ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #48916
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badjuju View Post
Butterflies are made from depleted uranium these days? Yikes!

nah...if you'll notice, the butterfly's colors are black and gold...thats a Pittsburgh butterfly...internationally recognized as the toughest motherhumpers in the world of fluttering insects...

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #48917
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Tar Hallow trail ride Thursday too! I'm planning on being there around 11am to mess around the parking lot area. I've got a buddy that hopes to meet us there. He'll be trailering his dirtbike. We'll both be headed out around 4pm.

I'm out for Hangingrock. I work Saturday and this Sunday's still up in the air.

I can say... after thoroughly scrubbing in my Kenda 270 (200 miles of pavement, and 50 miles of trails) the Shinko 244 works drastically better on-road; hands down, no question, WAY better. I locked the Kenda up with ease yesterday when a light turned yellow in front of me at about 45 mph. I wouldn't even have considered it a panic stop, just some hard braking. Then coming home through my favorite S curve I successfully slid the back tire through a corner. It would've been awesome had it been planned, but as it was... a bit terrifying. It's not squirmy anymore; the miles (and scrubbing in) took care of that. Now it's simply lacking in raw traction. Bummer! Track-Master or T-63 next... whenever that may be.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #48918
FatherX
X Factory Big Cheese

Oddometer: 4,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Tar Hallow trail ride Thursday too! I'm planning on being there around 11am to mess around the parking lot area. I've got a buddy that hopes to meet us there. He'll be trailering his dirtbike. We'll both be headed out around 4pm.

I'm out for Hangingrock. I work Saturday and this Sunday's still up in the air.

I can say... after thoroughly scrubbing in my Kenda 270 (200 miles of pavement, and 50 miles of trails) the Shinko 244 works drastically better on-road; hands down, no question, WAY better. I locked the Kenda up with ease yesterday when a light turned yellow in front of me at about 45 mph. I wouldn't even have considered it a panic stop, just some hard braking. Then coming home through my favorite S curve I successfully slid the back tire through a corner. It would've been awesome had it been planned, but as it was... a bit terrifying. It's not squirmy anymore; the miles (and scrubbing in) took care of that. Now it's simply lacking in raw traction. Bummer! Track-Master or T-63 next... whenever that may be.

Same results here.

Running 244s on the miniceptor. I call it the rails to trails tire..
270s are like butta'. I'll be lucky to get 3k from the rear. Of course I'm running synthetic oil and dyna beads
Old 05-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #48919
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,049
This sounds like a good deal for someone!

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/3017488247.html
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #48920
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,469
Mike / Matt,

I am out for Perry... got a second subpoena for Thursday afternoon.

Not pleased.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #48921
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,317
This is how bad accidents happen. Coming home from dinner last night just after full darkness. Buzzing along at a pretty good clip on my small 1.5 lane wide country road...less than a 1/2 mile from my house.

This was in the road....not on the side of the road....in the middle, on its side.

First thought was (since my road is a bicycle route) oh shit, some body has been hit by a car. I do a quick u-turn, scan for blood / body & other accident indicators and push it out of the road.

Went home grabbed my truck and a big light and went back to take a closer look.

No chain....looks like it had not been ridden for a while.....my guess is it fell out of a truck on the way to the scrap yard.

I tossed it in the truck, and drug it home. At first I thought it might have been sorta cool, but it is a POS.......I guess I'll let my scrap guy have it.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #48922
BikerGeek99
Horizon Chaser

Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
At first I thought it might have been sorta cool, but it is a POS.......
Of course it is.

It's French, after all.

- '09 FLHTCU
- '04 FJR1300
BikerGeek99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #48923
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post

I tossed it in the truck, and drug it home. At first I thought it might have been sorta cool, but it is a POS.......I guess I'll let my scrap guy have it.
Come on between that and tandem you gotta be able to fab up something cool. I see the KE motor fitting onto it just fine
White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #48924
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP N MTNS View Post
Come on between that and tandem you gotta be able to fab up something cool. I see the KE motor fitting onto it just fine

I need to dump the tandem too.

Man, I have not had time to even wash one of my cars in 9 months.....seriously.....when I do not have time for a simple project I am never going to have time for a "real project"
Old 05-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #48925
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,643
Is that one of those West Coast Choppers that I hear so much about?
Old 05-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #48926
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,977
SWEET! A mixte stuck to a trike rear. You'd thought the guy/gal would have at least taken the rear brake caliper off. Scott, that shifter set brazed on or clamped? There aren't too many companies making chromoly mixte frames any more.

Found a set of radiators for the 640 made from recycled beer cans for $135 new. Thanks to all you drunkards out there, I'll have her up and running sooner than I expected.

In case any of you ever have the need to get home without calling for help...

Bypass surgery, out of one...

and over the offending unit and back into the system...

There was actually no flow through that hose but I needed a way to fill the system and plug the holes so this worked best. Next time, now that I know it works, I'm carving plugs from wood and just blocking the thing up and filling it while it lays on it's side.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park

mgorman screwed with this post 05-16-2012 at 11:53 AM Reason: screwed up, why else?
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #48927
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Shoot it is hard to find ANYthing chromoly at all. I really wanted an Ibis or Fat Chance ChroMo, but never got around to finding one. I almost bought a Bianchi grizzly, but it was $$$ out of my budget.

Right now I have a Klein Attitude and a Specialized Robauix, but I think both of them are way too stiff.

That Peugeot is headed for the trash unless someone wants it.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #48928
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
Trying to figure out why the forum has been so quiet the last few days, then it hit me. BuildIt and Indypup have been keeping a low profile. Where are you guys?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #48929
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
Trying to figure out why the forum has been so quiet the last few days, then it hit me. BuildIt and Indypup have been keeping a low profile. Where are you guys?
I wasn't going to say anything... but I figured some folks must've got banned or something! We went from a few pages a day to just a few posts.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #48930
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
I've made a few posts but I was wondering if the KLR got the best of Luke? ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote