ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #65446
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
Off topic I'm heading to C-bus tomorrow to drop off a puppy for the kids. After the exchange was thinking of going over to Iron Pony to look for a new helmet and a Klim coat. So I have read here about the big change to the store, do they not have any accessories like they used to, or did they just get rid of the clearance section/items? Can you get something that shows on the web site as a clearance item at the store also or is it only available on line ? I'm not sure what all is there after reading your guys reports of the big Indian showroom. Thanks

WR 426
TTR 125
S2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #65447
Screzzy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
From what I have observed:
Clearance section is much smaller.
Online selection and pricing is different from in-store.
I've never seen Klim there (haven't specifically looked for it though).
Screzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #65448
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Everything on the site is at the store... but it may not be easy to find, and pricing might not be identical. The jacket/pants clearance section is about gone... still lots of helmets. They only carried Klim for a very short while... it's all long gone. They had some very nice Scott adventure gear (Like Dual Raid pants and jackets) on closeout, but only big sizes; XL and 2XL I think... they were in the back of the dirt gear room (behind the upside-down bike/manican.)
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #65449
motodirtlover
Motodirtlover

Oddometer: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Oh... sorry... I was referring to MotoDirtLover when I asked for road names (regarding roads that are no longer fair game).

I'm not good at the power line trails down there... but the church is most likely at 39.380393, -82.675519. Google maps sucks, but Bing maps shows the abandoned roads. The two going southish from that point are both great. Going southwest spits you out into an area that was being heavily logged. I ran into loggers numerous times there, and they all let me pass... but that was a year ago now... no promises. Going southeast is a creekbed road. The map shows it continues across the river...but the map lies.
I'd stay off of everything south of 50. The road that crosses salt creek from narrows can sometimes be a hot issue, not that it'd be crossable this weekend after all of the rain we've had anyhow.
There are a few others that I can't think of the name of at the moment.
motodirtlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #65450
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by motodirtlover View Post
I'd stay off of everything south of 50. The road that crosses salt creek from narrows can sometimes be a hot issue, not that it'd be crossable this weekend after all of the rain we've had anyhow.
There are a few others that I can't think of the name of at the moment.
Cool... thanks man.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:07 PM   #65451
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
No coordinates, but I'm getting:
67000 Egypt north rd
Bethesda,oh 43719

It's about 204-204.5 mm on the North.side of i70 right next to an on ramp from us40.
I believe that is where we were heading the day you biffed. That route was to cross 70 in that area. Turra and had been exploring down there a couple times looking to extend it.

Michael

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #65452
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 860
Quote:
(Conserve The Ride - June 7th)

I'm currently trying to setup my summer with two part time jobs, both with very flexible hours. My plan is going to be, work a bunch when nothings going on, and take 3-4 day weekends whenever I have something fun to do. Then ideally, I'll do a long ride this late summer or fall.

That Conserve the Ride weekend is currently between two already planned long weekends, so I'm not positive if I'll be able to pull it off... but if/when you come up with a plan, let me know! I'll see what I can do.

Anyone want to ride little bikes Sunday? Tar Hallow? Danville? Perry?
I could do Danville Sunday.

Here is something else if anyone is interested I am going to ride the Strom some place over spring break ( April 17-21st) or I could do the 16th- 20th since Easter is Sunday. I have no real plans but I have not been to the Dragon yet so that's kind of what I am think. PM me for more details.
alansz400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #65453
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
I believe that is where we were heading the day you biffed. That route was to cross 70 in that area. Turra and had been exploring down there a couple times looking to extend it.

Michael
If I recall right we crossed 70 several miles east of there. I remember a few roads were nonexistent on that ride also. Overall it was a pretty good course and ride other than the shoulder taking a hit.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #65454
ohiomatt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Got a bunch of farkles for 2012 up Vstrom. Panniers, seat, etc.etc. Pm me if interested. Local pick up only right now. Near Perrysville Oh.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
ohiomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #65455
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
I have no real plans but I have not been to the Dragon yet so that's kind of what I am think. PM me for more details.

Im going to be down there (Tellico Plains, specifically) the last weekend of April (24th-27th) if you should happen to go that weekend, send me a text and we can get together for a ride.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #65456
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Mike, Screezy thanks for the info.The klim jacket was something on line that was Yamaha branded, of course now that I have time to run down there I don't see it. It wasn't something I needed, but if I make it there I'll see if they have it.

WR 426
TTR 125
Old 04-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #65457
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomatt View Post
Got a bunch of farkles for 2012 up Vstrom. Panniers, seat, etc.etc. Pm me if interested. Local pick up only right now. Near Perrysville Oh.

Jesus dude, you've been selling that stuff on Craigslist for months. You need to be willing to ship it.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:41 PM   #65458
ohiomatt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Jesus dude, you've been selling that stuff on Craigslist for months. You need to be willing to ship it.
Not a big deal to ship or sell. Just figured someone driving distance away may want a good deal on a ton of stuff. Package deal.. Probably going on flea bay later this week to get ride of it .

ohiomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:43 PM   #65459
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,022
Quote:
Anyone want to ride little bikes Sunday? Tar Hallow? Danville? Perry?

Is this small enough?

Michael

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:26 AM   #65460
S2P
Studly Adventurer

Dang! You got shocks, pegs....Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

WR 426
TTR 125