ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #59146
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero
 
Gonzo_Matt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sparta, Ohio
Oddometer: 2,283
I want to.......


I need to retire, this working stuff is for the birds...
__________________
Once an honest man could go from sunrise to its set without encountering agents of his state or government.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #59147
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer
 
ArmyJoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I want to.......


I need to retire, this working stuff is for the birds...
I don't mind working, I just wish I could afford my hobbies.
__________________
2009 Can-Am Spyder RS, 2008 Yamaha WR250R

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #59148
sion
sigh-own
 
sion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Hocking Hills
Oddometer: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
I don't mind working, I just wish I could afford my hobbies.

well I DO mind working...as Matt said...its for the birds

I just wanna ride man
__________________
I say, there's no such thing as a bad day's riding. -metaljockey

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #59149
mgorman
Crashing since 1964
 
mgorman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Oddometer: 5,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Anyone want to do a little bike ride? Preferably thurs. or fri. during the day (I have to be home around dinner time)... Or Sunday.

I plan to ride Friday, probably off-road since I have yet to transfer my title to get a sticker or plate
__________________
Michael

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #59150
Alacrity
Semi Pro Bar Vaulter
 
Alacrity's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Flyover Country - Unless I'm Elsewhere
Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I want to.......


I need to retire, this working stuff is for the birds...
I'm with ya - no work, kids old enough to ride with or fend for themselves - I'd be all set. Wait...I'll be decrepit by then.
__________________
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't. So far...its working. The bars low
Alacrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #59151
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Anyone want to do a little bike ride? Preferably thurs. or fri. during the day (I have to be home around dinner time)... Or Sunday.

I've got some knobbies to throw on, but I want to make it worth my while, so Perry, or ive got a hard tar hallow loop that's pretty excellent, or Wayne.
The direct link to your crash report in your signature doesn't work.

Edited to add, they're talking about your crash on the Tenere forum.... thought you might want to add your two cents.
__________________
Fuck Bill de Blasio


MeefZah screwed with this post 05-08-2013 at 12:05 PM
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #59152
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,030
Wonder what happened to the link?! The website is still up.

I'll get it fixed and visit the tenere forum this evening when I get home.

Thanks!

And riding Friday?! Anyone have any ideas?
__________________
2008 990 Adventure
2008 WR250R
www.Mikef5000.com
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #59153
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero
 
Gonzo_Matt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sparta, Ohio
Oddometer: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacrity View Post
I'm with ya - no work, kids old enough to ride with or fend for themselves - I'd be all set. Wait...I'll be decrepit by then.
No kidding, I've done the math, and if I manage to finish all the projects I have started now, I will be 146 years old.
__________________
Once an honest man could go from sunrise to its set without encountering agents of his state or government.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #59154
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Wonder what happened to the link?! The website is still up.

I'll get it fixed and visit the tenere forum this evening when I get home.

Thanks!

And riding Friday?! Anyone have any ideas?
I meant to tell you, if you still want to rock out on that cross country trip, the V-Strom is available to you. Just cover the cost of wear items and it's yours.
__________________
Fuck Bill de Blasio

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #59155
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I meant to tell you, if you still want to rock out on that cross country trip, the V-Strom is available to you. Just cover the cost of wear items and it's yours.
That's awesome, and I really appreciate it... but with new job, comes new bike, hopefully within the next couple weeks (when insurance pays out). I already found it, I may put some money down so they hold it.
Actually the only reason I'm starting working now is to get the new bike, and to be able to go on a ride this fall. Otherwise I'd like to take some more time off.

Can you check the link in my signature now? It should be fixed.
__________________
2008 990 Adventure
2008 WR250R
www.Mikef5000.com
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #59156
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe
 
dragoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Frazeysburg, OH
Oddometer: 23,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post

Can you check the link in my signature now? It should be fixed.
It works
__________________
Everyone should be so lucky as to be able to ride a motorbike through the Himalayas.
- Misery Goat


daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #59157
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
That's awesome, and I really appreciate it... but with new job, comes new bike, hopefully within the next couple weeks (when insurance pays out). I already found it, I may put some money down so they hold it.
Actually the only reason I'm starting working now is to get the new bike, and to be able to go on a ride this fall. Otherwise I'd like to take some more time off.

Can you check the link in my signature now? It should be fixed.
It is good now.

What you gonna get then, another Ten?

I'm starting to really like mine... it took 7,000 miles and some extra money to get it set up the way I wanted, but I'm pleased with the decision to have bought it now.

Got me a used Corbin coming and that should be the last of all the mods, now to keep a supply of Shinko 705s in my garage and just ride the ever loving shit out of it.

__________________
Fuck Bill de Blasio

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #59158
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer
 
vivid dadas's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Thumbolia
Oddometer: 864


Sunday at Renaissance Hotel in Columbus, I'm on right, who's on left?
__________________
"Five stinking radicals in a three cylinder Saab!"
vivid dadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #59159
motodirtlover
Motodirtlover
 
motodirtlover's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Tecumseh land
Oddometer: 1,047
Anyone want to ride Sat a.m.? We're going out and pulling road arrows from the enduro/DS, and we may buzz through a few of the easier sections and pull arrows...
motodirtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #59160
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
What you gonna get then, another Ten?

I'm starting to really like mine... it took 7,000 miles and some extra money to get it set up the way I wanted, but I'm pleased with the decision to have bought it now.
Heh. Well. I loved the Tenere no question... But off road I always felt like I was beating the ever loving hell out of it (although it worked very well), and on road I, ummm, perhaps I just a bit pushed it... Maybe... A bit too far there as well.

Plus there's the fact that I'd like to not dive right back into payments, and used Teneres seem to be holding their value pretty well thus far.

So I found a deal on a bit more aggressive type bike. And despite the fact that I despise chains and tube tires... I think I'm going to give it a shot. Worst case, I'll be able to sell or trade it in 6 months or a year and get back what I'll pay for it.


Well hell, just went to pull the picture off the website to post, and it's GONE! Sonofabitch.

Well it was my favorite color, ktm 990 adventure with only 3800 miles, asking only $7500.


But now that it appears sold, I'm back to the drawing board. That is the direction I'm leaning though. At the moment at least.
__________________
2008 990 Adventure
2008 WR250R
www.Mikef5000.com
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014