ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #61306
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
No, expensive hard to find shoes.

Scott,do these run small or larger than normal for fit on the 15?
I only wear 13A (sometimes B) work boots, but when I tried a pair on at IP, they were really wide for my feet. I thought the length was good. I ended up with Fox Comp 5s and wear 2 pairs of socks (1 regular, 1 MX), the Tech 3s would have required 3 or 4 pair of socks to fill.

Edit: My findings are spot on with SCQTT's since I have narrow, low-volume(?) feet.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #61307
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Come over whenever...I have like 10 VW's torn apart right now. I promise I know where the keys are to all of them as well.....

I zoomed by coming home from work about 11:00PM last night, your garage door was open, lights were on, and your dog was right on the edge of the road. Too many distractions.

Good thing you live in Morrow Co, your.........ummmm...........collection would get you in trouble in other areas.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #61308
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,650
Anyone know who's bike this is? it's always parked in the same spot next to El Arepazo restaurant in Columbus right by the State House every time i'm here.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #61309
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,401
Problem is I wear size 16 wide. Some 15s are tolerable,but most aren't. Even finding 15's is a problem. I have the same issue with helmets, some 2x sizes fit, and very few make a 3x. Then there's pants... About the only gear I can fit and find consistently is 2x jackets. Tall sizes are getting hard to find in those now too.

Eh,I'll give a pair a try. Worse comes to worse I'd have to send them back or resell them. Are they on the website?

Danjal screwed with this post 07-25-2013 at 10:02 AM
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #61310
bmoto54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Eh,I'll give a pair a try. Worse comes to worse I'd have to send them back or resell them. Are they on the website?
I bought that same boot last March. I'm a big guy with large calves and they didn't fit very well so I gave them to my son. Danjal we rode with you at Pete's this past spring - I was on a KTM 450 XC-W and my son on a CR250R with black plastic & custom graphics. I have to buy him new boots every 6 months not only because he outgrows them but also because he is very hard on them - he rides a couple times a week and races almost every weekend. He loves them and feels they are very comfortable but doesn't have thick lower legs. His only complaint is the buckles which are very difficult to buckle and unbuckle and become impossible without using a tool for leverage after wet muddy rides/races. I think they are heavy especially compared to the more expensive boots. The molded sole has not been a problem at all and just now the finish is starting to peel off but they get pressure washed almost once per week. Great buy for $80 even if just for back up boots.
bmoto54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #61311
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
I zoomed by coming home from work about 11:00PM last night, your garage door was open, lights were on, and your dog was right on the edge of the road. Too many distractions.

Good thing you live in Morrow Co, your.........ummmm...........collection would get you in trouble in other areas.
Yeah, I'm a bit busy trying to get ready for two show weekends in a row. I had my "new" bus on the trailer and I'm going to fetch another beetle today....

Wasn't my dog...I'm curious who it belongs to, I've found excrement all over the place where our dogs don't go.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #61312
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,314
Quote:

Closeouts are typically in store only, I think. Might wish to confirm that.

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #61313
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
Closeouts are typically in store only, I think. Might wish to confirm that.
I figured they might be. Westerville is a heck of a ride for me with this chaos going on, I'll see if I can slip away for half the day sat/sun though.

They're on the site. Alpinestar AYC. Looks like white/black and black/white are both on there.

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydire...IRT%20PRODUCTS

Danjal screwed with this post 07-25-2013 at 11:45 AM
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #61314
Trapshooter
Monkeying Around

Oddometer: 444
Hey Dan if you are going down there let me know, I could use a pair of 14's in black.

Dave
Trapshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #61315
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyJoe View Post
I'm looking for an executive summary on changing sprockets (and chain) on the WRR. I'd to go up on both. I'm lazy when it comes to chain tightening and don't want to chew through the swing arm with the stock front. In the rear, I'm looking to give up a little top end speed for low end power.

What combinations work well?
Where's a good place to buy parts?
Are any specific brands known for quality or junk?
Anything else I should know before doing this?

Thanks,
Joe

PS - I already have a SpeedoDRD, so I'm prepared for speedo / odo differences.
Rocky Mountain's Primary Drive stuff is decent at a good price point. I am currently running the gold colored chain with 14/50 gearing. My thoughts were that it would prevent chain slider wear but it looks like it is wearing about the same as with the stock sizes. I really am not noticing a tremendous amount more low end grunt even with the much bigger rear but overall I like the gearing and would run it again. I would have to look at the number of links I am running but I recall it is more than Rocky Mountain suggested for that sprocket combo... I think it is 114. I ordered the next chain size down based on their suggestion and it was too short.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #61316
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,682
Quote:
I'm looking for an executive summary on changing sprockets (and chain) on the WRR. I'd to go up on both. I'm lazy when it comes to chain tightening and don't want to chew through the swing arm with the stock front. In the rear, I'm looking to give up a little top end speed for low end power.

What combinations work well?
Where's a good place to buy parts?
Are any specific brands known for quality or junk?
Anything else I should know before doing this?

Thanks,
Joe

PS - I already have a SpeedoDRD, so I'm prepared for speedo / odo differences.
I definitely support Meef's recommendation for Rocky Mountain.

What I run on the WR:

47 tooth rear- 1022350055
13 tooth front- 1021470103
110 link chain- 1021250015
Spare master link- 1021250021

All that comes in under $100 so you'll "have" to buy something else to get over the free shipping threshold.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #61317
mynamewasmud
Hillbilly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,306
Well here are the before and after. She will be leaving the mud ranch tomorrow at a $1000 profit.

mynamewasmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #61318
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Rocky Mountain's Primary Drive stuff is decent at a good price point. I am currently running the gold colored chain with 14/50 gearing. My thoughts were that it would prevent chain slider wear but it looks like it is wearing about the same as with the stock sizes. I really am not noticing a tremendous amount more low end grunt even with the much bigger rear but overall I like the gearing and would run it again. I would have to look at the number of links I am running but I recall it is more than Rocky Mountain suggested for that sprocket combo... I think it is 114. I ordered the next chain size down based on their suggestion and it was too short.
Thanks for the info.

I'm not seeing a 14-tooth Primary Drive sprocket under WRR parts, but I did find it under ATV parts (link). Is that what you're running?

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #61319
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,682
No reason to go with the 14T, IMO.

Doesn't protect the slider and the bigger sprockets and longer chain are heavier and will sap precious HP from the little bike.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #61320
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,467
Quote:
Thanks for the info.

I'm not seeing a 14-tooth Primary Drive sprocket under WRR parts, but I did find it under ATV parts (link). Is that what you're running?
Whoops my bad, the sprockets are SuperSprox:

Supersprox Front Sprocket 14 Tooth - 2008 Yamaha WR250X
Part # 1246040032

Just looked at my order hx.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote