ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 05:25 AM   #59116
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Passed a red Strom and a yellow GS near SR 800 and Moravian Trail Rd., near Dennison a half hour ago. Both riders in hi viz jackets.

I gave ya the finga!!!!

Anyone here?
I was the guy on the KTM supermoto that rode with you yesterday. Wish i could have stayed with you guys longer, I had a blast.
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #59117
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
I was the guy on the KTM supermoto that rode with you yesterday. Wish i could have stayed with you guys longer, I had a blast.
Oh cool, I put a message up on OR since you mentioned that site. Dude, you were destroying that gravel on street tires, and two up! We were all impressed.

It was nice to meet you and your girl. Hope to ride with you again!

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #59118
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer: 1,018
I saw 2 blue bikes and 1 orange bike on a trailer pulled by a white van early morning yesterday 250 & 77. When I was heading home I thought I seen the same set up on 39 off 77. Grassman participants ? Inmates ?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #59119
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I just got home from the Grassman DS ride. )
Well my first shot at an organized DS ride didn't quite go as planned. iPup and I started out together but got separated almost immediately. I missed one of the turns in the woods and ended up running part of the trail twice. I was all amped up trying to get looped back around to figure out where I missed my turn and went down at the bottom of a steep downhill section. When I went to pull my bike up I felt a rip in my right arm. Looks like I've torn my bicep where it attaches at the elbow. I was able to ride ok but I knew if I fell again I probably wouldn't be able to pick the bike up. While tip-toeing my way along the trail looking for a place to jump off and head back to my truck I got hung up on a couple of logs. Waited for a bit until the sweep guys came along. They got me unstuck and pointed in the right direction to get off the single track and back to my truck. Going to see my doctor today to get a verdict on the arm...
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #59120
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible monster View Post
Well my first shot at an organized DS ride didn't quite go as planned. iPup and I started out together but got separated almost immediately. I missed one of the turns in the woods and ended up running part of the trail twice. I was all amped up trying to get looped back around to figure out where I missed my turn and went down at the bottom of a steep downhill section. When I went to pull my bike up I felt a rip in my right arm. Looks like I've torn my bicep where it attaches at the elbow. I was able to ride ok but I knew if I fell again I probably wouldn't be able to pick the bike up. While tip-toeing my way along the trail looking for a place to jump off and head back to my truck I got hung up on a couple of logs. Waited for a bit until the sweep guys came along. They got me unstuck and pointed in the right direction to get off the single track and back to my truck. Going to see my doctor today to get a verdict on the arm...
Ouch, that sucks. One of the guys at work tore his at the shoulder, took about 2 weeks before he was using a shovel, full capacity in 6.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #59121
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Ouch, that sucks. One of the guys at work tore his at the shoulder, took about 2 weeks before he was using a shovel, full capacity in 6.
+1 torn muscles suck. Hope you heal fast.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #59122
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Oh cool, I put a message up on OR since you mentioned that site. Dude, you were destroying that gravel on street tires, and two up! We were all impressed.

It was nice to meet you and your girl. Hope to ride with you again!
Haha, thanks. I was concerned when we took off that i would hold you guys up once we hit gravel, but you were riding at the perfect pace for me. It was nice following someone so i wouldn't run too hot into the gnarly stuff which sometimes happens riding alone.

As far as being two up, I've never had that bike on gravel solo, so i'm just used to it I guess. It helps having a passenger that doesn't freak out at all when the bike gets sideways.

After we broke off and gassed up my gravel desire had been ignited and i headed home using the sun for direction and took back roads all the way back to akron.

I'll send you a pm with my info, I'd definitely be up for riding with you guys again.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #59123
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,545
Quote:
I'd definitely be up for riding with you guys again.

I know its a haul from Akron to Columbus...but try to make dinner sometime:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758642

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #59124
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Looks like I've got a job. It's a temporary position with the City of Columbus. I'll need to work 480 hours, under 40 hours per week, and beyond that, it's mostly up to me. Which means I'll have lots of 3 day weekends.

Most importantly, the job will allow me to justify replacing the Tenere... and will give me spending money for when I'm out of work again... the plan right now is to be done working pre-September, and spend the month of September (+/-) riding out west.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #59125
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,110
Quote:

Black and Silver? I was northbound on I77 Saturday afternoon when one came along as I getting on the freeway from 30.

I'm just south of you and my buddy just picked up a 610SM

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #59126
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
I know its a haul from Akron to Columbus...but try to make dinner sometime:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758642
My girlfriend is starting an internship in Mt. Vernon in a few weeks, So it really wouldn't be that out of the way for us to make it down there.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #59127
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Black and Silver? I was northbound on I77 Saturday afternoon when one came along as I getting on the freeway from 30.

I'm just south of you and my buddy just picked up a 610SM
Nope, Its orange.

Sweet, I'd be up for some supermoto style riding. I'm slow on pavement though, for a sumo.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #59128
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Looks like I've got a job. It's a temporary position with the City of Columbus. I'll need to work 480 hours, under 40 hours per week, and beyond that, it's mostly up to me. Which means I'll have lots of 3 day weekends.

Most importantly, the job will allow me to justify replacing the Tenere... and will give me spending money for when I'm out of work again... the plan right now is to be done working pre-September, and spend the month of September (+/-) riding out west.

congrats

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #59129
indypup
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,603
Grassman

Here's some quotes from TT on the grassman:

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoyle
Grassman enduro kicked my a#@!I It was dry in areas.wet in other areas,roots rocks,mudholes,gnarly creek crossings and tight trees and a lot of off camber trail..If it had been raining,I'd still be down there somewhere!Korey and C-bus laid out a true enduro course for sure!I'm gonna be feeling this one for a few days.I didn't ride great,but enjoyed it a lot..got some barb wire wrapped around my rear axle and rotor in one section that dashed any hopes of a $5 plaque. .Took me about 20 minutes to get it all cut outIt was great hanging out last night with the guys bench racing..I'm sure TJ,Big Mike,Toby.JB and Colin will have their own stories to tell .fingers are too sore to type anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by copsey
I'm tired, sore and my legs are still cramping. I had fun but rode terribly, it all culminated in getting stuck in the last section. I ended up having to flip the bike over backwards to get it out after trying to pull it out for 10 minutes. Ripped up a new jersey and smashed a knee, all in all a great day though! It was a real, tough enduro. I dropped 59 if I added correctly and finished 6th in VetB and lost the points lead I'm pretty sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjktm450sx
yesterday was freaking rough... i dont think MH3 starcrosses were the best for the woods but they worked ok... it was wetter than i expected... definatly the toughest enduro i've done since athens last year... it was a "real enduro"... i feel like i got hit by a mack truck LOL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwire44
Copsey it was nice meeting you, I was the guy talking to you when we signed up yesterday.
The enduro was fun definitely technical, My only real gripe was having to ride about 1/2 of the first section twice, the row in front of us missed the turn and so did we and we ended up back on the same course . I though that mistake had ruined my day but still managed to pull a 3rd so I am pretty happy!
My son got some good footage of a guy not making the hero creek jump and another rider jumping over him..LOL!! pretty awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumperz
Here's my ride report:
Met up with Kenny Sat afternoon and rode over to Norwich to camp for the night. Wanted to try to be comfy so I brought an air mattress (note to self, don't forget the pump). So, I dialed up the Norwich Select Comfort to 100 and tossed & turned for the night. At least I had a good bag & kept warm.

Got up early (since I wasn’t sleeping anyway) and fixed some coffee & oatmeal. It was a cool morning but shaping up to be an absolutely beautiful day!

My primary goal was to come home safe & have fun. Then I wanted to make it to the first gas and if there then shoot for the second. Bike was ready and we were on row 15. Seemed like a good draw. But, I knew I was not far enough ahead of the reserved rows! Those guys were blitzing me. Turns out I would spend most of my day back with the guys on row 30.

They started us out right into the woods. The first section, much like every section, was tight & technical. One of the first of many ditch crossing I tried to hit hard as to not get stuck and I caught traction cartwheeling the bike landing right on my leg. Turns out I didn't have all my carb issues sorted because the idle was too low once I got a few minutes in and the bike kept stalling. I finally stopped to adjust it and discovered one tool missing from my pack…A screwdriver! Pushed on and ended up stuck in a creek crossing. Got myself out but that sapped a lot of much needed energy.

Finally made it out and Dan K's pit crew was there and I was able to get the idle set. A good bit behind already and the trail was deteriorating quickly!

I didn't get back on time until the first gas. I feel like my conditioning is pretty good. But, I realized at that point I was not in riding shape.

I left gas a few minutes behind and into the first section I got stuck in a tricky ravine crossing. Apparently there was a board (read plank) to cross for the first guys. That was quickly knocked off into the ditch and became an obstacle (for me). Fortunately a spectator helped me get out.

Pushed on and the mistakes kept increasing in frequency. Had another little spill & bent my clutch lever and shortly after that got a long vine rapped around my wheel. Got back going and a little after the halfway mark (section 6?) I was nearing my limit and called it a day before the increasing mistakes added up to a big one.

I never could get a flow. I think I picked a tough ride for my first real ride back. But, I had fun and am looking forward to the Flint Ridge dualsport. I'm not sure a lot of the dualsport guys will feel the same. Those that made it out of the 1st section prolly wish they would have quit.

I hope the guys that griped about the first enduros being too easy were there yesterday.

And, I'm with TJ...I feel like I got hit by the jeep that ran Kenny into the ditch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBus660R
Seems like it worked out OK. Very few did the whole route. A lot of DS guys did the first half and called it a day. But none of them complained. Like I said earlier, a lot of those guys know they'll get their ass kicked and quit after 20-30 miles and are happy for the punishment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale
Sounds like everyone got there moneys worth and made it home in one piece even if their bike didn't.
Between having a cold and rehabbing my tennis elbow it's sounds like a good thing I passed.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.

indypup screwed with this post 05-06-2013 at 01:09 PM
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #59130
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,324
Dublin café racer/retro/vintage bike night.

1st Monday of each month.....Yo, that's tonight, May 6th.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/...ic-dublin.html