ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #58441
buildit
Pumpkin Rider

Oddometer: 13,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Unrelated drivel:

Fuck yahoo.

If you are a poor dumb bastard that somehow got "The New Mail" and can't get out of it, after some marathon searching I found this link, which will unfuck the settings and return you to Classic Mail.

No need to disable Java or install an outdated browser to trick Yahoo.

Newer ain't necessarially better.

http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/switchclassic

If you had your mail set as your home page you will have to reset the web address in Internet Options but once you do it works as it should.
Wish there was a way to undo the cluster that is the switch from Hotmail to outlook.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #58442
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
There's been many big bikes up and down it. It's not difficult dry but interesting wet or with snow. 2up isn't bad if you are competent. The only thing making it difficult for rookies right now is the embankment around the log pile. It makes for a nice diversion from the average gravel road.

Indy, quit stirring the pot
The big tree with the hill climb around it has been cut out. There is about a 12" diameter log there still, sitting at just the right angle to make it a interesting obstacle.

In the wet, it would all depend on the tire selection. The best rider in the world isn't going to be able to climb a muddy hill with the wrong tires.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #58443
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 1,802
Quote:
Unrelated drivel:

Fuck yahoo.

If you are a poor dumb bastard that somehow got "The New Mail" and can't get out of it, after some marathon searching I found this link, which will unfuck the settings and return you to Classic Mail.

No need to disable Java or install an outdated browser to trick Yahoo.

Newer ain't necessarially better.

http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/switchclassic

If you had your mail set as your home page you will have to reset the web address in Internet Options but once you do it works as it should.
Hotmail and photobucket just pulled the new and improved shit too. The new Hotmail isn't bad,much less changed, photobucket sucks a fat one now.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #58444
Screzzy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
The big tree with the hill climb around it has been cut out. There is about a 12" diameter log there still, sitting at just the right angle to make it a interesting obstacle.

In the wet, it would all depend on the tire selection. The best rider in the world isn't going to be able to climb a muddy hill with the wrong tires.
I've never been to Stone Quarry. I wonder if it would be SV-able without the log crossing. Thoughts?
Screzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #58445
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screzzy View Post
I've never been to Stone Quarry. I wonder if it would be SV-able without the log crossing. Thoughts?
Depends on your skill level and willingness to drop your bike. It's really not that bad dry like this, the toughest obstacle at this point are just the washed out ruts, they cross back and forth, and if you drop into one, you are committed to stay in it on a big bike.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #58446
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBBaron View Post
Yep and most ended up on their side at some point.

At least mine did

Craig
I made it down Stone Quarry that day with my DL1000 without dropping it, but just to be polite and not make others feel bad I dropped it in a little tiny rut at the end of the Glenmont Trial like I was some complete noob.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #58447
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
The worst big bike hill I ever took on was going down Lady Run Road in Tar Hollow (which if you haven't been on it is about quad-width rocks and water and the same down-ward grade as Stone Quarry)...once you start down you have to just commit and control your speed. There's a ledge that's too big to go over slow (or you'll bottom the engine/skid plate on it), so you have to hit it with enough speed to loft the front wheel. On a dirt bike, no biggie - on a 550lb Strom? Fuuuuuuck. Scared the living shit out of me, but I got down it. I never did it twice, I'll tell ya that. I had Deb jump off the back and walk it cause I was pretty sure I'd eat shit on the way down.

Dry Branch aint no picnic either

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #58448
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 2,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
Dry Branch aint no picnic either
I can't remember the one we stopped and looked at from the bottom up. Is that Dry Branch?
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #58449
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 9,877
Quote:
If you're going to do it on an SV don't be a pussy and opt of the log crossing.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #58450
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I can't remember the one we stopped and looked at from the bottom up. Is that Dry Branch?

Lady Run is the one we went up (you fell a couple times) and Dry Branch we looked at but went down along the creek instead

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #58451
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 2,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
Lady Run is the one we went up (you fell a couple times) and Dry Branch we looked at but went down along the creek instead
I'd probably try it now with the way I have the WRR setup.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #58452
Screzzy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
If you're going to do it on an SV don't be a pussy and opt of the log crossing.
Ha. You must have some SV parts to sell....exhaust pipe maybe?
Screzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #58453
mic_detonator
ride

Oddometer: 791
Indy and matt did you both work it out and ride together?
mic_detonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #58454
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 9,877
Quote:
Ha. You must have some SV parts to sell....exhaust pipe maybe?
I actually smashed the header of the DL (same setup as the SV) about 1/2 closed, by bottoming it on a rock on Cinnamon Pass. Seems to work just as well as it did before though.

The lower ground clearance of the SV might render that header totally smashed shut, if you hit a rock the right way.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #58455
Badjuju
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
I actually smashed the header of the DL (same setup as the SV) about 1/2 closed, by bottoming it on a rock on Cinnamon Pass. Seems to work just as well as it did before though.
Meef: Not sure if you belong to LocalRidersdotcom, but one of the inmates there was offering up some OEM DL/Wee exhaust parts a few weeks back....free, maybe, or at least cheap? Send a PM to Dave Bannister and check if he's still got 'em.

Post #8 here: http://www.localriders.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17407
Some people will tell you that slow is good, and it may be on some days, but I am here to tell you that fast is better... Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... Hunter S Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature
Badjuju is offline   Reply With Quote