they all (26 included) seem bulky as hell.
Check out the Kahr and xd. Pretty much a glock. That or the slimline glocks. My Kahr CW40 hasnt missed beat yet.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #41689
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer
 
MrFurious's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Check out the Kahr and xd. Pretty much a glock. That or the slimline glocks. My Kahr CW40 hasnt missed beat yet.
Ditto on the Kahr CW40, though it does take a few hundred rounds to "break-in" as they're a little tight when new. XD's are great as well, but I personally prefer the fit/feel of the S&W M&P.
__________________
Jim B.


MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:05 AM   #41690
sion
sigh-own
 
sion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Hocking Hills
Oddometer: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Let me know if you end up going Sunday instead.

as of right now, Sunday looks like rain all day...if it doesnt, I may go again
__________________
I say, there's no such thing as a bad day's riding. -metaljockey

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:08 AM   #41691
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears
 
Devil Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Port Clinton, Ohio
Oddometer: 9,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
Ditto on the Kahr CW40, though it does take a few hundred rounds to "break-in" as they're a little tight when new. XD's are great as well, but I personally prefer the fit/feel of the S&W M&P.
I'm kinda interested in the new Ruger LC9
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:54 AM   #41692
somecallmetim OP
Surf &/or Die
 
somecallmetim's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Loudonville, Ohio
Oddometer: 1,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
What's the Mt biking schedule for this weekend?
I can't commit this weekend, but it you find yourself up here give me a ring.

Anyone have a nice Jap standard that needs a home? I have a buddy looking for a starter bike. Sion, I'll send you a pm about the CX.
__________________
6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy...
somecallmetim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:32 AM   #41693
Sparkster
Live seriously.
 
Sparkster's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Home sweet home.
Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Meanwhile I have a Hi-Point carbine that works great, and it was a replacement from Hi-Point because the first one had a defect in the mag well. Called them up, they sent me a brand new gun no questions asked. $149 for outstanding customer service.

Food for thought, anyway.
My HiPoint carbine is a tack driver. Love it. I've been wanting to upgrade to the new plastics they have out. Something like $50 and they'll replace all the plastics and any parts that arent on the gun but should be (like the heat shield I lost...). Great company.
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #41694
Danjal
Insert wit here.
 
Danjal's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Location,Location
Oddometer: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkster View Post
My HiPoint carbine is a tack driver. Love it. I've been wanting to upgrade to the new plastics they have out. Something like $50 and they'll replace all the plastics and any parts that arent on the gun but should be (like the heat shield I lost...). Great company.
Those plastics are made in Ohio too. Been there once. Very small company that makes them, family run. I'd have to look up the town if you wanted to buy them mfg direct, if its possible. Forest Ohio or something like that.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:00 AM   #41695
Sparkster
Live seriously.
 
Sparkster's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Home sweet home.
Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Those plastics are made in Ohio too. Been there once. Very small company that makes them, family run. I'd have to look up the town if you wanted to buy them mfg direct, if its possible. Forest Ohio or something like that.
I think one of the mfg plants is by Iberia which is 20 min from my house. To upgrade you mail the gun to the company - there's no dealer or middle man in the process.
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #41696
sion
sigh-own
 
sion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Hocking Hills
Oddometer: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
so, I've decided not to call off tomorrow, but I AM going to ride somewhere after work. I've got Dora loaded up in the truck and I'll be leaving directly from work for the Wayne. If anyone's got any better plans than WNF, post em up here before 2 pm tomorrow (saturday). I'll get online and check before I leave work. Otherwise, I'll be at the P4 parking area unloading by 3 pm. Any of yinz are invited to join me.

edit: I think I'll go to the New Straitsville trailhead instead of the P4

still planning on heading out soon as I punch out of work at 2pm

Y'all come down now, y'hear?
__________________
I say, there's no such thing as a bad day's riding. -metaljockey

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #41697
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dog View Post
I'm kinda interested in the new Ruger LC9
It's bigger than it should be, feels cheap, and has a bunch of extraneous garbage - mag disconnect, safety, LCI...
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #41698
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer
 
vivid dadas's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Thumbolia
Oddometer: 864
Here's what I just bought;
__________________
"Five stinking radicals in a three cylinder Saab!"
vivid dadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #41699
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer
 
ArmyJoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 1,059
Anyone have experience with the Kimber Ultra Carry II?

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/ul...ultra-carry-ii
__________________
2009 Can-Am Spyder RS, 2008 Yamaha WR250R

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #41700
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer
 
ArmyJoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
Here's what I just bought;
Got enough salt?






Oh, nice bike.
__________________
2009 Can-Am Spyder RS, 2008 Yamaha WR250R

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014