ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #65626
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,030
Anyone been to this place before? They offer anything to eat? I usually go out to dinner with a few buddies on Thursdays, and we may stop by the show. I've shot the place an email asking about a cover.

Edit, just read they have food trucks come by on the weekends. When they reply to my email, I'll see if they're going to have one for the show Thursday.
__________________
2008 990 Adventure
2008 WR250R
www.Mikef5000.com
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #65627
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter
 
SlipChip's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: East of CleveOh
Oddometer: 3,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDog45 View Post
http://www.theramblinghouse.com

Fixed the link for ya
Thanks, Jen must have had a fuzzy morning...
__________________
Chip
`92 Yamaha TDM 850

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #65628
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,324
I did some of the dry parts of 715 yesterday. Along with portions of 206, 60 & 229. I stopped to look at the old lock just east of Walhondig. As I was parking a couple on a KLR rode by and then turned around to make sure I was OK. We didn't talk. As soon as they saw me down by the lock they knew I was stopped for curiosities sake and not a breakdown or crash.

They were on a red KLR, I think gen 2, & wearing hiz-viz stuff.

Thanks for checking on me.
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #65629
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter
 
SlipChip's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: East of CleveOh
Oddometer: 3,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Anyone been to this place before? They offer anything to eat? I usually go out to dinner with a few buddies on Thursdays, and we may stop by the show. I've shot the place an email asking about a cover.

Edit, just read they have food trucks come by on the weekends. When they reply to my email, I'll see if they're going to have one for the show Thursday.
I can't tell you about the Inn but here is Mo Mojo.
Not sure what the Duo will be like...

Jen is the curly redhead and Anthony is the guitarist on the right.
__________________
Chip
`92 Yamaha TDM 850

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch

SlipChip screwed with this post 04-14-2014 at 01:20 PM
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #65630
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous
 
steveb126's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Wooster,OH
Oddometer: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
I did some of the dry parts of 715 yesterday. Along with portions of 206, 60 & 229. I stopped to look at the old lock just east of Walhondig. As I was parking a couple on a KLR rode by and then turned around to make sure I was OK. We didn't talk. As soon as they saw me down by the lock they knew I was stopped for curiosities sake and not a breakdown or crash.

They were on a red KLR, I think gen 2, & wearing hiz-viz stuff.

Thanks for checking on me.
The Lovely Lady and I were out on the Goldwing in the Danville/Warsaw area around 3pm. I was down there Saturday on the little Honda also.
__________________
I may not be much, but I'm all I think about.
Wee & Wingabago Wanderings
steveb126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #65631
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,324
I’m going to do a street ride on Sunday. All street. We will not go crazy fast so you can bring about whatever you want.
Stands up at Iron Pony at 8AM full of fuel. That means we are leaving at 8AM.

About 375 miles of some of the best Ohio roads

8 hours of riding, but you better plan on being gone for 11 with gas stops & lunch.

If it looks like rain I will call it off.

This is Easter Sunday so I realize you might have other commitments.

Scott

It looks like 60 and sunny...

Please do not be a squid.
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:31 PM   #65632
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer
 
FireDog45's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Central, Ohio
Oddometer: 664
I'll be getting off from the station that morning, coincidentally 0800, but if I can swing it I'll see ya there. If it looks like I can't meet at 0800 I'll try to touch base and see where you're headed first and will try to intercept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
I’m going to do a street ride on Sunday. All street. We will not go crazy fast so you can bring about whatever you want.
Stands up at Iron Pony at 8AM full of fuel. That means we are leaving at 8AM.

About 375 miles of some of the best Ohio roads

8 hours of riding, but you better plan on being gone for 11 with gas stops & lunch.

If it looks like rain I will call it off.

This is Easter Sunday so I realize you might have other commitments.

Scott

It looks like 60 and sunny...

Please do not be a squid.
FireDog45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:25 PM   #65633
nineTofive
Adventurer
 
nineTofive's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Akron Ohio
Oddometer: 47
Haaa funny to get on this thread for one of the first few times and seeing a vid of mo mojo playin. Thats great

Good band, good music and good parties!!

Cheers
nineTofive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #65634
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter
 
SlipChip's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: East of CleveOh
Oddometer: 3,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineTofive View Post
Haaa funny to get on this thread for one of the first few times and seeing a vid of mo mojo playin. Thats great

Good band, good music and good parties!!

Cheers
Video doesn't really do the usual live act justice, Anthony and Jen can really string it out...
__________________
Chip
`92 Yamaha TDM 850

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #65635
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Oddometer: 2,030
$5 cover on Thursday, which they said was pretty standard for the rambling house. I haven't heard back about a food truck for the evening.
__________________
2008 990 Adventure
2008 WR250R
www.Mikef5000.com
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:50 AM   #65636
indypup
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
 
indypup's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Troy, OHIO
Oddometer: 3,604
__________________
don't do that...but if you do FILM IT!
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W ISDE
2007 ST1300, 2008 KLR650, 2008 WR290R Supermoto, 1995 Ninja 250R
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:49 AM   #65637
dox
How much for the ape?
 
dox's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Athens, OH
Oddometer: 2,647
Nothing like sleet and snow to get one excited for riding season.
__________________
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
dox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #65638
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Nothing like sleet and snow to get one excited for riding season.
No doubt. I banged out almost 500 great miles over a nearly perfect weekend to wake up to 2" of snow this am. Dang.

At least this is during the week and it looks like we will have another nice weekend coming up.
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #65639
Danjal
Insert wit here.
 
Danjal's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Location,Location
Oddometer: 2,600
Since some of you guys shoot, I'll cross post this one.

Remington Arms Company, LLC (“Remington”) announced a voluntary recall of Model 700 and Model Seven rifles with X-Mark Pro (“XMP”) triggers, manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9,2014.

http://xmprecall.remington.com/
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #65640
indypup
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
 
indypup's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Troy, OHIO
Oddometer: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by motodirtlover View Post
Looks like the Discovery channel folks will be shooting at the ACES-RACES.com Lost in Lodi Enduro this weekend...
Bring your bike down and make it good.
So how did the Lodi enduro turn out? Why was discovery channel there? For their Appalachia show?
__________________
don't do that...but if you do FILM IT!
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W ISDE
2007 ST1300, 2008 KLR650, 2008 WR290R Supermoto, 1995 Ninja 250R
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014