ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #53536
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benly View Post
OK, let's figure on another ride in Tar Hollow in 3 months. I got the best news I think I could get from the Ortho today. He said the shoulder separation was pretty big but based on my extremely good range of motion he saw no need for surgery and no reason I shouldn't make a full recovery. No work restrictions (I have a desk job) and I could pretty much do whatever the shoulder will tolerate (within reason.) I asked him if I could ride my street bike and after hesitating for a moment he said it shouldn't be a problem after it healed a bit more but recommended I not fall down again.

Guess I'll be watching for some dirt/gravel rides over the next couple months. The Bob Ramsey ride and the Flint Ridge Road Enduro will be too soon for me though. Sucks because I really wanted to see how good my time keeping skills are.
Sounds like good news from a standpoint of recovery without surgery.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #53537
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Good ride today at Wayne...invisible_monster showed up and we explored the trail network off by itself east of Nelsonville, it's pretty cool had it all to ourselves and it's not nearly as groomed and easy as the main corridor or the other loops - some of it gets very narrow, no way the big UTV's can get in all of those trails. I recommend it if you go on a weekend, you won't be contending with anyone over there.

Perfect day for trail riding!!

I had an excellent time at Wayne. Hard to believe I've never gone over there with how close it is. Thanks for showing me around!
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #53538
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 688
Got out for a little ride this afternoon although it was raining in spots. Mud helps the KLR's looks anyway.
1st stop, scooted up this on the KLR, I don't see what the big deal is:

I think they had some AMA hill climb national here http://www.pioneermotorcycleclub.com/home.html

Horsed around through Big Bottom and into McConnellsville. Explored some Morgan Co dirt across to 339 and more dirt back into Lowell. Ended up with about 120 miles.

The leaves down here are looking good.
ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #53539
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 290
Pioneer Motorcycle Club - Trail Toy Run -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Got out for a little ride this afternoon although it was raining in spots. Mud helps the KLR's looks anyway.

I think they had some AMA hill climb national here

http://www.pioneermotorcycleclub.com/home.html

That's some good riding country down there in Beverly - the Pioneer Motorcycle Club puts on hill climbs each year and that pic (above) ain't it. Their hill climb is a wall, with a step, with a continuing wall and a step, etc. Of course, they give you 10' of approach to do that so you can get a good run at it. I clicked on the link (above) and it's a Toy Run Trail Ride - 10 mile trail. Pioneer always put on, IMHO, the best enduro of each year so I'm banking that they've put together a great 10 miles of riding.

Entry fee is one toy (non-stuffed) - that's a good deal to help out the kids in Morgan County ( I think it's Morgan - could be Washington County - and those kids need it down there.

I won't miss this ride-

Speaking of hill climbs, did anyone go down to the Devil's Staircase National Hill Climb down near Wilmington yesterday?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #53540
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post
That's some good riding country down there in Beverly - the Pioneer Motorcycle Club puts on hill climbs each year and that pic (above) ain't it. Their hill climb is a wall, with a step, with a continuing wall and a step, etc. Of course, they give you 10' of approach to do that so you can get a good run at it...
They gate everything off so the hills and trails are locked up. That's about all you can see from the road. A guy that works for me won a district hill climb atv series a few years back.

For vids of the big one, look for waterford hill climbs on youtube.
ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #53541
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 533
Quote:
They're both over-played crap.

Look for the Chris LeDoux version. Much better than the Rascal Flatts "Chipmunks Do Country" stuff. He was an awesome country singer who also won the National Finals Rodeo Bronc Riding buckle, '76-ish? He was the real deal. I still regret not going to Kentucky to see him when I had the chance.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #53542
flashover604
tailgunner

Oddometer: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
David Allen Coe plays Screamin Willies pretty often.

I like all the 70's and 80's stuff listened to the normal fare for years before I expanded into that twangy stuff, and I even like acts like Eric Church.My other favorite genre is rockabilly and I've been getting string bands like OCMS and The Devil Makes Three lately.

Don't get me wrong, I can dig on some good dropped "D" heavy stuff, but only in small doses.
I think DAC will be at Screaming Willies this weekend.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #53543
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashover604 View Post
Look for the Chris LeDoux version. Much better than the Rascal Flatts "Chipmunks Do Country" stuff. He was an awesome country singer who also won the National Finals Rodeo Bronc Riding buckle, '76-ish? He was the real deal. I still regret not going to Kentucky to see him when I had the chance.
I've got a couple of his albums, he's good stuff. I'm not a huge country fan, but I like what I like. I dig folks like Steve Earle, Dwight Yoakam, Junior Brown, etc. Like a lot of bluegrass too, my grandfather and his brother were session guys in the 60's and played on a who's who of bluegrass albums. Grew up with that stuff, still love it.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #53544
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post

I think they had some AMA hill climb national here http://www.pioneermotorcycleclub.com/home.html

Horsed around through Big Bottom and into McConnellsville. Explored some Morgan Co dirt across to 339 and more dirt back into Lowell. Ended up with about 120 miles.

The leaves down here are looking good.
My old stomping grounds. Watching the hill climbs were a lot of fun when I was a kid, they ran some at night with the hillside lit up with stadium lights... was quite a sight. A lot of underage drinking took place during the weekends when Pioneer MC Club had a hill climb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post
That's some good riding country down there in Beverly
Grew up in Beverly. So many good roads that I've forgotten and need to rediscover.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #53545
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,094
Quote:
I've got a couple of his albums, he's good stuff. I'm not a huge country fan, but I like what I like. I dig folks like Steve Earle, Dwight Yoakam, Junior Brown, etc. Like a lot of bluegrass too, my grandfather and his brother were session guys in the 60's and played on a who's who of bluegrass albums. Grew up with that stuff, still love it.
Give Old Crow Medicine Show and The Devil Makes Three a listen if you haven't already.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #53546
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,037
Quote:
Give Old Crow Medicine Show and The Devil Makes Three a listen if you haven't already.
Wagon Wheel is one of my all time favorites

If you get into the Fayetteville WV area look for Wild Rumpus playing around area while you're there. They do some pretty good OCMS along with their own stuff.

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:52 AM   #53547
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,306
Quote:
Give Old Crow Medicine Show ....
'FlaggerWife has declared we'll be going to their show coming up here in C-bus.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #53548
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,749
Free stuff...get it before Goodwill does.

Set of new Cycra plastic for Pro-Bend handguards, blue.

Nelson Rigg small teardrop magnetic tank bag, good shape has a rain cover and a strap so you can swing it around like a purse.

Pair of Fox Strafer pants, good shape with hip pads size 32. Some grime stains on the inside panels, but otherwise in great shape. Nice pants, but too small for me.

Pesky curious cat. Fat, irritable, shits and eats a lot.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #53549
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,213
If you are interested in shipping them, I'd be interested in the Cycra guards. They would be spares for when I eventually break the ones on my bike, so if someone else has an immediate use, they trump me.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #53550
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Wagon Wheel is one of my all time favorites
Holy crap, You said something nice & not smarmy or sarcastic in any way.

Furthermore it is something I actually agree with. Amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gX1EP6mG-E