ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #53836
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by rellim_63 View Post
Checked the crow canyon website. Says all demos and track closed today. Trails open
Well it looks like I made the right decision in cancelling my trip then. I don't think I'll go tomorrow either because it's 4 hours there and back for me. :(

Guess I'll have to get my KTM demo's from Bob and Michael...

I'm assuming he must have used a tear off to get his goggles so clean.. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.

indypup screwed with this post 10-27-2012 at 10:42 AM
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #53837
MrFurious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 694
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!

Suffice to say my riding season sucked donkey balls this year. Buggered up my lower back again at the beginning of June which pretty much kept me from riding the rest of the summer. Finally getting to where I feel decent enough to start riding again so things are looking up a little even thought he season is winding down fast.

As I had somewhat expected, my continued back issues are my own fault from spending too much time sitting on my ass working at the computer and never exercising. It's not a skeletal issue, but rather a muscular one in that the muscles in my lower back that run up along either side of the spine to stabilize the upper torso (thoracolumbar fascia and/or erector spinae muscles) have gotten weak/lazy, and I'm basically overworking them now when I try to do long rides because they're not used to having to work so much or for so long. I also have an iliopsoas issue for the same reason which is affecting the angle at which my pelvis sits and is contributing to my lower back issues. Needless to say it's going to be a long winter trying to get these things sorted out so I can actually get to where I can ride for the lengths/distances I want to again.

On the brighter side of things, I'm still officially a non-smoker - 9 whole months and counting! Only time I ever even crave one anymore is when I have a beer, so needless to say I've pretty much quit drinking as well. Unfortunately I've also put on 30 pounds since quitting so I need to work on that this winter to. I haven't breached the 200-lb barrier yet, but I'm damn close and definitely don't want to! If I can get back down into the 160-170-lb range I'll be happy.

In other news, I still have the C14 as apparently everyone wants one but doesn't want to shell out the bucks. Not sure what I'm going to do with it at this point as I still love everything about the bike, but it just aggravates the hell out of me that I can't enjoy it the way I really want to. Seeing it sitting in the garage knowing I can't ride it as much as I'd like to has the same effect as being tormented day in and day out by a big slice of chocolate cake just sitting there begging you to eat it when you're on a diet.

Still toying with the idea of getting a small D/S to dink around on. Not much call for a D/S here in the heart of the NTZ, but I figure if nothing else I can use it to zip around town on and get twice the gas mileage with it that the C14 gets. Can't afford the KTM 350 EXC-F that I really, really, REALLY want, so as of right now I'm kinda leaning towards a new CRF250L or - if I come across one for a reasonable price - a used WR250R. Won't be looking to buy until after the first of the year (and after the government loots my coffers), so I'm in no hurry.

MrFurious screwed with this post 10-27-2012 at 11:33 AM
MrFurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #53838
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 9,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!

On the brighter side of things, I'm still officially a non-smoker - 9 whole months and counting!

Congrats on beating that demon!
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #53839
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post
The Road Enduro riding out of Flint Ridge Park, Sunday, in Licking County

Has been postponed. Weather.

Due to poor weather conditions predicted for tomorrow, Oct, 28, we are rescheduling the Adventure Enduro for either next Saturday or Sunday, depending on the forecast. If you are planning on attending call me at 740 281-6761 on Thursday of this week to confirm the day. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

John DeVito
That`s good news for me. I have a swap meet this Sunday but should be able to make next weekend.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #53840
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,310
Any of you know how to remove the spring from the shock in the following post:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=685

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #53841
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post

Congrats on beating that demon!
Are you still beating the devil's lettuce?

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #53842
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Are you still beating the devil's lettuce?
I have 12 more days until it has been a full year since my last smoke. I am also down 52 lbs. I have plateaued quite a bit the last few months, but at least I am maintaining the same weight. Thanks for asking. I have gotten a lot of support from friends on here and it has helped greatly. Too many of you guys and gals to kick my ass if I go back now.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #53843
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,164
Quote:
I have 12 more days until it has been a full year since my last smoke. I am also down 52 lbs. I have plateaued quite a bit the last few months, but at least I am maintaining the same weight. Thanks for asking. I have gotten a lot of support from friends on here and it has helped greatly. Too many of you guys and gals to kick my ass if I go back now.
How'd you do it?
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #53844
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
That's awesome! Way to go man
Old 10-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #53845
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Any of you know how to remove the spring from the shock in the following post:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=685
Loosen up the collars,and it might have a lock under the spring somewhere. Just something to consider here,but you might want to revalve too while it's that far apart.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #53846
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
How'd you do it?
Chantix worked for the smoking. Anyone that met me knew what a chain smoker I was. 2-3 packs a day. As far as weight loss, I cut out fast food and junk food. I eat an apple for breakfast, subway sub for lunch and apples instead of chips, and dinner is a salad and a small helping of whatever the family had for dinner. I also started back in April to walk at least a mile every day and then it went to running. Now I run 2-3 times a week but walk every day. I admit that the plateau has come with me cheating a lot lately and not taking it as serious as I was. Long way to go still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
That's awesome! Way to go man
Thanks, and same to you. You have been very supportive in the Chantix and what to expect. Herewego has been a great motivator as well as others. Thank you all for the best last 12 months I have had in over 10 years!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #53847
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Loosen up the collars,and it might have a lock under the spring somewhere. Just something to consider here,but you might want to revalve too while it's that far apart.
Backed the collars off as far as they would go ... didn't see anything. Spring still had quite a bit of tension even then. I'll take another look though.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #53848
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Backed the collars off as far as they would go ... didn't see anything. Spring still had quite a bit of tension even then. I'll take another look though.
I think you'll need a spring compressor to get the locks off the non threaded end on the shock. Only person I know with one is over in Xenia.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #53849
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
I think you'll need a spring compressor to get the locks off the non threaded end on the shock. Only person I know with one is over in Xenia.
Mark?
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #53850
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Mark?
Smiling John and Pig tails.