ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #67066
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,595
Guys (and gals), are there any tires that bridge the gap between metzeler Sahara/Mefo explorer/K60 and full knobbie? Say about a 40/60 or so tire? Something good for mud that holds up to pavement?
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #67067
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
What's most fucked up, if I am compelled to order a beer due to social circumstance, I generally select Coors Light. On a recent ride, at lunch, a stranger bought us a round of Old Genesee, and while I'm sure it is sub-Natty Light in the hierarchy of ass-tasting beer, I rather liked it.

I dont believe I've ever had original Genesee, but I can tell you from personal experience to avoid this swill like the plague:

especially if its on tap...the taste isn't completely awful, but you'll have a wicked case of the liquid shits the next day...

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #67068
'Flagger
..this space for rent..

Oddometer: 2,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screzzy View Post
If you like stouts bring home some Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout.
No In-Bev for this snob.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Proud to be an inmate of AdvRider.
'Flagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #67069
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,554
Quote:
What's most fucked up, if I am compelled to order a beer due to social circumstance, I generally select Coors Light. On a recent ride, at lunch, a stranger bought us a round of Old Genesee, and while I'm sure it is sub-Natty Light in the hierarchy of ass-tasting beer, I rather liked it.
Coors light is my go to piss water beer if i plan on drinking a ton all night partying. Used to be Keystone light, Still drink keystone once a year at the Indy 500. Not too bad to drink if its ice cold and its 90 degrees outside, as long as you drink it fast and don't let it get warm.

I drink great lakes almost exclusively for every other occasion. GL Conways Irish Ale is some delicious beer. Never gotten the shits, nor a hangover from it. Never had a beer from them i didn't like actually. Every time i go back home to Indiana I'm always bringing a few 6 packs for friends that can't buy it there.
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:50 PM   #67070
krumgrinder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
I drink great lakes almost exclusively for every other occasion. GL Conways Irish Ale is some delicious beer. Never gotten the shits, nor a hangover from it. Never had a beer from them i didn't like actually. Every time i go back home to Indiana I'm always bringing a few 6 packs for friends that can't buy it there.
I love the GL stuff as well; their Eliot Ness is a great amber lager, and the Dortmunder is light and tasty too. Always look forward to the coming of the Monster every spring, though...
2002 Concours (sold)
krumgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:26 PM   #67071
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by krumgrinder View Post
I love the GL stuff as well; their Eliot Ness is a great amber lager, and the Dortmunder is light and tasty too. Always look forward to the coming of the Monster every spring, though...
I usually drink Diet Mt Dew, got feeling a little adventurous and picked up some Diet Sun Drop tonight. All crazy up in here...

Just looking a little while ago and Gratiot has gotten like 3.5" of rain in the past three days. Things a little soggy up that way?
Old 06-20-2014, 07:34 PM   #67072
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
I usually drink Diet Mt Dew, got feeling a little adventurous and picked up some Diet Sun Drop tonight. All crazy up in here...

Just looking a little while ago and Gratiot has gotten like 3.5" of rain in the past three days. Things a little soggy up that way?
You got nothing to worry about. Just pick that KTM up and carry it up the hill. Rogers videos make that ride look worse then it is.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:38 PM   #67073
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by krumgrinder View Post
Always look forward to the coming of the Monster every spring, though...
I've got some waiting in my fridge right now. Usually a one and done with those.
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:54 PM   #67074
MisstheFlip
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
My dad and brother were out tonight riding half of the FRDS after the last bit of rain came through...wet, but the ground is really firm and they said everything was holding up well. Should be good
Old 06-20-2014, 07:54 PM   #67075
Rich B
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 657
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
I've got some waiting in my fridge right now. Usually a one and done with those.
I can do 2 Monsters in an evening.......but that is it. Not a beer to be taken lightly....

You boys need to head down to Sugar Creek or Millersburg and try Millersburg Brewing's offering. IMO, the vanilla porter is better than GL's EF. In Zoar, you can get the Star Lager at the the Canal Tavern that is really nice for a lager. Millersburg Brewing is doing some nice beers
Old 06-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #67076
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
You got nothing to worry about. Just pick that KTM up and carry it up the hill. Rogers videos make that ride look worse then it is.
Really? The gopro's are so wide angle they usually make it look easier than it really is...lol Especially the hills they really flatten everything out.
I'd recommend you have good tires or you will not be having much fun with all this rain.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.

indypup screwed with this post 06-22-2014 at 04:06 AM
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #67077
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

I'd go no matter what though and at least attempt the ride. You can always quit. ;) The morning loop will probably be easier than the afternoon because the afternoon loop will be muddy and rutted out from the morning traffic.

Last year I left pretty early and never got held up by traffic but I could see how it could happen if people struggle in front of you. Conditions last year were perfect though.

Flint Ridge is the best dual sport there is and around 300 riders were there last year. There was couple of guys over 70 years old too.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #67078
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=917041434979404
Old 06-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #67079
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,110
Quote:
Re: Flint Ridge, I took a few laps around Crow Canyon yesterday and the leg is good. I see no reason that I won't be able to do both Flint loops. I'm packed and ready to go...

Don't kick me over when you pass me.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:38 PM   #67080
Screzzy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Flagger View Post
No In-Bev for this snob.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
I wasn't aware that Goose Island was bought by InBev. I'm not typically a supporter of macros and the AB/InBev deal left an ESB taste in my mouth. It bums be out to think that GI is just a small asset of a huge global company that may not see their relevance or appriciate their vision. However, wouldn't it be best to continue supporting the same great beer produced by the same brewery regardless of the parent company? I don't know much about what goes on behind the scenes, but from the articles I've read in the last half hour it seems like the biggest change was moving production of Honkers Ale and 312 to larger facilities. This has allowed GI to use their brewery to increase production of specialty beers like Bourbon County. I think that's a good thing.

I don't mean to start an argument, I just want to drink good beer and hope still around when my little girls are of age.

Screzzy screwed with this post 06-20-2014 at 09:44 PM
Screzzy is offline   Reply With Quote