ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 05:44 AM   #53881
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
I didn't experience any kind of mood swings or weird dreams. Now I feel cheated!
And you got the "head vagnia" so really, he got the better end of that deal.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #53882
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
Awesome, awesome, awesome dreams. I miss them badly. I could describe them for hours but you wouldnt understand unless you had your own. Every sense is heightened in your dream, especially touch, smell, and taste! Nothing sexual in my dreams, just weird stuff.

I always enjoyed getting text messages from you describing those dreams, but I still wonder why I played such a prominent role in them...?

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #53883
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I swear to crap, if I have to hear one more thing about the "Perfect Storm", I'm going to puke.....
You and Clooney both.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #53884
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I always enjoyed getting text messages from you describing those dreams, but I still wonder why I played such a prominent role in them...?
Well, lets be honest, you are a bit exaggerated in real life, I feel like in a acid trip type situation, you would be very Fritz the Catish...

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:52 AM   #53885
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Well, lets be honest, you are a bit exaggerated in real life, I feel like in a acid trip type situation, you would be very Fritz the Catish...
I actually had to Google that.

Hmmm....

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #53886
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
I swear to crap, if I have to hear one more thing about the "Perfect Storm", I'm going to puke.....
I'm still wondering what the hell happened to Halloween and thanksgiving. Have you been to a store recently?
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #53887
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Thinking about riding up to do the Flint Ridge Road Enduro on the WR next weekend. Never done anything like this before on a motorcycle. I see no gps allowed, how about the cue sheet? Do you need one of those roll things? Is it mostly gravel?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #53888
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
Recovery is slower then I would like. He said it looks like my bones are growing together good and I can start to put some weight on it. I start therapy next week. I go back to the doctor Dec. 5th he said I may or may not beable to walk by then that everyone heals diffrent.

Talk to your surgeon about getting the hardware removed once things have healed. Your screws stick through a lot farther than mine and If I take an impact to the area where the screws come through I get a bunch of bruising and a muscle that feels like it is torn for a while.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #53889
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
Talk to your surgeon about getting the hardware removed once things have healed. Your screws stick through a lot farther than mine and If I take an impact to the area where the screws come through I get a bunch of bruising and a muscle that feels like it is torn for a while.

Same deal as rxcrider, sometimes during thunderstorms,cold weather, or alot of use in my ankle I can feel them. I was warned that they also have a tendency to back out over time too.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #53890
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Perhaps request locktite next time.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #53891
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646

Old 10-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #53892
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Perhaps request locktite next time.
Red or blue?
Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #53893
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 294
to the best of my knowledge -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Thinking about riding up to do the Flint Ridge Road Enduro on the WR next weekend. Never done anything like this before on a motorcycle. I see no gps allowed, how about the cue sheet? Do you need one of those roll things? Is it mostly gravel?
I believe it states 'no computer' of which a GPS might quality - but that is only if you enter the 'enduro competion' for which there are prizes. You are not required to enter the 'competition'. If you just want to ride the route, you can use a GPS or whatever.

one of those roll things - incredibly handy, much more so than taping it to your gas tank or opening your pocket 114 times.
It's called a 'roll chart holder' - and the cue sheet is commonly known as a 'roll chart'. Just makes life easy - also, I can make notes regarding gas stops, by-passes, tricky intersections etc. So as I roll the chart up - I am duly informed. (bring scissors and scotch tape, although the club always has them too.)

I don't know if Iron Pony sells them. Think $24.99 - $99.99. IMHO - the wider the 'view' the better as the roll chart information seems to be ever increasing. I'm happy with my $24. model. Probably any shop that caters an enduro clientele will sell them. Could be known as KTM shops. Probably any shop with dirt bikes in SE Ohio.

As for gravel - they're starting out of Flint Ridge and ending up in the Mohawk dam area ( about 40 miles). My guess is that the Mohawk/Warsaw area will be gravel. How much gravel they find in between is anyone's guess.

I really liked the Spring Road Enduro - all at your own pace if you want. Even then, the 'competition' keeps an average of 30mph - so, it is far from a race.

Of course, the ride is still tentative at this point (Monday, 10/29).

BOB RAMSAY screwed with this post 10-29-2012 at 12:14 PM
BOB RAMSAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #53894
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
Thanks for the tip. Looks like they could put a lock nut on that lower screw. I figure my MX boots are going to be real painful. I have been putting a little weight on it but wow is it ever sore. I did get on the WR (slowly) last Thursday and went for a short ride. I wasn't sure how I was going to get off the bike when I got home and worried more about that then I did enjoying the ride but it was still great to get back on the bike and ride.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #53895
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
One of my riding buddies that comes along sometimes just places the sheets in the map holder on top of his tank bag.