ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #62596
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Good to see you today Meefzah. The cases are going to work well.

Look forward to being the envy of everyone on the next group ride.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #62597
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,654
pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Looks like a still from a video camera, presumably unmanned, downrange.
You should post up a link for everyone to see the pics of your trip....they are great!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #62598
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
You should post up a link for everyone to see the pics of your trip....they are great!
Yeah, fuck facebook. where's the RR?

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #62599
Oceanbum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
Quote:
As long as this is up I'd be interested in hearing how the NC 700 X did on the trip ( if possible). Thanks, Kevin
Old 10-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #62600
Sparkster
Live seriously.

Oddometer: 1,240
Hey guys, long time no visit.

I'm seeking advice from those you with toy haulers. What do you think the one listed here is worth given the listed information?

I'm looking for a trailer I can use as a portable workshop for building holsters. With the business I started, I can travel to CCW classes, gun shows, etc and make custom gun holsters on-site. But carrying my tools in and out and in and out is breaking my back (I'm talking drill press / band saw / tables etc) so I want a workshop with stuff bolted to shelves where I can just open the door, plug in the 110 to a nearby building, and start working. It has to be smallish, btw, as I pull my current 4x8 Harbor Freight trailer with a Ford Taurus.

Thanks!

(oh and please don't snipe this one out from under me if it's a great deal...)

Quote:
+1
I highly enjoyed the pics.

Sparkster screwed with this post 10-13-2013 at 07:45 PM
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #62601
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkster View Post

I'm seeking advice from those you with toy haulers. What do you think the one listed here is worth given the listed information?

I'm looking for a trailer I can use as a portable workshop for building holsters. With the business I started, I can travel to CCW classes, gun shows, etc and make custom gun holsters on-site. But carrying my tools in and out and in and out is breaking my back (I'm talking drill press / band saw / tables etc) so I want a workshop with stuff bolted to shelves where I can just open the door, plug in the 110 to a nearby building, and start working. It has to be smallish, btw, as I pull my current 4x8 Harbor Freight trailer with a Ford Taurus.

Thanks!

(oh and please don't snipe this one out from under me if it's a great deal...)

+1
Looks like a great deal for $1700. I've seen trailers in worse condition go for over $3000. Just check the lighting but that's not a deal killer. You can rewire them for under $100.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:04 AM   #62602
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,573
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbum View Post
As long as this is up I'd be interested in hearing how the NC 700 X did on the trip ( if possible). Thanks, Kevin
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip View Post
Yeah, fuck facebook. where's the RR?

LOL, thanks. OK, here. Click "slideshow" in the upper RH corner after hitting the link, easiest way to view them with captions:

http://meefzah.smugmug.com/Other/Sep...8353&k=ZPkSnNc

Brief summary: 6500 miles, 12 days, 18 states. Basically ran USR 2 straight west across the northern border states, with some deviations to westernly side routes, got snowed out of Glacier, ran the Columbia River Gorge both ways, hit the Pacific Ocean in Oregon, rode the PCH / USR 101 south into the top 1/3 of California, then came east, crossed Nevada on US 50, then slabbed it back home. Mid-Kansas straight home in one long freeway shot of 1100 miles. 8 days camping, 3 days motel. NX700 did great but Tim can provide more details on that.

And FYI, no facebook for me, ever.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:12 AM   #62603
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling

Oddometer: 1,067
thanks

I came out and rode the Baby Burr last weekend great ride, really nice welcoming crowd. I look forward to more riding in Ohio.
Matt
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #62604
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Good to see you today Meefzah. The cases are going to work well.

Look forward to being the envy of everyone on the next group ride.
Nathan, since we were talking about it, here's a used gel seat, $135 shipped, fair deal:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/sale/146...-gel-seat.html

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #62605
buelligan
Keeper of the cheese

Oddometer: 104
Quote:

Thanks!
I dont know how much room you'll need for all your tools but it seems like a 5x6 trailer would get small really fast. You should try marking out a 5x6 spot on your garage floor and see if you can arrange your tools and I assume some kind of a bench or table in such a way that you can still move around comfortably.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #62606
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
LOL, thanks. OK, here. Click "slideshow" in the upper RH corner after hitting the link, easiest way to view them with captions:

http://meefzah.smugmug.com/Other/Sep...8353&k=ZPkSnNc
Some really nice shots there. Looks like an awesome trip.
2006 KLR650
Old 10-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #62607
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 483
Quote:

Brief summary: 6500 miles, 12 days, 18 states. Basically ran USR 2 straight west across the northern border states, with some deviations to westernly side routes, got snowed out of Glacier, ran the Columbia River Gorge both ways, hit the Pacific Ocean in Oregon, rode the PCH / USR 101 south into the top 1/3 of California, then came east, crossed Nevada on US 50, then slabbed it back home. Mid-Kansas straight home in one long freeway shot of 1100 miles. 8 days camping, 3 days motel. NX700 did great but Tim can provide more details on that.
What lead you to the Prarie Inn? I'm guessing you went right through my hometown of New Rockford on your way to/from that restaurant...
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #62608
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible monster View Post
What lead you to the Prarie Inn? I'm guessing you went right through my hometown of New Rockford on your way to/from that restaurant...
USR 2, or maybe is was SR 220 there (can't recall), I guess. There isn't much there, we were westbound, hungry, and stopped! Not sure about New Rockford though.

Edit, no, we missed NR, we came across 200 into Carrington.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 10-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #62609
Sparkster
Live seriously.

Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by buelligan View Post
I dont know how much room you'll need for all your tools but it seems like a 5x6 trailer would get small really fast. You should try marking out a 5x6 spot on your garage floor and see if you can arrange your tools and I assume some kind of a bench or table in such a way that you can still move around comfortably.
In place of a workbench, I'm planning a wide shelf along the length of one side and perhaps a table-ish shelf filling the angled nose portion. The biggest room I need, depth wise, is for the drill press so about 18". It'll be small and cramped but not only will it be rain proof, I could heat it via electric while I'm on location which opens up winter CCW classes. And since I pull it with a car, I don't know that I want to go much bigger anyway.

As for price, do you concur with buildit? I have him talked down a little bit too.
Sparkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #62610
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
As for price, do you concur with buildit? I have him talked down a little bit too.
Heck, if you can get him to lower it at all it's just that much better of a deal.
As for hauling with a car, check vehicle GVW against the trailer weight. It may be a little slow on the freeway due to air resistance but it will travel. Don't forget you can make seats that allow supplies to be stored inside them. Might even be worth getting a little harbor freight 2000 watt generator to make it totally self sufficient and functional anywhere.

PS searched the web for pricing and most trailers that size used are running $2100 or more.
2006 KLR650

buildit screwed with this post 10-14-2013 at 10:51 AM