ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #62791
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
The 9th is a Saturday. I'll keep an eye on the weather, everything here is nice and dry and the creeks are low. If it stays that way I'll repeat some of the stuff we rode earlier in the year and add a creek crossing or two. Personally, I think a small bike fits a little better, I'd say a KLR650 would be fine. I would not want a VStrom on Irish Run or crossing the Little Muskingum, but I'm sure a good rider could handle it.
KLX it is. Wasn't sure what you had planned, wanted to ask and make sure. I'm bad about bringing the wrong bike sometimes. If I'd just showed up on the KLX without asking it probably would have been a group of Stroms or GS's. Or something.

I'm not sure now though, I usually have to work Saturday's. Getting laid off tonight though so it's hard to say what job I'll be on by then.
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #62792
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,234
Quote:
Maybe we need to have a 4 stroke 200cc max ride, better yet 15HP or less. Bring that Grom down, I'll get the TW out, surely someone here has a CT90 or maybe a 125TTR with tags. We'll cruise around at 35-40mph on gravel roads all day getting 80mpg.
TTR125 here. Street titled but not tagged yet. Give the word, I'll plate it and strap a bicycle headlight on.

Think that would work? A bicycle headlight/taillight? Not so much for visibility but for legality, it might be enough. Hmm... off to Wal-mart to look at lights.
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #62793
jitterymonkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Maybe we need to have a 4 stroke 200cc max ride, better yet 15HP or less. Bring that Grom down, I'll get the TW out, surely someone here has a CT90 or maybe a 125TTR with tags. We'll cruise around at 35-40mph on gravel roads all day getting 80mpg.
That's exactly what I'd be interested in.
But, if your TW200 can hit 68mph, I'll still have trouble keeping up on my XL250. She tops out at an indicated 60mph & that's with the 41/15 tooth street spockets. (I run 14/48 when it's gonna be really dirty)

[joefast14] Never modify a Yamaha SRX-6, they turn into a money hole that you can never get out of.
jitterymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #62794
indypup
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screzzy View Post
I don't know if I'm stupid or just naive. I consider myself only adequate as a rider, but whenever someone posts something like this I just want to jump on the SV and give it a shot. "Ride what you got", right? But then I think about how I might inconvenience people if I get stuck in mud, damage the bike, etc. The problem is probably that I have 3 bikes in the garage and none of them are dual-sports.
Borrow the HD again. Those hogs like mud right? lol
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #62795
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,324
Speaking of TWs I want to sell a few of the school's bikes off. I only want to use them for 2 or so seasons so thinking about that cycle I need to move a couple of newer ones.

(I know, hard to follow, but I'd rather sell 7 and replace them next year than try to sell 14 of them next fall and replace them all in the spring of 2015)

2012 TW200. Used one season for the MSF class. A little beat up, but not as bad as you might think. White with black wheels. About 200 miles on them.

$2,999.95 +99 $doc, $15 title, & ($18.50 if you want a temp tag).....Plus applicable tax.

That is a nice amount off MSRP and substantially below cost.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #62796
LeVeL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
nov 9th ride

So, where are we meeting for this ride on the 9th? If it doesn't get crazy wet out, i'm going to try out the S10. If it's soaked, then the KTM. Hopefully, I can get off work this sat.

PS, if anyone here is localish to Zanesville Norwich area, I have an area that has fresh cut trails over 100 acres. has some pretty steep hills. and a creek area to practice crossing. anyone interested, hit me up and we'll go tear it up.
LeVeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #62797
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
Speaking of TWs I want to sell a few of the school's bikes off. I only want to use them for 2 or so seasons so thinking about that cycle I need to move a couple of newer ones.

(I know, hard to follow, but I'd rather sell 7 and replace them next year than try to sell 14 of them next fall and replace them all in the spring of 2015)

2012 TW200. Used one season for the MSF class. A little beat up, but not as bad as you might think. White with black wheels. About 200 miles on them.

$2,999.95 +99 $doc, $15 title, & ($18.50 if you want a temp tag).....Plus applicable tax.

That is a nice amount off MSRP and substantially below cost.
I'll be surprised if folks don't jump on this.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #62798
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeVeL View Post

PS, if anyone here is localish to Zanesville Norwich area, I have an area that has fresh cut trails over 100 acres. has some pretty steep hills. and a creek area to practice crossing. anyone interested, hit me up and we'll go tear it up.
I'm always interested.

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #62799
EJV
Fuso FG Expedition

Oddometer: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
..........snip.....................When I rode imogene with EJV i felt bad since i was obviously holding him up. I concider myself to be a mid level skill rider, and he blew me away on the S10. He was cool about it, and helped me push a few times when i needed it.

It was a good thing you were holding me up!! You know how hard it gets to breath as you climb altitude? I needed the stops!!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #62800
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,119

You must be 18 and have full riding gear.Pants, jersey, boots, gloves, chest protector, helmet and goggles. Bring your ID.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #62801
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post

wish I had another vacation day to burn

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:02 AM   #62802
motodirtlover
Motodirtlover

Oddometer: 1,048
Quote:
So, where are we meeting for this ride on the 9th? If it doesn't get crazy wet out, i'm going to try out the S10. If it's soaked, then the KTM. Hopefully, I can get off work this sat.

I'm in on that.... We have a off-road bike club based in the Norwich area! Shoot me a PM.....
motodirtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #62803
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 791
Quote:
Let's say north of Marietta. Probably easiest is a gas station called the Pit Stop at I77 exit 6, it's where SR821 crosses and very near SR60 as well. There is a Subway there. Address is: 3355 State Route 821, Marietta, OH 45750 (That address sucks if you're using Google maps, this one will get you closer: 75 Highland Ridge Road Marietta, OH 45750, the station is on SR821). If for some reason someone is driving and needs a place to unload/park, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my house address. It's only 3 miles from the exit. I'll let a few of you that are coming choose a start time, I was thinking 9:30-10.

For the ride, expect not as rugged as Tar Hollow overall. There are a couple similar sections, but more gravel. There will be a couple of creek crossings, water is usually on my boots in the deepest one, but not too dramatic. Course will vary based on rain and expected creek levels. Some will be a repeat of earlier this year.

Pace will be like most group rides I've been on: not real fast, plenty of regroups, we'll wait and help if someone gets behind. We'll grab food somewhere, I know of a couple options, one only takes cash.

I generally have a path in mind, but I'm open to changing it and fooling around a particular area if folks want.

I'm unsure about which bike I'll be on, but it will either be the WR250R or a KTM 450EXC.

If there is interest, I seriously would be willing to do a really little bike ride (TW and slower) around the first of December or just after T-Giving.
I ride gravel for a least a few hours every Sat or Sun afternoon, so just shoot me a PM and we'll ride.

Quote:
Post up if a group gets together.

ruppster screwed with this post 10-30-2013 at 06:34 AM
ruppster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #62804
Benly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Quote:
The 9th is a Saturday. I'll keep an eye on the weather, everything here is nice and dry and the creeks are low. If it stays that way I'll repeat some of the stuff we rode earlier in the year and add a creek crossing or two. Personally, I think a small bike fits a little better, I'd say a KLR650 would be fine. I would not want a VStrom on Irish Run or crossing the Little Muskingum, but I'm sure a good rider could handle it.
I'm going to try to make this. If so I will ride the 250. I'm not sure how close your planned route gets to Wayne but I believe the APV trails are open to bikes without the need to obtain a pass for Veteran’s day that weekend. Might make an interesting addition to the ride.
Benly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #62805
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 897
I miss you guys

I'd just like to be a girl a moment and say I miss you guys. You actually ride. And there's always riding to do.

I'm currently trolling multiple forums looking for new/more riding buddies and it's a pain in the ass.

*sigh*

That is all. Carry on.

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote