ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #55936
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Anyone have a stock carb laying around for a DRZ400s?
How about from a 1994 DR350? If I can find it.

EDIT: Sorry, I've been informed by my brother that it's long gone.

ScienceOfDirt screwed with this post 01-16-2013 at 05:04 PM
ScienceOfDirt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #55937
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
I am in need of a set of after market pipes for a 1975 Suzuki GT550 triple. If anyone knows where I could get some in the USA.
Let me check with the local MC salvage yard.
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #55938
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,099
Any of you WRR guys done any of the airbox modifications? I'm about 100 pages deep in the megathread, and have seen a few references to doing stuff with the snorkel and flapper.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #55939
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Any of you WRR guys done any of the airbox modifications? I'm about 100 pages deep in the megathread, and have seen a few references to doing stuff with the snorkel and flapper.

This will help. http://rickramsey.net/WR250Rmods.htm#flapper I have done both of mine and marks. I went crazy cutting on my Rs air box. If you want you can give me a call for more details.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #55940
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
My bike has the emissions stuff removed (AIS), but nothing modified on the intake side.
It also has a Sedona front tire and a Trakmaster rear as of 20 mins ago. Shouldn't be spinning out in the mud now.
The front was a bear to get the valve stem aligned and inserted. Both mounted easily with a 8" lever and a curved 15" lever.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #55941
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
This will help. http://rickramsey.net/WR250Rmods.htm#flapper I have done both of mine and marks. I went crazy cutting on my Rs air box. If you want you can give me a call for more details.
Did you notice any real difference? I'm pretty sure you are right about the cat being cut out of my muffler, I think adding some air would help.

Also, we were all concerned about the rimlock hole on Caleb's bike being a problem with the new tube and my damn bike had a rimlock hole in the wheel all along....

Old 01-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #55942
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
My bike has the emissions stuff removed (AIS), but nothing modified on the intake side.
It also has a Sedona front tire and a Trakmaster rear as of 20 mins ago. Shouldn't be spinning out in the mud now.
The front was a bear to get the valve stem aligned and inserted. Both mounted easily with a 8" lever and a curved 15" lever.
I'm contemplating removing the AIS and EXUP. I have yet to run a Trakmaster, I have a new one in the garage or my little KLR, but never put it on. My WRR had 606's on it and man, those are niiiiice, I can't complain one bit about how they stick to pavement or gravel, and in the slop, they just pull. I'll be running them on this bike until I ride on something better....

Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #55943
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,665
I'll be interested in seeing what you think of your WR vs the KLR. I'm thinking of getting a 250 sized bike for the further street rides, because the 450 is awful. The Sherpa, and the WR are on the radar, but I'll probably end up with a 570 or something.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #55944
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceOfDirt View Post
I'll be interested in seeing what you think of your WR vs the KLR. I'm thinking of getting a 250 sized bike for the further street rides, because the 450 is awful. The Sherpa, and the WR are on the radar, but I'll probably end up with a 570 or something.

KLR 250 vs.WRR there is no comparison. The KLR jr. is a great bike, and I don't think it can be killed. That said, the WRR runs all over it powerwise, handles way better on the street, has much better spring for the rough stuff, and the electric starter and fuel injection make starting after a drop a dream compared to the KLR. I have used up the suspension on the KLR a bunch of times, it just doesn't have the travel. However, the Sherpa and the KLR are two totally different bikes, the Sherpa is lighter, air cooled and has the magic button.

On the street, I actually prefer my KLR 650 to the WRR. It doesn't handle as well, but it's a hell of a lot more comfortable, and there is no replacement for displacement. I love the torque the big thumper has, I like not having to worry about what gear I am in and still being able to have decent acceleration when I twist the throttle.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #55945
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Did you notice any real difference? I'm pretty sure you are right about the cat being cut out of my muffler, I think adding some air would help.

Also, we were all concerned about the rimlock hole on Caleb's bike being a problem with the new tube and my damn bike had a rimlock hole in the wheel all along....
That flapper on the air box and all that other crap just bugs me. Does it help, I don't know. Does it hurt anything, I don't think so. I cut the air box when I put the EFI Controller on and the aftermarket pipe.
Here is the post about my Cat. removal. If yours has been cut you should beable to see where they welded the pipe. http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t6...verter-removal
I think a fuel Controller is the best mod. you can do. These bikes seem real lean from the factory. I am looking for a deal on one for the X. I did get a good deal on a skid plate on ebay today.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #55946
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

yeah, I'm shopping around for a programmer. I bought heated grips for the 650 and the WRR today, think I'm going to get some heated gear tomorrow, so I'm burning this weeks bike budget up pretty quick. Luckily Oceanbum's buddy is buying my lil KLR on friday.

Gonzo_Matt screwed with this post 01-16-2013 at 06:33 PM
Old 01-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #55947
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Anyone have a stock carb laying around for a DRZ400s?
Mikuni BSR36 CV Carb IIRC. Nope,I do have a BST40 if it's needed. I assume you need settings?
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #55948
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
yeah, I'm shopping around for a programmer. I bought heated grips for the 650 and the WRR today, think I'm going to get some heated gear tomorrow, so I'm burning this weeks bike budget up pretty quick. Luckily Oceanbum's buddy is buying my lil KLR on friday.
I bought this one last oct. for the R. http://electronicjetkit.com/default.asp some guy had them new in the box on ebay for $100. I need to find a deal like that again. Let me know if you find a deal.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #55949
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Mikuni BSR36 CV Carb IIRC. Nope,I do have a BST40 if it's needed. I assume you need settings?

No, I broke a tab the retains the jet needle in place. If it were my bike, I'd rig it but it isn't so I need to get a new slide.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:31 AM   #55950
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,261
Quote:
I didn't notice any real difference, although there is less shit to go wrong without that stuff.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote