ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #49351
FatherX
Java Man

Oddometer: 4,094
aaarrrgggg!!

Old 05-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #49352
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Monday Tar Hollow Ride for KLRs Only!

Okay, not for only KLRs. But as we have yet to set a time or place to meet I say parking lot below Pine Lake, 10:30. Leave by 11am. That should give me time to wake up load the bike and drive down.
Just made it back from Illinois and nephew's graduation festivities. I plan to be there riding the KLR down. Got the new front sprocket and skid plate done on Friday and almost buriied it in a wet spot at the house. Then took it on a 25 mile loop and it seems good to go. Now anyone have any ideas on how to mount a cooler onto it, suppose to be a hot one tomorrow!
Old 05-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #49353
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
...s I ride along at 20mph under the speed limit to reach the next bar. Ahhhh, freedom.
Perfect! Then you can do poker run reviews!

I ride my cruiser around town sans helmet too often, not smart but I enjoy the feeling of the openess. Mine is whisper quiet, very relaxing at Under 50 mph

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #49354
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Be careful in the heat, if off-road rookies, ride in pairs.

Heard someone yelling for help in over a ledge today. Found a panicked, dehydrated rookie kid lost and crashed on the side of hill. Been a while since someone was that happy to see me.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #49355
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Be careful in the heat, if off-road rookies, ride in pairs.

Heard someone yelling for help in over a ledge today. Found a panicked, dehydrated rookie kid lost and crashed on the side of hill. Been a while since someone was that happy to see me.
Not much worse than being lost, bet you are on his Christmas card list this year! That reminds me, where the hell did I put that extra RAM handlebar mount for my GPS?
Old 05-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #49356
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,491
Well, since I cant do anything to the Magna til the insurance adjuster shows up on Wednesday, I was forced to ride the XR250R today...I needed to get back up on a bike before the fear set in...I'm still a bit sore in spots but mostly feel ok.

So anyway, Dora fired right up for me and we took a nice relaxing back road ride through the Hocking Hills, ending up at the Millstone where I enjoyed a pork roll and a couple Shandys. Then we meandered back up this way for a total ride of about 50 miles, give or take. I was a tad nervous when we first set out, but that quickly passed and I had a fun afternoon. Turns out my left wrist is still twingey during certain movements but other than that, I feel pretty good.

Of course, I get home to find that the sprayer hose on the kitchen faucet (which I replaced a couple months ago) is leaking...so I've got that on my honey-do list...grrrr its always something, eh?

Anyway, I'm happy to report that I'm still able to ride and will be back in the saddle just as soon as I can get a check from Progressive.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #49357
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post

Anyway, I'm happy to report that I'm still able to ride and will be back in the saddle just as soon as I can get a check from Progressive.

Good to hear, sorry I never made it down there this weekend.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #49358
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2012

Oddometer: 776
Catch i[

Sion, glad you are ok; thanks for reducing the deer population by one; glad you had gear and are getting by on boo boo candy instead of more serious medical issues.

MGorman... you have the earnest adventures.

Buildit - Loved Tar Hollow and the backroads around Columbus and Hocking Hills... great day.

Carrie - Was in Columbus today and my friend decided he wanted to see the Museum of Biological Diversity (hey, it showed up in the Garmin after eating Jeni's ice cream)... Did they have to close this Museum at OSU?

Thanks for doing time in the Sandbox, Army Joe... every time I see a CanAm three wheeler, I think of you.

Thank you to all the veterans,

Have a good Memorial Day,

Lisa
Old 05-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #49359
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Just back from a nice couple of days out on the motorcycle with my buddy bryguy. He, (bryguy,) doesn't post here but does post in tag.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #49360
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,760
Didn't see many bikes this weekend, or people, but I saw a lot of water and me and the labrador spent some quality time on the river. Was a bit hot camping at night, but great on the water.

My scout...checking all potential hazards in case a tennis ball or rawhide might attack. Never get off the boat, man.

Really enjoyed it, the pooch and I did a lot of miles. I've only done a few paddles with him in the boat, but he was a trooper just sat there soaking it all in. Once and a while he'd jump out and swim around, and he'd always catch back up and hop in again.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #49361
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,419
3 of us (mctacticool, somecallmetim, and I) did 1100 miles of 2 lane and gravel through OH, PA, WV, and VA the last 3 days. Lots of cool roads and used-to-be roads, camping at Spruce Knob and in the Geo. Washington Nat. Forest.

Cool in the mountains, hot in the valleys...

All in all, a damn fine time.

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #49362
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
Just made it back from Illinois and nephew's graduation festivities. I plan to be there riding the KLR down. Got the new front sprocket and skid plate done on Friday and almost buriied it in a wet spot at the house. Then took it on a 25 mile loop and it seems good to go. Now anyone have any ideas on how to mount a cooler onto it, suppose to be a hot one tomorrow!
Just got home to the folks. Have to load everything up yet but at least I have the gear together. Look forward to seeing you and Benly in the AM.
2006 KLR650
2001 YX426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #49363
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer: 992
[QUOTE=MeefZah;18779762]3 of us (mctacticool, somecallmetim, and I) did 1100 miles of 2 lane and gravel through OH, PA, WV, and VA the last 3 days. Lots of cool roads and used-to-be roads, camping at Spruce Knob and in the Geo. Washington Nat. Forest.
/QUOTE]
I was just down that way the weekend of April 13th camped at Seneca Rocks

had a great lunch at Hellbenders Burritos in Davis WV
steveb126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:53 AM   #49364
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Mark,
Does this prove you are a hot head? I did notice however the ADV salute is still cool

WR 426
TTR 125
S2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:03 AM   #49365
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2P View Post
Mark,
Does this prove you are a hot head? I did notice however the ADV salute is still cool
That was the last thing the Predator saw before Mark smashed him in the face with a rock and called him an ugly motherfucker.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote