ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #65641
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030

Just a fun shot from last weekend... out, just north of Peggy Sues. It wouldn't have been any big deal, but I was 2-up with overnight luggage. I rode right along the edge of the hill and the water... we were sinking pretty deep and going all kinds of sideways, but I stayed on the gas, and we pulled though. Afterwards, the girl said she was sure we were going down and she was ready to jump off. Nice.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #65642
Sketchy Bikes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjal View Post
Since some of you guys shoot, I'll cross post this one.

Remington Arms Company, LLC (“Remington”) announced a voluntary recall of Model 700 and Model Seven rifles with X-Mark Pro (“XMP”) triggers, manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9,2014.

http://xmprecall.remington.com/
Mine is part of that recall. I have the AAC SPS tactical, but I don't think I'm sending it back. I hear it is excessive bonding agent used in the trigger.

My gun is in a chassis with a nightforce scope and muzzle break set up for a suppressor. I have more in that gun than my DR650!! I'm not sending it back to them! Just an excuse to buy a better trigger now. So I have been researching Remington 700 triggers...
Sketchy Bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:32 PM   #65643
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchy Bikes View Post
Mine is part of that recall. I have the AAC SPS tactical, but I don't think I'm sending it back. I hear it is excessive bonding agent used in the trigger.

My gun is in a chassis with a nightforce scope and muzzle break set up for a suppressor. I have more in that gun than my DR650!! I'm not sending it back to them! Just an excuse to buy a better trigger now. So I have been researching Remington 700 triggers...
Well, don't let them get sent to the NY facility which Remington is apparently going to keep open with a government order for sniper rifles.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #65644
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,174
Quote:

Oh I know that problem all too well. Word is you can get it done locally and Remington foots the bill. It's loctite,but I'm not sure where in the trigger that's the cause of the recall.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #65645
blackdiamondmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Hey indy,
Thanks for posting that video at dayton dirt riders. I have bad memories of dragging my wrr out of the ravines there.
blackdiamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:00 AM   #65646
indypup
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiamondmike View Post
Hey indy,
Thanks for posting that video at dayton dirt riders. I have bad memories of dragging my wrr out of the ravines there.
Just imagine me showing up there with my WRR and a broken wrist!!! I quickly decided to pack up and go to the hospital!

I still joined. I figured if I want to be the best rider I can be I have to be able to ride in the worst conditions available...lol

I want to take my KLR and WRR down there and make some videos now. I'd look like a real hero if I could make it out alive.

Some very good riders there still say the place challenges them.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #65647
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Quote:

I have been trying to go with 2 stage triggers in about everything and have used a couple of the CG X-Treme triggers for my 700s and very happy with them.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:52 PM   #65648
Sketchy Bikes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
I have been trying to go with 2 stage triggers in about everything and have used a couple of the CG X-Treme triggers for my 700s and very happy with them.
I looked at those, and they look very nice. I would really like a 2 stage trigger, but they are all over $300 from what I find. I have been looking at the Jewell, and the Timminy. Lot's of reviews on both on the interwebs..

Looks to me like the Jewell may be a tad better, but more geared for BR shooting. I am usually laying in the dirt or on the ground when we are shooting our rifles. I hear the Jewell doesn't like dirt/dust.

I my go with the Timminy instead based on what I read about the ruggedness of them. I don't need a trigger that will go off when a fly lands on it... Some of these things are set so light, it's not for me. That was the only other complaint is that the Timminy doesn't adjust as low as the Jewell.

I don't know, the more I read, the more I go back and forth. I should just pony up and get the 2-stage, but I just had a kid and funds are tight for the guns right now...
Sketchy Bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:30 AM   #65649
everready
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
I met 'everready' (Al) yesterday and we had a nice evening ride down to and from Sardis via 800, 536, and 255. Dinner at Marv's. Nice to meet you, Al.

I was nice to meet you as well. We should plan on doing it again, (if you don't get tired waiting for me to catch up...)

Al
Old 04-17-2014, 05:33 AM   #65650
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by everready View Post

I was nice to meet you as well. We should plan on doing it again, (if you don't get tired waiting for me to catch up...)

Al
No worries. It was fun.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:29 AM   #65651
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone off tomorrow (Good Friday) and want to ride? Preferably dirt? If nothing else, I could lead an easy (big bikeable) or tougher (lil bikes) tar hallow area ride.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #65652
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,174
Interesting thread on bike theft if you have time. Tis the season for scumbags to steal our pride and joys.

http://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/..._operator_ama/
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:50 PM   #65653
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 9,956
Have any of you had any ride time on a Husky TR650 Terra? I am bored and thinking it is time to get another gravel/dirt oriented bike. This looks to be KLR priced and with plenty of ugliness and about 20 more hp.

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #65654
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

I don't know much about long term, but I have ridden one, and it's a heck of a bike for the money.

Motohio in columbus had a few leftovers heavily discounted... Not sure if they still do or not.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #65655
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
I don't know much about long term, but I have ridden one, and it's a heck of a bike for the money.

Motohio in columbus had a few leftovers heavily discounted... Not sure if they still do or not.
Paging Solace to the White curtsey phone....