ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2014, 12:52 AM   #67081
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,694
I'm still aging some pre-InBev Bourbon County.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:41 AM   #67082
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,423
My last ride on the day I dislocated my shoulder. :(

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:22 AM   #67083
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
Coors light is my go to piss water beer if i plan on drinking a ton all night partying. Used to be Keystone light, Still drink keystone once a year at the Indy 500. Not too bad to drink if its ice cold and its 90 degrees outside, as long as you drink it fast and don't let it get warm.

I drink great lakes almost exclusively for every other occasion. GL Conways Irish Ale is some delicious beer. Never gotten the shits, nor a hangover from it. Never had a beer from them i didn't like actually. Every time i go back home to Indiana I'm always bringing a few 6 packs for friends that can't buy it there.
I used to drink coors light as the cheap beer until Yuengling came to town. 98% of the time it's my beer of choice, it's one of the few beers I enjoy drinking after being hot and working all day. There is nothing wrong with Keystone Light, I agree that as long as it is ice cold, it's not hateful, once it gets above like 33 degrees, forget about it. I'm in the same category as Mike, I like good beer but I don't give a shit about any of the technical aspects of it.

I can't drink great lakes beers. Something about them kicks my ass, I can have one of pretty much any of their beers and wake up the next day feeling like I had a bottle of peach MD 20/20 and licked a cat. It must be that Lake Erie/Cuyahoga river water or something.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:26 AM   #67084
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
I dont believe I've ever had original Genesee, but I can tell you from personal experience to avoid this swill like the plague:

especially if its on tap...the taste isn't completely awful, but you'll have a wicked case of the liquid shits the next day...
Never bothered me in the 70's when as a teen we would drink anything we could get.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #67085
PolyrhythmFX
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
I may attend Flint Ridge tomorrow just to spectate. If I do I'll bring a couple GoPro's as well if someone wants to use one. And I'll get some pics/video from the sidelines.
PolyrhythmFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #67086
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,205
Well no flint for me

Wife's trans blew a line. She has to take the truck while I get to take a bath in ATF, stupid automatics.
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:36 PM   #67087
krumgrinder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
I can do 2 Monsters in an evening.......but that is it. Not a beer to be taken lightly....

You boys need to head down to Sugar Creek or Millersburg and try Millersburg Brewing's offering. IMO, the vanilla porter is better than GL's EF. In Zoar, you can get the Star Lager at the the Canal Tavern that is really nice for a lager. Millersburg Brewing is doing some nice beers
Two Monsters would be my limit as well-and never on a school night- powerful stuff! Pretty sure it runs right up against the Ohio ABV limit (may it be damned to hell), iirc.

Thanks for the tip on Millersburg Brewing, was unaware of them. Ha, just googled them up, and there they are- tucked into Holmes county in the middle of Amish country! The list of brews is intriguing; looks like a cool destination for a ride, I'll have to check them out.
2002 Concours (sold)
krumgrinder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #67088
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I used to drink coors light as the cheap beer until Yuengling came to town. 98% of the time it's my beer of choice, it's one of the few beers I enjoy drinking after being hot and working all day. There is nothing wrong with Keystone Light, I agree that as long as it is ice cold, it's not hateful, once it gets above like 33 degrees, forget about it. I'm in the same category as Mike, I like good beer but I don't give a shit about any of the technical aspects of it.

I can't drink great lakes beers. Something about them kicks my ass, I can have one of pretty much any of their beers and wake up the next day feeling like I had a bottle of peach MD 20/20 and licked a cat. It must be that Lake Erie/Cuyahoga river water or something.
Thats so weird. I cant drink yeungling because of the hangovers. I think it tastes good, I just always regret drinking it. The only time that happens with any great lakes is if im a stumbling mess the night before. Strange how different people react differently.
Mgbgt89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:57 PM   #67089
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
Never bothered me in the 70's when as a teen we would drink anything we could get.
I don't think I've seen a single person drinking natty ice since I was in high school. Terrible stuff. But it was beer.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #67090
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
I don't think I've seen a single person drinking natty ice since I was in high school. Terrible stuff. But it was beer.

I used to work with a guy who drank the shit out of Milwaukee's Best Ice. I mean, I would take him through the drive through on the way home (he didn't have a license, imagine that) and he would get a 30 of them like 3-4 times in a week.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #67091
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Whitey had said something about it, so I'll share with the rest of you guys, here's what is currently eating all of my time.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=988050

Old 06-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #67092
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I used to work with a guy who drank the shit out of Milwaukee's Best Ice. I mean, I would take him through the drive through on the way home (he didn't have a license, imagine that) and he would get a 30 of them like 3-4 times in a week.
"The beast" was the beer of choice when I was at University of Dayton. I hated that beer.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #67093
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

I didn't drive over to Flint Ridge tonight after all. Work called me right after I left the house and had to turn around and go home. :(

I still plan on driving over early in the morning though.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:36 AM   #67094
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Well I just got up to get ready to leave for flint ridge and my stupid shoulder is hurting like hell. Not sure what I did to it but I guess I better stay home. :(

I hope you guys have fun!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:28 AM   #67095
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,517
Quote:
"The beast" was the beer of choice when I was at University of Dayton. I hated that beer.
this is the "Beast" that I was lucky enough to get a taste of in Tennessee this year:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30/15619/

it was a batch 11 bottle...truly amazing taste

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote